Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEW — 15% discount in the UK through 12JAN, 2021

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2020, 11:47 am
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
NEW — 15% discount in the UK through 12JAN, 2021

The UK has decreased the VAT from 20% to 5% for many items, including hotel rooms, hot food, and non-alcoholic drinks ... for businesses that choose to pass the discount along.

I learned this just now from a Maybourne Hotels webinar (Connaught, Claridge's, The Berkeley), so obviously they will be passing along the 15% discount. So when traveling to London, ask your TA to check whether your hotel of choice will be using the discount to benefit guests.

Addendum: FS Park Lane, FS Ten Trinity Square, FS Hampshire, and MO Hyde Park have also confirmed they will pass the 15% discount to their guests.
obscure2k and EuropeanPete like this.

Last edited by DavidO; Jul 16, 2020 at 9:43 am
Old Jul 17, 2020, 7:39 am

Pedant's corner: reducing VAT by 15 percentage points reduces the final price by 12.5%.

Have read that Marriott and Accor have said they will pass on the cut for future bookings. My Starbucks coffee this morning and Nando's chicken wings last night (don't judge) were also reduced!
FlyerEC likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2020, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
It's not always easy to proof at hotels with dynamic room rates.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.