Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Which hotel in Bangkok (new thread, started 9/23)?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 22, 2023, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2023, 7:29 pm
Original Poster

Is Rosewood BKK better or PH BKK better?
Old Sep 21, 2023, 9:57 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Which hotel in Bangkok (new thread, started 9/23)

The old thread was long, so I am starting a new one.

The old thread is here:

Which Hotel in Bangkok? (Consolidated thread, started 2016)
obscure2k likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2023, 10:39 pm

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
Four Local Hotels Make 50 World's Best List

https://www.bangkokpost.com/life/social-and-lifestyle/2651170

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/world-50-best-hotels-2023-103227867.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall
luxefarer and NickatTheSiam like this.
Old Sep 22, 2023, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Travel455
Is Rosewood BKK better or PH BKK better?
PH has really stepped up their game in the past year but a lot of it is going to depend on any elite status levels and booking methods. Rosewood suites or "Houses" are nicer than any PH suite and their F&B outlets too. PH has a better pool and breakfast.

Last edited by Aventine; Sep 22, 2023 at 9:28 am
Old Sep 23, 2023, 9:34 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, TSA Pre✓, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
Help me choose between PH, Rosewood & Kempinki! I have a slight bias to PH because of points but the Rosewood and Kempinski look great and the 3 are in the same price range.
Old Sep 24, 2023, 8:40 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by BA_Jfan
Help me choose between PH, Rosewood & Kempinki! I have a slight bias to PH because of points but the Rosewood and Kempinski look great and the 3 are in the same price range.
Do you mean Sindhorn Kempinski? Also what is the price difference / which categories of rooms are you looking at as it’s difficult to say without this.

I’ve stayed at all three in the last twelve months - PH had the best service, pool and breakfast, Rosewood has the best hard product in the rooms, Sindhorn Kempinski has the most generous room size and best general ambience. There isn’t a clear ‘best’ so it depends on what you value and cost.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2023, 11:23 am

Programs: UA Global Services, TSA Pre✓, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum

Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
Do you mean Sindhorn Kempinski? Also what is the price difference / which categories of rooms are you looking at as it’s difficult to say without this.

I’ve stayed at all three in the last twelve months - PH had the best service, pool and breakfast, Rosewood has the best hard product in the rooms, Sindhorn Kempinski has the most generous room size and best general ambience. There isn’t a clear ‘best’ so it depends on what you value and cost.
The Siam Kempinski. PH is $280, Kempinski $315, Rosewood $330. Looking at basic king bed room.

Primarily value location since it's my first visit to Bangkok and I want to run around & tour a lot. Also a good pool to cool off & relax from said running around. I am looking for vegan/vegetarian friendly breakfast, which it seems none of them excel at.
Old Sep 24, 2023, 11:30 am

Programs: Some
The Siam Kempinski. PH is $280, Kempinski $315, Rosewood $330. Looking at basic king bed room.

Primarily value location since it's my first visit to Bangkok and I want to run around & tour a lot. Also a good pool to cool off & relax from said running around. I am looking for vegan/vegetarian friendly breakfast, which it seems none of them excel at.
I’d order PH > Rosewood > Siam Kempinski there, but not a super clear choice. Probably not best placed on vegan choices but I found PH best of those three as someone that is largely pescatarian.
EuropeanPete and Dave510 like this.
Old Sep 24, 2023, 7:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Rosewood's pool is pretty awful. Small number of loungers and shaded for a lot of the day. Siam Kempinski's pool is expansive/full of loungers and PH is a rooftop-esque infinity pool. You definitely need to be in contact with the hotel F&B staff for vegan/vegetarian friendly dishes.

Last edited by Aventine; Sep 24, 2023 at 9:02 pm
Old Sep 27, 2023, 6:10 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Park Hyatt for sure - love that Thai food market in the malls basement
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2023, 8:56 am

If value & location is important, I would chose Rosewood of the 3 mentioned.
Reason the ease of access to the BTS which is virtually attached to the hotel & a short walk compared to either PH & SK.
Arguably the more intimate hotel, Rosewood seem to be furnished better, quality wise too. PH in my 2 stays seems awkward in terms of planning esp the restaurants and public spaces. SK is just too “busy” for me.
Old Sep 28, 2023, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bearbrick
If value & location is important, I would chose Rosewood of the 3 mentioned.
Reason the ease of access to the BTS which is virtually attached to the hotel & a short walk compared to either PH & SK.
Arguably the more intimate hotel, Rosewood seem to be furnished better, quality wise too. PH in my 2 stays seems awkward in terms of planning esp the restaurants and public spaces. SK is just too “busy” for me.
Rosewood seems to be lacking consistency and coherency since they reopened from their long closure. It should be one ultra luxury level at least above PH but isn't.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2023, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by Aventine
Rosewood seems to be lacking consistency and coherency since they reopened from their long closure. It should be one ultra luxury level at least above PH but isn't.
presumably you mean service and I do agree they can & should do a lot better all round. But not for lack of trying fortunately. But product and location wise I do prefer it to the other 2 mentioned. I did have some issues with mechanical noise but that was resolved. The PH I find so awkward design wise it’s off putting.
Old Sep 30, 2023, 6:33 pm

Programs: Virtuoso, AMAN, FS PP, RW Elite, MO Fanclub, RC STARS, Belmond Bellini, Peninsula PC, Hyatt Privé
Originally Posted by Aventine
PH has really stepped up their game in the past year but a lot of it is going to depend on any elite status levels and booking methods. Rosewood suites or "Houses" are nicer than any PH suite and their F&B outlets too. PH has a better pool and breakfast.
A hard one. Agree on Suites with RW and better breakfast w PH. Also booking methods i.e. booking Rosewood Elite with an elite advisor often has many perks as does Hyatt Prive with a Prive advisor, which may enhance stays tremendously, so it really depends. But certainly two solid properties.
Old Oct 1, 2023, 5:13 am

My thoughts are pretty similar to comments above. PH has better breakfast than Rosewood/Kempinski. Design wise both Siam/Sindohorn Kempinski are the least attractive.

Outside of those choices, I think FS Chao Praya is the best overall BKK hotel now. The Siam is quite special as well. I don’t get the appeal of MO BKK, I find it too stuffy. I am not crazy about Capella either.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.