Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel Teatro in Denver

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2005, 10:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, US Air Silver Preferred, BA ExecSilver
Hotel Teatro in Denver

We really liked this hotel - got a corner King room which was more than sufficient and we thought roomier than the Jr. Suite. A young staff that are more than willing to help in any way possible, including driving you wherever you want to go! Great casual restaurant that has changed from French to Italian - and a more formal dining room. We would stay there again without a doubt.
Old Mar 10, 2005, 2:26 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Explorist; Bonvoy Platinum
Great to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Teatro! It's a lovely hotel.

Someone recently asked about the Teatro in anticipation of a stay there, and I posted some comments. Did you start that thread?
Old Mar 10, 2005, 7:38 am
Original Poster

I believe that was me, and possibly you were the one who highly recommended the hotel. Thanks
Old Apr 25, 2005, 11:54 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

I stayed in this hotel last night (when we pulled up I realized I had stayed here once before) and I think the folks above must be writing about a different hotel with the same name.

You are welcomed to the hotel by a desk clerk who asks you to sign a slip saying "I will pay $35 if I lose the room key" in addition to the regular check-in forms. When I told them that I disliked small rooms, the pretentious young clerk strongly encouraged me to upgrade from standard to deluxe for $20 more, which I did.

Well, the deluxe room is tiny -- I looked at a standard room on the way out and it is a mere closet.

Some of the things you won't find in the Teatro include stationery in the rooms, a premium channel of any kind on the TV set, help that cares if you complain about something, an in-room safe, lightbulbs bigger than 40 watts, decently sized closets, or turndown service.

Oh, they say they have turndown service, they told me they just forgot my room and of course, when I returned after dinner, it was too late to do anything about it since the cleaning staff had left.

What you WILL find is a letter from the general manager explaining that because of the water shortage in the Denver area, they won't change your sheets during your stay unless you specifically ask them to.

The electronic room key was flaky, and required turning several times in the lock before it eventually worked. But what should I expect for a mere $35 deposit?

Yes, there is a plus side, my bathroom was large and nice -- I guess they decided a large bathroom and a rainforest shower will make up for everything else.

Not for me. I asked around, and there is a new JW Marriott hotel away from downtown that is probably the best in town currently. The large parking lot in front of the Teatro is supposed to become a FS someday. When that happens, I am confident that the curtain will quickly fall on this annoying little hotel.
Old Apr 26, 2005, 10:03 am
Original Poster

Interesting experience, RichardInSF - I do remember all of those things, (except we stayed in a corner Deluxe King), but don't remember thinking it was a problem, possibly because we were there only two nights. I will agree that this is not a five star hotel, has a quite young, hip staff who are kind of up and down, the closets are ridiculously small, TV reception was bad, and we had to exchange our room key because it wasn't working properly. And while the staff were quite happy to take us where we wanted to go, we never knew whether or not to tip and if we did, it would have been about the price of the taxi anyway - no one seemed to expect it.

Denver does not have a great hotel, in my opinion, so this was the best of a mediocre lot. My rave reviews on my previous post were possibly because expectations were low, and the beds were nice, which is always a plus for us! So considering the alternatives, we would probably stay at the Teatro again. Sorry if I led you wrong -

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.