Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Four Seasons Punta Mita or Four Seasons Costa Rica

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2005, 9:54 am
Original Poster

Four Seasons Punta Mita or Four Seasons Costa Rica

I am trying to decide between FS Punta Mita or FS Costa Rica. Beside service, which one is more impressive?

Thanks
Old Mar 16, 2005, 10:06 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM; SPG PLAT/Ambassador
I've just gone through the exact same process. I've decided on Costa Rica.

Check out the reviews at tripadvisor.
Old Mar 21, 2005, 10:33 am

we weren't terribly impressed with Punta Mita
Old Mar 21, 2005, 10:56 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by AndrewC
we weren't terribly impressed with Punta Mita
Care to expand on that? The gateway to heaven promo makes this hotel very attractive on the surface.
Old Mar 28, 2005, 11:29 am
Original Poster

Fs Costa Rica and FS Punta Mita

Has someone visited both properties that can contribute with some comments? Please!
Old Mar 28, 2005, 4:34 pm

FS Costa Rica

I have never been to the FS Punta Mita, but the FS Costa Rica is wonderful. The room was probably the best I have ever seen. I stayed right after they opened and the service was not quite up to speed, but I am sure it is by now. Try to go in the dry season for the best weather. FS Costa Rica has all the makings for a top notch resort. The pools are a bit disappointing and the beach and ocean are not the best or prettiest, but it is nonetheless a real gem.

Originally Posted by cintroncar
I am trying to decide between FS Punta Mita or FS Costa Rica. Beside service, which one is more impressive?

Thanks
Old Oct 29, 2005, 11:57 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, United Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz #1 Gold
I had an amazing stay at the FSPM.
I have not been, but heard great things about FS Costa Rica.
Old Jul 10, 2007, 7:13 am

Programs: United 1K, American EXP & 3 Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist & Marriott Ambassador Elite
Was down to the same choices and picked Costa Rica based upon tripadvisor and other accounts. Don't go until next April, but feel pretty confident in the decision.
Old Jul 10, 2007, 8:06 am

Programs: aa e-plat 3 mm; ca plat; spg plat; hilton dia
Cant help but big punta mita fans

We love Punta Mita, have been there 6 times

It is isolated and takes a while to get from the airport but it is really safe and the only downside is the lack of dining choices, but we like room service after a day at the beach anyway...food has been inconsistant, twice great once good, once dreadful and once ok

Spa is wonderful, pool has an infinity wall with killer views to the ocean

service is of the highest four season standards, beach front rooms have great views from the balcony

but have never been to cr so cant help compare -
Old Jul 10, 2007, 8:20 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Plat, NW Plat
I'll echo Carlyle's thoughts (although I've only been there once). Punta Mita is wonderful except for the food. Gorgeous views, nice beach, great staff. It's my wife's favorite resort-even beating FS Nevis.
Old Jul 10, 2007, 12:59 pm

I haven't been to the Costa Rica property but recently spent a week at Punta Mita. I must echo the other comments here about how great it is. It is my new favorite resort hotel and, IMHO, the best place around for R&R.

I think it's a must to have an ocean front room (I prefer the ones on the cliff, as opposed to straight on a beach).

In contrast to some others here, I found the food pretty good. The pool fare was interesting but not extraordinary. The new restaurant Bahia was incredible.
Old Jul 10, 2007, 2:42 pm

I prefer Costa Rica to Punta Mita. The golf course in Costa Rica is absolutely stunning and very challenging. The beach is nicer at Punta Mita. I prefer the dinning options at the Costa Rica property. There are more activities closer to the Costa Rica property and the transfer from the airport in Liberia takes only 15 or 20 minutes. Getting in a out of PVR can be frustrationg a peak times. I have recived nothing but superb service at both resorts.
Old Jul 10, 2007, 4:48 pm

Programs: United 1K, American EXP & 3 Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist & Marriott Ambassador Elite
Both sound wonderful. I am ready to plan a second trip to Punta Mita for some time in the future.
Old Jul 10, 2007, 4:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Punta Mita seems to get a lot of Hualalai comparisons.

perhaps the biggest difference is how isolated the properties are, and whether that affects planned activities.

also while oceanview suites with pool might be comparable, from $1225 @ Punta Mita and $1400 @ Costa Rica, Punta Mita has beachfront rooms as well, from $925

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.