Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Aman Poll and Questions (up to end 2009)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aman Poll and Questions (up to end 2009)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2009, 4:51 am

Occupancy rate seems to be very low.
FB prices seem extremely ok to me (e.g. a main course for 15 usd). The only thing that seemed a little expensive were wine (but I can see why).
I always had local dishes and they were delicious.
Today got a spa treatment, a kind of shatsu-like local massage (outstanding) on the back of the spa there is another building where works are going on (there will be steamrooms and saunas).
With respect to excursions ehm.. have not done much until now. I have been busy socializing a lot with other travellers I met during the trip from Thailand (a crazy unbelievably funny speed boat trip on the Mekong river).
PS. the GM's name is Gary. Felipe and Chittima are also in the management and they're all extremely nice.
Old Aug 15, 2009, 7:08 am

<<< e n v i o u s >>>>>>
hubertus ..other than the suites does amantaka have nice areas to lounge abbout ? in comfort ?

would you know when the resort would be fully opened ?

and lastly any news of future amans or amans in general ?

^
Old Aug 15, 2009, 1:08 pm

Programs: some
Thanks for the updates - it sounds great!
Old Aug 15, 2009, 9:54 pm

The common areas are pretty extensive. I am in the library now which is the pavilion between the entrance and the pool. Big deep sofas in paille de Vienne here and in the bar too. Lots of armchairs and loungers around the pool.
I went to ride elephants this morning (fun). Got some other excursions on my schedule, I will update
The new Chinese Aman seems to be in the pipeline and opening soon. Apparently it will include an entire authentic rural village.Also the Portuguese Amans will open.
By the way, with respect to the occupancy, the resort has only 6 suites which are already open. All of them are occupied. The place is already fully booked for Christmas and NYE.
Old Aug 16, 2009, 9:03 am

grazie hubertus

aman in hangzhou would be stunning. really looking forward to it !!

:-::-:
Old Aug 20, 2009, 12:58 am

I am at the beach in Amanpuri (the whole resort is wifized and i take some time to' update my flyertalk fellows).
This place seems to have improved a lot since i was here last time. New gym in a spectacular location and new beach club with pool. More infos and pix later.
Old Aug 20, 2009, 4:25 am

Programs: some
Yeah, the gym is amazing. Has to be one of the best ever. Enjoy!
Old Aug 23, 2009, 7:15 pm

Anyone else stayed at Milocer at svetistefan and can provide an update on development?
I think the queen marija suites are now available. I was told that the Queen Marija suites and the Private pool suites on Sveti Stefan will be the prime suites of the entire resort when fully operational.
I read the piece in Conde Naste traveller about their stay at Milocer and I think the criticisms strange. The writer was disappointed by the lack of gilt and ornate artwork. I got the distinct feeling that the reviewer had never been to an aman before and expected Burj style faux gold on gold.

Also, has anyone heard of another possible aman in Montengro at Durmitor national park?
Old Aug 25, 2009, 7:07 am

Originally Posted by paul2
Anyone else stayed at Milocer at svetistefan and can provide an update on development?
I think the queen marija suites are now available. I was told that the Queen Marija suites and the Private pool suites on Sveti Stefan will be the prime suites of the entire resort when fully operational.
I read the piece in Conde Naste traveller about their stay at Milocer and I think the criticisms strange. The writer was disappointed by the lack of gilt and ornate artwork. I got the distinct feeling that the reviewer had never been to an aman before and expected Burj style faux gold on gold.

Also, has anyone heard of another possible aman in Montengro at Durmitor national park?
I may be wrong, but from the pictures I have seen, the rooms lack a little bit of local flavour. I am not saying that I would have expected russan dolls and balalaikas around, but to me they look like a very nice contemporary hotel which could be in Berlin or Singapore. Or maybe the slight 60's style is aimed to recall the golden age of Sveti Stefan?
Old Aug 25, 2009, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by Hubertus
I may be wrong, but from the pictures I have seen, the rooms lack a little bit of local flavour. I am not saying that I would have expected russan dolls and balalaikas around, but to me they look like a very nice contemporary hotel which could be in Berlin or Singapore. Or maybe the slight 60's style is aimed to recall the golden age of Sveti Stefan?
Bear in mind Hubertus Milocer is on the beach. I thought its interior (which is modern and clean lines) correct for a beachfront villa. The exterior of the villa itself has been softened somewhat by the loggia and garden furniture which gives an 'in the countryside feel'. I think an eclectic/heavier interior would have not worked with its on the beach/near the mountains look. Just my opinion though.
Old Aug 30, 2009, 6:44 pm

Although we didn't do the Komodo trip this time, we did see amanikan. Its beautiful and we hope to do that trip next year. Its not big enough for us to do one of our big family trips (we would need a flotilla) but will be amazing if we get away on our own!

For anyone interested, theres a wine tasting special at Aman Summer palace Beijing in november with Californian wine producers : http://www.amanresorts.com/exclusive....aspx?id=10430
Old Aug 30, 2009, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

paul2, maybe 2 couples with kids in lower BR?

CA wine in beijing? with kobe beef? jeese they need AU shiraz/grange/etc.
Old Aug 31, 2009, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

http://www.luxurylink.com/luxury-hot...62&pkid=253379
amandari 3 nts valley suite and 3 activities (also mentions upgrade at checkin and breakfast as well)
$2250 buy now = $750 per nt (hotel rate = $950 per nt)

considering no other aman is discounted on luxurylink, this might be some kind of mistake. hope someone can make use of it.

http://www.amanresorts.com/amanpulo/accommodation.aspx
Private holiday villas located just a few metres from the sea are available for rent at Amanpulo. There are eight 4-bedroom Villas, two 2-bedroom Villas and one 1-bedroom Villa. Each features a private swimming pool, separate bedrooms, living and dining pavilions, outdoor lounge and a kitchen.

All villas include a private chef, butler, and a buggy for each bedroom.
1BR (from $1400) has pool, staff, buggy?
and where is the 1BR?

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Aug 31, 2009 at 8:11 pm
Old Sep 1, 2009, 6:18 pm

Heres a link to the latest amanexpress 'news' :
http://www.amanresorts.com/2009/aeissue9/aeissue9.html
Old Sep 11, 2009, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

http://www.anscor.com.ph/webmaster/amanpulo/villas.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.