Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aman-like ‘Pavillion’ or Similar Accommodations in Europe

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2020, 9:20 am
Original Poster

Aman-like ‘Pavillion’ or Similar Accommodations in Europe

Looking at a European trip in summer 2020 and wondering if anyone has thoughts/recommendations for ‘Aman-like’ accommodations available in Europe? We’ve done Sveti Stefan and Amanzoe the last two summers (and loved both) and like the idea of trying somewhere new. Will be traveling with three year old toddler and 6 month old son, and have found the Aman ‘Pavillion’ or similar type room SO convenient. I think the ideal characteristics we are looking for are: (1) private accommodation (where our kids won’t bother others) that is big enough to accommodate all of us in the same room - Amanzoe was perfect in that regard (2) outdoor space (even if small) that is private where kids can run around (plunge pool is ideal); (3) access to resort like amenities (ideally a beach) and (4) good place for outdoor but in room dining, and ability to have good breakfast/dinners there via room service (we find this approach to dining on vacation so much easier than taking kids to restaurant).

Any non-Aman places fit this bill? We’ve thought about doing Amanjena (but really hot in August) or Amanruya (kind of hard to get to, seems like might not be the best kid friendly resort) but those have some drawbacks so wondering if anyone had thoughts on similar type accommodations in European hotels.

Thanks!
Old Feb 13, 2020, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Cap Rocat comes near but not kid-friendly. I would say Porto Zante Villas are an option.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 11:36 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Your actual service level experience may not meet the Aman like expectation but a few quick ideas

Rosewood Castiglion del Bosco (admittedly only villas will come with pools)
Terre Blanche
Chateau St Martin (no private pool to my knowledge)
Borgo Eganzia
Finca Cortesin
Old Feb 13, 2020, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by ABG
Finca Cortesin
It´s not really pavillion style but an interesting architecture.
FS Athens has pavillions, but wouldn´t stay at them.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 3:09 pm
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
I’m not sure how flexible you are when you say “summer”, but we were at Amanjena in early June and it wasn’t too terribly hot. We probably got better rates, too.
BESVISOR likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 5:23 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM
Would these villas work? This property has kids club facilities for children as young as 4 months old:

https://www.anassa.com/en-gb/villas
Old Feb 14, 2020, 9:11 am

La Réserve Ramatuelle (near St Tropez) has that pared-back design look of an Aman pavilion and it's a really great hotel in every respect.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 10:28 pm
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
+1 on Amanjena in June was a pretty decent time to visit. Weather and rates were both great for us
Pierre&Cédric likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 5:42 am

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
Villa La Coste
Old Feb 15, 2020, 9:18 am
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
Originally Posted by BESVISOR
+1 on Amanjena in June was a pretty decent time to visit. Weather and rates were both great for us
And such beautiful pool pavilions!
livefromtuscany and BESVISOR like this.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 8:43 pm
Original Poster

Thank you all for the replies!
Old Feb 16, 2020, 8:07 am
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Originally Posted by Ericka
And such beautiful pool pavilions!
Agreed!!

And we had the Maison Jardin so it was just fabulous outdoor settings. The two bedrooms also meant that I was not afraid to get into trouble with my wife as I had my own bedroom if needed and no fear of sleeping on the sofa
Pierre&Cédric and LinLant like this.
Old Feb 16, 2020, 1:04 pm

I tried Finca Cortesin and Cap Rocat, both were nice but nothing competes with Amanjena. Rates are pretty decent (they still run a pay 3 get 4 special offer) and weather in May-June is perfect. My favorite accommodation is Maison Jardin #42 for its larger pool.
vuittonsofstyle likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.