Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Florence and Milan

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2023, 5:59 am
formerly vienna-resident
Marriott Contributor Badge

Re: Portrait Firenze, I think it depends which category you book. The entry-level categories go out the back, towards the delivery entrance and garbage dumps of other hotels. There is noise until late at night, and then it starts again with the first garbage truck at 5.00 in the morning emptying the containers.

The better categories facing the river are perfectly fine.
Old Jun 1, 2023, 10:38 am

Programs: United
Hello all,

Can any of you offer a recommendation for a comfortable hotel for a one-night stay in Florence close to the main train station?

I am grateful for any responses.

Thanks kindly,
Henry
Old Jun 2, 2023, 5:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by hankschu
Hello all,

Can any of you offer a recommendation for a comfortable hotel for a one-night stay in Florence close to the main train station?

I am grateful for any responses.

Thanks kindly,
Henry
Do you looking for something comfortable or luxury? If it's luxury the favorites in this thread should do as they are not so far away from the station but also not next door.
Old Today, 5:05 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by richarddd
Originally Posted by david22
Hey richarddd, back in 2021 you posted a thread where you said, "Florence: Portrait Firenze looks good and gets great reviews. We like the location a lot. Our only concern is street noise interfering with sleep.... The last time we were in Florence we stayed in the Rocco Forte Savoy, which was good other than unacceptable noise at night." I see your post about Savoy here.

Sounds like you didn't have a problem with noise at Portrait?
We did not have any problems with noise. We'd definitely go back to the Portrait and are planning on staying at its sister property in Rome later this year. One caveat is that it doesn't have a doorman. The location is ideal for us - short walk to the Uffizi and a lovely view of the Arno.
To close the loop on this:

In Florence, I ended up choosing Palazzo Portinari Salviati (thanks for livefromtuscany). I posted a review thread in the forums here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.