Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Best luxury hotel in Singapore (newer thread, started 9/23)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best luxury hotel in Singapore (newer thread, started 9/23)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2023, 9:19 pm

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA
Looking forward to the reviews. The pictures certainly make it look more like an upscale hotel rather than luxury.
Old Dec 11, 2023, 1:03 pm

I'm hoping to get some advice on an upcoming stay. I will be staying 5 nights for vacation and doing the tourist thing. I realize they might not be true luxury hotels. but I'm deciding between the Ritz Carlton (King Marina Bay View) and Andaz (King Sea View or Suite King).

My highest priorities are modern hard product, location and views. My lowest priority is the soft product, I won't need concierge help or special services. I'm aware of the RC lack of Bonvoy benefits.

By reading other threads, it seems the RC is starting to be dated, but has the better views. The Andaz looks stylistically similar to the Andaz Tokyo, which is one of my favorite hotels. The locations of both of them seem good, with maybe a slight edge to the Andaz for MRT access.

I'm leaning towards the Andaz. A King Suite is priced well, so I would probably go for that. And it appears to be more up to date hotel.

Thanks for any advice offered!
Old Dec 12, 2023, 7:42 am

Originally Posted by PoorSailorsAirline
I'm hoping to get some advice on an upcoming stay. I will be staying 5 nights for vacation and doing the tourist thing. I realize they might not be true luxury hotels. but I'm deciding between the Ritz Carlton (King Marina Bay View) and Andaz (King Sea View or Suite King).

My highest priorities are modern hard product, location and views. My lowest priority is the soft product, I won't need concierge help or special services. I'm aware of the RC lack of Bonvoy benefits.

By reading other threads, it seems the RC is starting to be dated, but has the better views. The Andaz looks stylistically similar to the Andaz Tokyo, which is one of my favorite hotels. The locations of both of them seem good, with maybe a slight edge to the Andaz for MRT access.

I'm leaning towards the Andaz. A King Suite is priced well, so I would probably go for that. And it appears to be more up to date hotel.

Thanks for any advice offered!
RC Marina Bay rooms have great views but are otherwise unexceptional. Andaz used to have decent views but I believe a new building obstructed those views and hence the bay view rooms got renamed to sea views. RC is also connected either entirely or almost entirely sheltered to a few MRT lines via shopping malls but that may be difficult for tourists to navigate. From the RC to Promenade MRT it's going to be quicker and more pleasant to cut through Millenia Walk than follow the Google Map directions. The RC is also connected to the big loop connecting Raffles City (City Hall MRT) to Suntec (Promenade/Esplanade MRTs) in both ways as well as Funan/Capitol Mall from City Hall MRT. That being said arguably Bugis is a more interesting neighborhood than Marina Bay so the Andaz may have a small edge in terms of location.
Old Dec 12, 2023, 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by quant88
RC Marina Bay rooms have great views but are otherwise unexceptional. Andaz used to have decent views but I believe a new building obstructed those views and hence the bay view rooms got renamed to sea views. RC is also connected either entirely or almost entirely sheltered to a few MRT lines via shopping malls but that may be difficult for tourists to navigate. From the RC to Promenade MRT it's going to be quicker and more pleasant to cut through Millenia Walk than follow the Google Map directions. The RC is also connected to the big loop connecting Raffles City (City Hall MRT) to Suntec (Promenade/Esplanade MRTs) in both ways as well as Funan/Capitol Mall from City Hall MRT. That being said arguably Bugis is a more interesting neighborhood than Marina Bay so the Andaz may have a small edge in terms of location.
Thank you for the thoughts and response!
Old Dec 13, 2023, 1:20 am

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
I would stay away from the RC. Very tired property.

