Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Carlyle in NYC

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2003, 10:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)
The Carlyle in NYC

Has anyone stayed at the Carlyle in NY before?

Old Mar 26, 2003, 10:59 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

I have stayed at the Carlyle many times. What, specifically, would you like to know?
Old Mar 27, 2003, 12:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)
There is currently a special for a "Standard Suite" at $525/night but no discounts for "Superior, Deluxe etc." and higher suites.

Are the standard suites undesirable? (I don't want to pay for a suite and get a view of an airshaft or alley etc.) or should I pay $900/night (rack rate) for a "Superior Suite" (which is 50 sq. ft. more?)

[This message has been edited by daniellam (edited 03-27-2003).]
Old Mar 27, 2003, 11:18 am

This is truly one of the best hotels in NYC. Management was recently taken over by Rosewood. The hotel has undergone a rehab and the restaurant will be rebranded. The whole lobby and most of the rooms have been re-done. I live in NYC but if I had to come as a visitor, this is one of the hotels I would stay.

------------------
speedbird001

[This message has been edited by speedbird001 (edited 03-28-2003).]
Old Mar 28, 2003, 5:06 pm

I just saw in the NYT that Jane Monheit (24 y o Jazz singer with a great voice)is currently playing in the Carlyle's Cabaret room supporting her new CD, check her out if you get a chance.
Old Apr 15, 2003, 7:26 pm

It is a great hotel
Old Apr 16, 2003, 4:21 am

Location: PPSP. Yeah, I'm the bartender at that fancy 5-Star that forgot you said no salt on your freakin' frozen margarita. Listen up people! NO FROZEN DRINKS!
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Leisuremiles:
I just saw in the NYT that Jane Monheit (24 y o Jazz singer with a great voice)is currently playing in the Carlyle's Cabaret room supporting her new CD, check her out if you get a chance.</font>
Ha, ha, well, not tonight she wasn't!

She was the "name" entertainment tonight for a big private party I worked in California!

BTW she DOES have a beautiful voice.
Old Apr 16, 2003, 8:26 pm
In Memoriam

Location: Grand Rapids, MI USA UA 1K, AA EXP 1MM, SQ PPS, BA GOLD, Hyatt D, Hertz Plat and AMEX Cent
Fantastic hotel in need of some new blood in management - Rosewood should be able to improve the flow without changing the reasons why many of us have been staying there for 20 years - a ENTIRE WORLD better than the FS New York.
Old Apr 17, 2003, 1:39 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by B Watson:
Rosewood should be able to improve the flow without changing the reasons why many of us have been staying there for 20 years -</font>
One would think that two years would be enough to "work their magic."

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Welcomed into the Rosewood family in April 2001, the peerless Carlyle hotel represents the company’s New York flagship property.</font>
http://www.rosewoodhotels.com/media_collection.cfm
Old Apr 17, 2003, 2:19 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Quote by BWatson:" a ENTIRE WORLD better than the FS New York. "
I also love the Carlyle but stayed at FS on 57th St twice in the last few months. As much as I love the Carlyle, the FS has those great big marble bathrooms and great closet space. Prefer the location of the Carlyle and it is a whole lot easier to get a taxi from there during peak travel times.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.