Wiki Posts
Search

Ritz Carlton - Bali

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2004, 4:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF Platinum, Velocity Platinum
Ritz Carlton - Bali

I am considering a week at Ritz Carlton Bali. Can anybody relate their experience to me. It has been many years since I visited Bali and the last time I stayed in a villa at the Oberoi. I have many friends that rave about the Four Seasons, however, the Club level rooms at the Ritz Carlton seem very good value with their inclusions. I have also been told that their 'private beach' is a bit of a waste of time and that you are a little isolated at the RC compared to the Four Saesons or Intercontinental where you can walk to other restaurants etc. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old Jan 8, 2004, 4:56 pm
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
There are so many wonderful resorts in Bali that you should give them each a glance before jumping to any quick conclusions.

There are 2 Four Seasons - Jimbaran (beach) and Sayan (Ubud rice terraces), one Ritz Carlton (beach), 3 Amans - Amankila (beach), Amandari (Ubud rice terraces), and Amanusa (beach). There is also the Begawan Giri (Ubud) which lots of people on this forum rave about.

You should also consider how touristed of an area you want to be in. My husband and I found we were happiest away from the touristed areas.

Also, check out:
www.balitravelforum.com
www.baliforum.com
Old Jan 8, 2004, 9:06 pm

Programs: AA2, DL2, Amtrak2, US2, SPG1, MAR2

It really depends on what you are looking for. Based on the places I have personal experience at it would be either...

Resort hotel: Ritz Carlton
Quiet, secluded romance: FS

Others swear by the Amans, but I havent stayed at any of them on Bali.

The RC delivers everything a big resort should...it is simply world class in this regard. It has one of the best spas in the world (check out the map of the spa and its incredible aquatonic pool on the japanese website). It has great restauant choices, pools, entertainment etc. Although it is a 2 or 3 minute ride in a jeep and then a long walk down a cliff of stairs, the beach is beautiful. It is quiet, secluded, has incredible rock formations, and good service (including food and drink).

The Club's service was the best I experienced on the island. The food is more than ths usual Ritz Club. Breakfast includes either a pancake or omlette station and a full Japanese breakfast option (with great dumplings) plus all of the usual RC breakfast foods. There is always a chef served hot appetizer in the evenings as well.

The club conceriges never forget your name and go out of their way to assist with anything. The service stood out over the Four Seasons.

The RC's villas are a good choice too.

The FS Sayan's accomodations are remarkable and the architecture is stunning. Just lounging in your villa all day taking in room service for each and every meal...is there anything better?

The food itself is a step or two behind the RC and the service is inconsistent/arrogant, but it is hard to complain too much about this spot.

The bottom-line is that while the RC delivers a better overall product for the dollar, I feel that the FS is more in tune with what a Balinese experience should be. But you can't go wrong with either. Size up excatly what you want and go for it. There are plenty of options for every taste on Bali.
Old Jan 9, 2004, 8:29 am

Programs: DL DM, 1MM AA PLT 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, and...Smiles Diamante
In summary....some love it, and some think it's a package tourist laden letdown:

http://www.flyertalk.com/travel/fttr...ML/000020.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/travel/fttr...TML/000056.htm

http://www.flyertalk.com/travel/fttr...ML/000185.html

[This message has been edited by snorkmaster (edited Jan 09, 2004).]
Old Jan 13, 2004, 3:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF Platinum, Velocity Platinum
Thank you all for your imput - I appreciate your advice. I'll let you know how it all goes!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.