Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Which hotel in Bangkok (new thread, started 9/23)?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 22, 2023, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Print Wikipost

Which hotel in Bangkok (new thread, started 9/23)?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2024, 5:41 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by bigdog2
Very insightful. I appreciate the value expectation. Looking at rates for the Sukhothai I can tell why it's 2nd on the list!
It has been even better value on Hyatt points - I guess we'll have to see how much it works out in Hilton points soon.
Old Feb 17, 2024, 2:53 am

Programs: Some
Nice to see the Sukhothai getting some love, I've been banging the drum for the Club Wing for a while. It has an exceptional gym and the best pool area in Bangkok. Celadon is very good and La Scala is much better than you'd expect, too. Breakfast is the only glaring weakness to me - the Club breakfast is limited but at least has a small but high quality made-to-order menu, the main buffet is disappointing quality and does not reach anywhere near luxury level.
FlyerEC and Michaeljinnyc like this.
Old Feb 17, 2024, 4:45 am

Programs: QFF, AA, LM, EY
Hi guys

Has anyone stayed in one of the rosewood "houses" ? What's the feedback like ? I'm particularly interested in the two bedder.

Also open to hearing about comparable two bedroom options at other hotels with a similar setup (private pool etc).

PH penthouse looks very impressive, but just a single bedroom it seems ?

Cheers
Old Mar 21, 2024, 9:40 am

Programs: FB Gold, IB Plus Plata
Sorry in advance if this a bit off topic... I have two upcoming stays at MO Bangkok in August and I like to try two restaurants and I have a hard time making up my mind. What would be the best option for riverside dining between Ciao Terrazza, Riverside Terrace and The Verandah? (I've ruled out Terrace Rim Naam who seems a bit boring but maybe I'm wrong?)
And between Lord Jim's and China House?

Thanks guys and sorry again
scented and cornwall4000 like this.
Old Mar 21, 2024, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by Satie
Sorry in advance if this a bit off topic... I have two upcoming stays at MO Bangkok in August and I like to try two restaurants and I have a hard time making up my mind. What would be the best option for riverside dining between Ciao Terrazza, Riverside Terrace and The Verandah? (I've ruled out Terrace Rim Naam who seems a bit boring but maybe I'm wrong?)

Not one, but two stays! Oh my my .. exciting!

Not so keen either on Terrace Rim Naam but I love The Verendah... great views from the terrace, decent food and right and in the midst of it all. I am not so much into buffets, so Riverside Terrace is not my thing. Le Normandie is still amazing, although apparently the Michelin guide believes otherwise and took one of the stars away... but it remains formal. Sala Rim Naam has reopened a while ago but is rather "touristy" or for first timers.

The best kept secret of the BKK dining scene right now is the new "Chao Phraya Terrace" at Four Seasons. You will not be able to read about it anywhere, as it is not even on the FS website. It is open to outside guests, but not marketed as they want to have it as an option for their own guests at this time. The food is a visionary take on 100% locally sourced ingredients and embraces the art of charcoal fire technique grilling. They brought in one of the brightest young Thai chefs and his cuisine will blow you away. Sadly the service is not on the same level as the food... Takes some more time. While I remain sceptical about FS Bangkok, this restaurant is brilliant.
Old Mar 21, 2024, 11:27 am

Programs: FB Gold, IB Plus Plata
Originally Posted by scented
Not one, but two stays! Oh my my .. exciting!

Not so keen either on Terrace Rim Naam but I love The Verendah... great views from the terrace, decent food and right and in the midst of it all. I am not so much into buffets, so Riverside Terrace is not my thing. Le Normandie is still amazing, although apparently the Michelin guide believes otherwise and took one of the stars away... but it remains formal. Sala Rim Naam has reopened a while ago but is rather "touristy" or for first timers.

The best kept secret of the BKK dining scene right now is the new "Chao Phraya Terrace" at Four Seasons. You will not be able to read about it anywhere, as it is not even on the FS website. It is open to outside guests, but not marketed as they want to have it as an option for their own guests at this time. The food is a visionary take on 100% locally sourced ingredients and embraces the art of charcoal fire technique grilling. They brought in one of the brightest young Thai chefs and his cuisine will blow you away. Sadly the service is not on the same level as the food... Takes some more time. While I remain sceptical about FS Bangkok, this restaurant is brilliant.
Wow! thank you scented for all these knowledgeable tips! I’m French and not much into French cuisine when travelling abroad but I do know that Le Normandie is iconic. I may have a try.

very interesting to hear about a "secret" restaurant at the FS, I will try to book as it sounds like a special place.
FlyerEC, scented, bigdog2 and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 21, 2024, 2:06 pm

Programs: all of 'em.
Wow! thank you scented for all these knowledgeable tips!.
Scented is nothing short of amazing. 100% firsthand knowledge, 0% hearsay snark.
Bali is still the only Far East/Pac Island destination we've managed to travel to, but Thailand ranks at the top of our hit-list. (Vietnam too.)
It's actually at the top of the list for our 25th ann coming up in 3 years.
Probably Phuket or somewhere a bit farther flung than Bangkok, but have subscribed to this thread and will be watching with great interest.
Determined to finally stay overnight at an Aman if we choose this (general) area of the world.
Old Mar 24, 2024, 7:13 pm

You may want to contact the hotel and ask about seasonal closures. When I was there last August many were closed, including Ciao and China House. I had an amazing meal at the newish Baan Phraya. It isn't riverside, but you have drinks and some little bites on the veranda of the building it is located in.
scented and United747 like this.
Old Mar 30, 2024, 7:20 am

Capella has massively upped their in-room floral arrangements game since I was last here.

😯

Old Mar 30, 2024, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
Capella has massively upped their in-room floral arrangements game since I was last here.

😯

That's an impressive amount of Pellegrino too.
Old Apr 13, 2024, 3:52 am

Originally Posted by scented
Unfortunately I tried to go earlier this month but got caught out by the fact they stopped serving food at 9pm. Better luck next time!

I did try Baan Phraya at the MO which was excellent. The other diners were a bit, erm, odd though :P
Old Yesterday, 1:51 pm

Hi - I will be staying in BKK for 4 nights in mid-October (stopover from Japan) and I am looking for hotel recommendations near by BTS/metro stations. I have been a couple of times in BKK but the last time was 10 years ago. My hotel statuses are mostly via Amex and are not spectacular (Bonvoy Gold Elite, Hilton Gold, GHA Platinum...) hence I am struggling a bit even after reading many pages in this thread.
A family member stayed last year in the The Sukhothai and loved it. I am looking mostly for smaller or boutique hotels if possible (but rather a soft criteria).
Any recommendations?
Thank you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.