Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Best luxury hotel in Singapore (newer thread, started 9/23)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best luxury hotel in Singapore (newer thread, started 9/23)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2024, 11:22 pm

Originally Posted by Kilian Zoll
One of the weakest in the FS portfolio. As expected.
I actually adore their lobby, it has a nice comfy 90s vibe.

I went on tripadvisor to check its pre-reno ancient pics and found out I preferred that 🤣
Old Apr 26, 2024, 5:48 am

Care to elaborate on the "as expected" part? I'll be in Singapore later this year so figured I'd do some research.
Old Apr 26, 2024, 6:21 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
I just had my sixth stay at FS and it was good. I can’t recall if there’s a separate thread on it or not, but the hotel does get busy at certain times of the year and you will notice it in service times.

I continue to return back because I like the rooms, location, pool, and gym. Plus, Gabe and his team at the bar are fantastic.
Michaeljinnyc likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2024, 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by Michaeljinnyc
Mandarin Oriental post-reno is still not a luxury hotel and based on reviews online isn't doing great... can anyone enlighten me?
Was attending an event at the hotel and stayed a night here (Marina Bay View room) a few days ago. Other than the room being a bit small (was in Marina Bay view room) for a luxury hotel (probably due to old build), I had a perfectly fine stay. Flight out was at 1:45 AM. Booked through a TA and was given 4 PM checkout and could use the lounge until 11 PM. Everyone in the lounge was great.
kosy91 likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2024, 5:02 am

4K Room Walkthrough Marina Bay Sands in Singapore

On a recent visit I had chance to stay at Marina Bay Sands. The grounds and property are hype worthy. The pool in the sky … very cool. The room (3523) a bit dated though.

Last edited by RichardInSF; Apr 28, 2024 at 1:24 pm Reason: Blog spam removed, long video on Singapore with only a little on hotel
Old Apr 28, 2024, 8:40 am

Programs: Virtuoso, Four Seasons Preferred Partner, Rosewood Elite
FS Singapore 2024

Originally Posted by Michaeljinnyc
How is the Four Seasons nowadays? I didn't used to like it but with so many other subpar properties, this one looks nice and comfy.

Mandarin Oriental post-reno is still not a luxury hotel and based on reviews online isn't doing great... can anyone enlighten me?
I stayed at FS in Singapore in March. While I had no problems with the decor, the soft product was lacking. Service felt transactional except for the breakfast and pool and even that didn’t live up to normal four season’s expectations. Inconsistent service through out the property. I think it was high occupancy though so that might have caused some of the service issues. We had also just stayed at FS otemachi a few months prior and that might have set our expectations a bit too high.

I got recommended the Fullerton by others as an alternative to MO and didn’t get an opportunity to check it out. I visited the Artyzen which was new and very close to FS and it was stunning.

I’m a huge FS fan so it was a bit disappointing to experience a letdown in service.
Old Apr 28, 2024, 10:27 am

Programs: UA Global Services, TSA Pre✓, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
This thread was super helpful to me when choosing a hotel for my trip earlier this year. I ended up at the Kempinski which I thoroughly enjoyed and would strongly recommend. My advisor also offers the standard perks & happy to share his details.
Old Apr 28, 2024, 11:25 am

Programs: AC SE 2MM, too many others
Agreed - it isn't just the hard product that is lacklustre either. Avoid.

Capella remains a strong choice, despite the location.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.