Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sanctuary at Kiawah?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2021, 7:57 am
Original Poster

Sanctuary at Kiawah?

Any experience with this hotel? Room recommendations? Or better to rent a cottage (any favorite rentals?) Traveling with two teenagers who like golf, tennis, biking. Never been to Kiawah.
Thank you!
Old Feb 27, 2021, 8:33 am

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP,STARS, PEN Club,Bellini , Dorchester Diamond, Rosewood Elite, Rocco Knight,Prive,etc.
Originally Posted by Candashaw
Any experience with this hotel? Room recommendations? Or better to rent a cottage (any favorite rentals?) Traveling with two teenagers who like golf, tennis, biking. Never been to Kiawah.
Thank you!

I stayed there last October and also did a site inspection throughout the resort.
Kiawah feels a little like Hilton Head but more island feel than "city" feel if you can refer to Hilton Head as a city.
You will love the golf there The 2021 PGA championship will be played in May on the Ocean course.
It also has an extensive tennis center.
Bikes are a must as I would liken the area as one big planned community.

re: Hotel
As far as a regular room type suggestion , I suggest Premier Ocean front. I always request for my clients top floor corner so that you get both the ocean front and coastal balcony areas. The Ocean view has a perfectly lovely coastal view and always a good idea to ask your agent to reach out to their contact for the preferred location as this room type can vary. I'm not a fan of the Dunes view as the balcony with the view of the sea is wonderful to enjoy a morning coffee or afternoon cocktail leisurely.
The hotel location is of course the most convenient to all and rooms are in tip top shape.
re: Cottages
If you are trying to book for this year , you could find this a real challenge.
There is a big wide ranging difference in quality level as all are privately held. You really need to work with someone onsite to qualify the quality of the unit.
I've coordinated zoom type inspections for my clients that serve to be very helpful.

The food experience can be a little hit or miss. Just not a fan of the food at Jasmine porch.
Availability this year is going to real tight as travelers are still focusing on domestic destinations & I suspect when the PGA is televised , it's going to kick off new interest as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.