Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

AMANs going forward or .. 10 different ones this 2019. ?

Old Sep 27, 19, 3:28 am
Original Poster
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..

It is always , it has been so far this year , a relief to return to a previously visited AMAN & thankfully new ones this year .

Posting this from lovely Lupaia , AMANjunkies / livefromtuscany ‘ s boutique hotel / inn . Tuscany. , of course .
As a reminder that my Puri TR has not been on yet . As with Zoe & AmanCGV ..
Will do so when zone changes stop for 2 weeks - perhaps less jet lagged end of next week

After Zoe , the minute showers in Grande Bretagne & Seabourn Odyssey - top suites were rather let down . It was joy to get to Venice .. to the usual comfortably sized AMAN bathrooms and with decent toilet paper

Thankfully , our AMANjunkie friends at Lupaia have design flair and taste , great to be here too

How does one amend the title ? It is 10 AMANs & not 8 !!

Last edited by FlyerEC; Sep 27, 19 at 4:58 am Reason: iPad typos and add information
Old Sep 27, 19, 4:26 am

Christopher mixing the negroni's quite heavy these days ?
Old Sep 27, 19, 4:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Epicura View Post
No time to try kept him ( them both & whole team actually ) busy otherwise ..

White truffle hunting , arranged by Christopher , was a great success though
Old Sep 27, 19, 10:21 am
formerly vienna-resident
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Epicura View Post
Indeed, we’re doing 3 different Negronis now: the Classic with Tuscan gin/vermouth, a Vintage one, aged in a VinSanto barrel, and an Orange one, bottle-aged with Orange zest.

Can’t decide which one I prefer
Old Sep 27, 19, 10:25 am
formerly vienna-resident
Marriott Contributor Badge

[QUOTE=FlyerEC;31569007]
Posting this from lovely Lupaia , AMANjunkies / livefromtuscany ‘ s boutique hotel / inn . Tuscany. , of course .

Thankfully , our AMANjunkie friends at Lupaia have design flair and taste , great to be here too
/QUOTE]

Thanks for the compliments, it was a pleasure having you stay with us! Glad you enjoyed the truffles you found
Old Sep 27, 19, 12:18 pm
Original Poster

AMANs going forward or are they ?

Most of us AMANjunkies understand AZ and appreciate his vision . Like the likes of livefromtuscany

Many AMANs have started to use rather generic items including plastic !!

This includes Asian ones like “ flagship “ Puri . All had unique ceramics in each of their properties ‘ s bathrooms & we could also always know which AMAN we are / were staying in .

Miss each property ‘ s unique stylised fonts too . Took what was of left of ‘ bags ‘ , .. with the original fonts from
like Dari , Jiwo , Kila , Nusa , Puri ..
It was quite a shock initially to see the bland new ones . A sinking feeling / foreboding what is currently happening . Some might say the dross has set in .

Thankfully , both ZOE & CGV - now common ‘ Venice ‘ ( like in many new AMANs like Kyoto which had more interesting ‘ identities ‘ ) , use ceramics .
Venice has bamboo straws .
We prefer AMAN Canal Grande Venice and what happened to Amaniwa ?

Seems like identity crisis & more here - lack of vision or somewhat wandering a bit more in the wilderness perhaps ?

While AMANs we have stayed in so far this year are still identifiable as AMANs , it feels that she is in danger of losing her soul faster than AMANjunkies would like .
So many long serving AMAN GMs & others have left this year - the drain continues & they are not those who are due for “ retirement “ .
They are ones who understand AMANs ethos .

As some have posted , it is just not the same . Intangible ..

AMAN stays for the year till this post , I think :
Added my TRs done next to individual AMANs listed here for ease of comparison / reference .

Galla
Wella
Amanwella February 2019 - finally !!

Kila
Amankila - Great First Foray into Aman
Inaugurating the Kila Infinity Pool Suite ! #58

Aman Villas at Nusa Dua
Aman Villas at Nusa Dua

Puri
https://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revi...-birthday-2751

Zoe

CGV

Then for October & November , return stays for Tokyo & Nemu . A first for Kyoto , braving it as usually give a year buffer , after all only opening in November . Thanks Kage ( Kagehitokiri ) for the timely prompt to stay in AMANKyoto , November .

AmanTokyo
Japan TR: Aman Tokyo - Amanemu - St. Regis Osaka Post 14
AmanTokyo in autumn

Nemu

AmanKyoto
vuittonsofstyle likes this.

Last edited by FlyerEC; Oct 20, 19 at 7:38 pm Reason: Add information ; iPad typos
Old Sep 27, 19, 8:01 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

re: lost personal touches like ceramic cups

I think that's the point. VD is trying to get rid of the "old vestiges" and make Aman totally generic or cost cutting by individual properties? Bamboo straws rock compared to paper ones. Metal ones would match the city properties a little more.

