Banyan Tree Seychelles/Maldives/Bintan?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2002, 11:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 2021-22-23-24;Formerly a longtime UA Premier Exec; NW silver (legacy), Alaska Gold (way back)

I was looking for an interesting small beach resort/spa to which to take Mrs. Law Lord and came across the Banyan Tree chain. Please respond if you've stayed at the Banyan Tree in Seychelles, or Maldives, or Bintan. What was it like? Worth the price? Would you go back?
Old Jan 8, 2003, 12:00 pm

Programs: MP 1K to 2P - painful
My husband and I booked the Banyan Tree Bintan at the last minute for the millenium and then made our way to Bali where we stayed at Ibah in Ubud (I highly recommend this gorgeous small hotel). We picked the Banyan Tree because my brother LOVES their property in the Maldives. He loves it so much that he has been there three times. The Banyan Tree Bintan was very lovely and we had a gorgeous pavillion style room overlooking the water. The decor was lovely and the spa services were excellent however the property is really more a weekend place for people out of Singapore rather than an isolated resort experience. There are other hotes nearby and the beach wasn't much to write home about. I know however that my brother would strongly recommend their place in the Maldives and I would certainly visit Bintan again is I had a 2 day layover in Singapore.
Old Jan 8, 2003, 12:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 2021-22-23-24;Formerly a longtime UA Premier Exec; NW silver (legacy), Alaska Gold (way back)
anthro, thanks for the information, which I'm sharing with Mrs. Law Lord. I am in love with the Maldives Banyan Tree just from the website pictures, but halfway around the world is a long way to go just on the strength of the website, so I appreciate your posting your brother's experience there and yours at Bintan.
Old Jan 8, 2003, 8:35 pm

The problem with the BT Bintan is more the location than the hotel. Just not my paradise (vegetation-, scenery-, beachwise). And there is absolutely nothing to do outside the resort. It felt a lot like planted in the wrong place, somewhat surreal So heavily guarded and with security checkpoints even on the way to the resort that the Mrs. thought of it as an inside-out prison for us Europeans.

Also had quite some problems with jellyfish there (very nasty ones, the scar on the leg faded only half a year later). Again not blaming the hotel (the beachboy was very helpful and ran, to assit while the Mrs. was crying in the water). Just not our place.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.