French Riviera: Alternatives to FS Cap Ferrat in March

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2020, 3:09 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM
Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
Properties that are still closed:
Le Mas de Pierre: Closed for renovation, will reopen under a new name
Mas de Pierre's sister hotel is opening up this weekend near Antibes, halfway between Cannes and Nice. When I say opening, I don't mean opening after a seasonal closure, I mean opening up as a brand new (or refurbished?) property. It looks like they have an outdoor heated pool.

La Bastide de Biot | Un cocon de douceur au coeur de la Côte d'Azur
Old Feb 27, 2020, 3:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Thanks! But that hotel looks very... small?
We’re inclined to stay one night at the Château de la Chèvre d’Or and one night at the FS Cap Ferrat.
I’m just a bit unsure about the Chateau because the rooms look quite dated in some photos...
Old Feb 28, 2020, 7:42 am

Thanks! But that hotel looks very... small?
We’re inclined to stay one night at the Château de la Chèvre d’Or and one night at the FS Cap Ferrat.
I’m just a bit unsure about the Chateau because the rooms look quite dated in some photos...
You are right - the rooms are dated at Chèvre d'Or, as with many small hotels in this region. Invariably, compromises have to be made.
offerendum likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2020, 8:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
The Royal Riviera looks a lot more modern for example, and it’s cheaper. But then again, it’s supposedly not as nice...
Old Feb 28, 2020, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
The Royal Riviera looks a lot more modern for example, and it’s cheaper. But then again, it’s supposedly not as nice...
Someone must be really an enthusiast of visiting different hotels (if FS-rate isn´t the problem) to combine FS with Royal Riviera. Both hotels are very near by. At Chevre they have at least unique views and an interesting restaurant.
vuittonsofstyle likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2020, 10:20 am
Original Poster

Yeah, we’re going with the goat castle + FS. I like to see different hotels and with the F&B/spa credit, it’s a no-brainer. It’s just a weekend trip, so we’ll have very little baggage and moving won’t be a problem.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.