Search

Essex House - Westin/St Regis

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2004, 2:49 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: CX Gold MPO
Essex House - Westin/St Regis

I am planning to stay at the Westin @ Essex House in NYC (as the price of one of my favourite hotel - W Times Sq for some strange reason is way too expensive).

Just want to know has anyone stayed at this hotel?

How is the quality/service and location (I presume it is just opposite CP and near the Plaza Hotel)

Also I heard that the St Regis is in the same building? Does it have seperate entrance?
I heard that being a SPG PLT they sometimes upgrade you to the ST Regis.
How is the St Regis compared to Westin?

What bath Amenities do they use? I remember the Westin @ Times Sq uses MB.
Old Oct 10, 2004, 3:29 am

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, DL GM, Marriott Platinum
The St. Regis is at 55th and 5th. I just came from drinks there. Delightful place.

The Essex House is on CPS (aka 59th St.) between 6th and 7th. Both are wonderful. The Essex House has Alain Ducasse on site. One of my apartment walls adjoins the hotel, and to its credit, I have never heard a peep from the Essex House.
Old Oct 10, 2004, 3:37 am

Programs: SQ PPS, LH SEN, Amex something, nothing everywhere else
It's been discussed in the past. A search of the forum will turn up quite a bit of info.
Old Oct 10, 2004, 12:57 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
There is a St. Regis in the Essex House --occupies the top-most floors of the hotel. Aside from that I do not know much more about the property -- however, as others have suggested there are plenty of threads/posts on these two properties, especially in the Starwood forum.
Cheers

Originally Posted by fastflyer
The St. Regis is at 55th and 5th. I just came from drinks there. Delightful place.

The Essex House is on CPS (aka 59th St.) between 6th and 7th. Both are wonderful. The Essex House has Alain Ducasse on site. One of my apartment walls adjoins the hotel, and to its credit, I have never heard a peep from the Essex House.
Old Oct 10, 2004, 5:28 pm
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
My husband just got back from the Essex House this week. It has the usual Westin amenities (Heavenly). I asked him about the bath products and he gave me a funny look and said, "The shampoo worked fine."

He really liked the Central Park views. The marble bathrooms were recently updated and nice. Printer, fax, high speed in the rooms. The standard room is decent size for NYC.

All in all, he was happy.

I met him this weekend and we stayed at the Pen. More on that later in a separate trip report.
Old Oct 11, 2004, 1:48 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
The St. Regis Club at the Essex House is on the top floors and has bigger rooms and we get suites there every time. It's a "hotel within a hotel" concept that has its own check-in desk and better/bigger amenities in the bathroom, etc.
Old Oct 11, 2004, 11:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Essex House is a nice 4 star property, with location and views being its strong suits.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.