I miss the old style luggage tags with the unique fonts from each property. My black Jiwo ones are pretty worn out now and I won't put on the new ones.
FlyerEC and vuittonsofstyle like this.

Last edited by Aventine; Sep 27, 19 at 8:12 pm
Old Sep 30, 19, 5:52 pm

Programs: Quintissentially (Elite), Amex Cent, UA* Lifetime Plat (2mm+), AA CK (6mm+)
Bottom line, Aman isn't what it used to be under AZ.

Their newer builds aren't as spectacular. The city properties are fine, but they're akin to any other 4S or Ritz.

The rarity of their air is decreasing.
Old Oct 3, 19, 4:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BenjaminNicholas View Post
Bottom line, Aman isn't what it used to be under AZ.

Their newer builds aren't as spectacular. The city properties are fine, but they're akin to any other 4S or Ritz.

The rarity of their air is decreasing.
Exactly .

Focus just isn’ t there from those likely private jetting around AMANs to review ROI . Somewhat schizophrenic .

If one is doing or tending towards more “ Wellness “ approach , then really go for it like Chiva Som ( or even Trisara ) with ( like own ) farm to table meals for a start & not use plastic .
Then am not sure if really organic products .. no more with Sodashi ‘ s and using plastic in Puri

After Puri in August , with the cold / unwelcoming Wellness Centre receptionist , it only discouraged me from even considering checking it ( the Wellness part ) out further . This is just on other side of same building as where the Spa reception is , such a contrast . Spa warm & welcoming , as usual .
It was bad enough that the Wellness Centre menu in the pavilion is thick with small print which brought me to the Wellness area to enquire ..

Thankfully , the Spa & Wellness Centre in ZOE is truly AMAN ..
and the Therapists we had were visiting from Sara .

David M , the Group Wellness Immersion Director for Aman , was on site . Good that he was ensuring whatever the Wellness integration is was coming along . Had come across him previously checking on developments - Puri a year ago when the facilities were being built as well as Tokyo .
Now did I mention to him that he should go by Puri again ..

Then the small Spa at AmanCGV had this incredible aromatic oil used for our session . Didn’t wash the “ outfit “ till end of this trip just to have the aroma permeate through . No did not use the outfit again after our session - Pity they did not have a lounger time slot .

Looking forward to see how Nemu is coming along , spa included , as we have enjoyed our previous stays there even with changes in the team .
vuittonsofstyle likes this.

Last edited by FlyerEC; Oct 3, 19 at 1:28 pm
Old Oct 4, 19, 9:28 am
Original Poster

Before posting the HR or is it TR for Puri ( update ) , ZOE & AmanCGV for easier viewing , have added the links for those done for Galla / Wella , Kila and AMAN Villas at Nusa Dua in post 6 .

Of note , as a teaser from the early AMAN , Amanpuri , days when no ‘ media ‘ was encouraged - so no TVs in the pavilions , think perhaps one in the “ library “ / meeting room if necessary , we now have this .. !

These TVs should have been installed in all pavilions by now ..

The reviews will be added rather intermittently - jet lagging , you will be noticing below

Last edited by FlyerEC; Oct 9, 19 at 2:08 am Reason: Correcting iPad typos yet again .. plus jetlagging so takes awhile to spot
Old Oct 4, 19, 9:40 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by FlyerEC View Post
Before posting the HR or is it TR for Puri ( update ) , ZOE & AmanCGV for easier viewing , have added the links for those done for Galla / Wella , Kila and AMAN Villas at Nusa Dua in post 6 .

Of note , as a teaser from the early AMAN , Amanpuri , days when no ‘ media ‘ was encouraged - so no TVs in the pavilions , think perhaps one in the “ library “ / meeting room if necessary , we now have this .. !

These TVs should have been installed in all pavilions by now ..
I never understood this "no-tv" policy. If I don´t wonna watch TV (in fact I often don´t even switch a TV on) I can simply ignore it. Not to have one is paternalism. Also mostly I watch German Pay-TV (i.e. Soccer) via my iPad these days.....
Old Oct 4, 19, 7:38 pm
Original Poster

Amanpuri - the trail blazer 3 decades on !

Amanpuri

Map| 4 Reviews | 50% Recommended

Amanpuri

Aman Resorts Pansea Beach Phuket, TH 83000

Amanpuri - the trail blazer 3 decades on ! (34 Photos)

Amanpuri

Preamble

This not so young lady is now onto her latest of her many refreshers , remember those days with no email or “ i “ s .. , not referring to the annual closures for necessary maintenance work in this monsoons ridden region .

Puri seems to be in the throes of trying to transform herself into a Wellness Retreat , perhaps good for some , and also into a more family friendly “ home “ .

Most of the major construction has been completed but ..

