Wiki Posts
Search

Thermal Spa Resorts

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2023, 6:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: No program whatsoever
Thermal Spa Resorts

Just came back from an outstanding stay at ADLER THERMAE resort in Tuscany.

I went with low expectations and was very impressed, have already booked a second stay in November.

What are some luxury options for hot spring / thermal SPA resorts in Europe or (ideally) UK? I can't seem to find much, at least at luxury tier.
Old Aug 30, 2023, 12:12 pm

On the other side of the valley it would be Fonteverde, with an almost more beautiful view than the Adler, but a worse overall package. The Bagni di Pisa are very interesting and historic, but have only a small water area. In Montegrotto Terme, the Esplanade Tergesteo is highly recommended. The dining is comparably good to the Adler and the biggest advantage is the proximity to Padua as well as many other culturally outstanding sights. The hotels and facilities in Bormio are also interesting and in Switzerland, of course, Bad Ragaz.
Old Aug 31, 2023, 6:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
I stayed at Bagni di Pisa in 2014 and wasn't too impressed. Will stay at Esplanade Montegrotto Terme in October and report back.
Old Sep 8, 2023, 8:10 pm

If you're looking for UK, then head to Bath. The city is beautiful and the old Roman bath house is amazing.

Others I can think of are Brenner's Park (Oetker) in Baden-Baden (another UNESCO city), Mezzatorre in Ischia, Resort at Blue Lagoon in Iceland, Dunton Hot springs, Castle Hot springs.

There are tons of others throughout central and eastern Europe.
Old Sep 10, 2023, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by pstm91
Brenner's Park (Oetker) in Baden-Baden
While it has its charms, it is not exactly a bathing paradise.
Old Feb 4, 2024, 3:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Esplanade Tergesto Montegrotto Terme

I stayed at the Esplanade Tergesto in Montegrotto Terme in October 2023. When you arrive at the hotel, you're shocked to see what an ugly box it is. Inside it gets better, they've made an effort with the furnishings.
The hotel is something of a German colony, all the staff speak German.
We stayed in the top suite category, which was generally ok. There was a whirlpool on the terrace, which was a problem. It couldn't be switched off and was incredibly loud. It really sucks when it's in front of the bedroom.
The breakfast was ok, as was the dinner, although the dinner was slightly better than the breakfast.
What was really great was the pool area. If you're looking for it, you'll find it here.
Here are the details:
Outside
Lobby
Suite
Pools
Breakfast
Dinner I
Dinner II
Dinner III
Dinner IV
In my opinion, the hotel is not one that belongs in this forum. It is a good termal hotel, but nothing more.
EuropeanPete likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.