Andaz is not exactly a luxury property, but solid enough in its own context.
PoorSailorsAirline likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2023, 4:08 am
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Will wait for The Edition TR by San Diego1k
The ground level public areas were pleasant enough

Still in opening , early , phase

Lobby , with staircase leading to the ballroom and other function rooms

Leading to the bar and restaurant to the left and various banks of elevators / lifts , boutique and such to the right .. FS & the Edition Residences in view through the glass roof just beyond

The lobby bar lounge with pool table just out of range , there were two using it

Close enough to Orchard Road
Old Dec 13, 2023, 2:45 pm
Community Director Emerita

We spent one night at the Edition and really enjoyed it. A friend is a hotel designer, planned to join us, and wanted to see the hotel. I had low expectations but for one night, why not. I liked it and I would happily stay here again. @FlyerEC has shown the public areas which I found very inviting. They are very inviting and great places to sit and visit or have a beverage while reading a book. We had a 3 course lunch in their seafood restaurant FYSH. It was excellent. We had an extremely comfortable suite. One note of caution: you'd best like white and a very minimalist vibe. I do so it was great for me. Everything is white in the room other than a few art accents of black. Even the orchid is white. The only art on the wall is black and white. I can't imagine how they will keep it pristine but that is their challenge. I liked it a lot.
obscure2k and Earthman like this.
Old Dec 31, 2023, 6:16 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, TSA Pre✓, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
I am spending 2 nights in Singapore in February. It's my first visit to the country so would prefer something central, near major sites, and near transportation. Also value a good pool, and a vegan/vegetarian friendly breakfast. Looking at pricing, probably gonna be the Conrad, Four Seasons, St Regis or Capitol Kempinski. Does anyone have advice on choosing between the 4?
Old Jan 1, 2024, 5:04 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Accor Diamond, BA Gold, QR Plat
Originally Posted by BA_Jfan
I am spending 2 nights in Singapore in February. It's my first visit to the country so would prefer something central, near major sites, and near transportation. Also value a good pool, and a vegan/vegetarian friendly breakfast. Looking at pricing, probably gonna be the Conrad, Four Seasons, St Regis or Capitol Kempinski. Does anyone have advice on choosing between the 4?
I found the St. Regis very dated and the service was poor/impersonal. Definitely not a luxury hotel - it felt more like a Sheraton or Westin.

I do not have any experience with the other 3 hotels, I just wanted to warn you about the STR!
Old Jan 1, 2024, 5:08 am

None of them are luxury.

Try Fullerton Bay
Old Jan 1, 2024, 7:53 am

Programs: UA Global Services, TSA Pre✓, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum

Originally Posted by Michaeljinnyc
None of them are luxury.

Try Fullerton Bay
Thanks. Will look into that. Reviews of FS and Ck seem decent though.

Consensus seems to be that the Raffles is just not worth the price. Is the right?
Old Jan 1, 2024, 9:25 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
What sites do you want to see while in SG? That may be the best way to decide - pick something close(er) to where you want to be?

I can’t comment much on vegan food, but the FS has a pool house restaurant that is marketed as more of a “clean” restaurant. I’ve never dined there though.
Old Jan 1, 2024, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by United747
What sites do you want to see while in SG? That may be the best way to decide - pick something close(er) to where you want to be?

I can’t comment much on vegan food, but the FS has a pool house restaurant that is marketed as more of a “clean” restaurant. I’ve never dined there though.
It's a first trip, so all the cliche ones. The various gardens, maybe the zoo, the Raffles, National Museum, Marina Bay etc.
United747 likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2024, 10:19 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
It's a first trip, so all the cliche ones. The various gardens, maybe the zoo, the Raffles, National Museum, Marina Bay etc.
Then I’d probably look around the Marina Bay Area - MO, Ritz, Conrad?, Fullerton Bay, etc.

FS is near Orchard Rd, which is about 15-20 minutes away on the Bus/MRT
Old Jan 1, 2024, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by United747
Then I’d probably look around the Marina Bay Area - MO, Ritz, Conrad?, Fullerton Bay, etc.

FS is near Orchard Rd, which is about 15-20 minutes away on the Bus/MRT
Conrad reviews seem pretty mixed, leaning bad. Lots of reports of hard product falling apart and weird smells.

The Kempinski is near the Bay and reviews overall seem decent so thinking bout that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.