Check In

As routine , depending on our luggage and number of us , we request a MPV instead of the BMW 7 LD for transfers .

Think we were greeted by Franck C ( HM ) , Maddie J ( GRM ) & others with GM being on vacation and Preeya P , FoM away too .

Our usual pool pavilion ( s ) was / were not available as the updates were delayed & still very much in progress . We were told prior to arrival so not surprised but got to try one of the ones with the new infinity pools .

Check in in room was smooth as normal that I did not realise we were done . More concerned about the change in double doors to the bath / dressing area to a big single to accommodate that new TV .. shown above post

The pool

5BB89746-35E3-4783-BBD4-C816079AF504.jpe

Room

The rooms of the pavilions are more or less the same , varying perhaps in the artworks / sculptures .. 

With the updates , the bath area double sliding doors is now only one large one . Which means it has to be closed if watching TV and enjoying seeing the basket of orchids .

Part of the luggage area also has been reconfigured .

8EA4740F-D619-435D-AF30-5D966AB5B6AB.jpe0AFD1884-3DAF-4C0A-9F98-4ACD81331DFC.jpe26259BB1-4E5E-481D-B6D5-7DDD4AA949D0.jpe

New light switches & placement , need to get used to them !

Be warned .. place your finger near one of the buttons by chance & it will be pitch darkness !

Our welcome home fruits with more ready to eat in the minibar :)

Note the iPad , it controls about everything from lights , AC , TV .. will have to figure out on the next day - actually next stay .. all the best to those who are jet lagged and are not tech savvy ..

3F34B25E-BC4F-43B6-A1CE-5F305F7849CE.jpe

New Nespresso machine and Teapot !! 

1316EC07-930D-4DC1-963B-5AB5E52A4A7A.jpe96A7C267-12F3-496C-913C-BA26B35A3EB8.jpeF3A88618-4829-492A-8537-9DDCE8D23946.jpe

Minor variation in the daily cookies ;)

A8934C61-43C2-4C74-86B0-27FE0E7A37D3.jpe

Dining

We had breakfasts in the Thai  & dinners in the Italian - now Arva .

And again , we did not make it downstairs - under the Italian ..

The Nama pop up was at the bar again this year , the usual venue on the beach being closed during the monsoon season .

Thoroughly enjoyed our meals , repeating our favourites annually too , off menu included .

Beach Terrace - former Beach Club

Had not realised that the Beach Club was renamed Beach Terrace / Pool Terrace and drew quite a number of blank looks from new staff when I asked about the Beach Club . Went to recce and it was deserted with a ‘ closed ‘ sign . Then on chatting with more senior staff I realised the change - another quite unnecessary one . 

It was very good of Franck to open it up for me to hang out as ’ twas a bit billowy on the beach itself .

9A0B55B6-93A9-43FA-8666-12E951BCE048.jpe49D53A9E-31BB-47BF-9986-987133F26D20.jpe

Served fresh coconut juice / water ; had a few coconuts on behalf of some AMANjunkie  ;)

F3AC1CA0-AE81-49BF-ABE4-1FCACF99AAC6.jpe

Beach

It is always lovely to be on the Puri beach , dare I say in about all weather conditions .. less time on this stay as busy recceing as well as the monsoon ..

Some changes like the new bar area , with cabanas being added . Thought rather close quarters though .

The mandatory umbrellas ;)

8BE6CB3D-0E47-4575-9E3D-775594ECDFE0.jpe

13A2E9BA-84C7-4A8C-AE7F-512AFE045CF6.jpe

Beach crew demonstrating a balance activity .. possibly part of the Wellness trend

A8710752-753C-430C-8AB9-0E697CD18976.jpe

Sand being blown into the kids paddling pool , shot taken just before the efficient Beach team cleared it !

2BBF290A-0ADC-4880-971E-0959B2D724FF.jpe

The cabanas and bar

615A3B60-F984-4016-9B1E-FE079C185570.jpe

Eco-beach Centre & Hot Spot

As mentioned , with AMANjunkies becoming grandparents , AMAN has figured they need some distraction for the younger ones .

The Eco-Beach Centre and Hot Spot is now open for educational fun activities .

Seems like 2 entrances , either when approaching the beach by Nama or by the Pool / Beach Terrace .

BC2C869E-0A48-480C-A96A-A0DCD0F21CDF.jpe1E998697-03C4-4EAA-8972-1E7F815E5BC8.jpe94F589DA-2B47-437E-85F8-4F4C4F72516D.jpe7C1A44D4-FBF0-458D-BF30-7E46F1A0E106.jpeC0BEED31-8187-4A1B-9416-783826A651B9.jpe

Hot Spot

F141CC9B-16D2-415B-B17E-BB0E40A0BA8F.jpeE108B6EF-D1ED-461A-BCBC-B85F78018615.jpeC81462FB-88A3-4A61-8BC5-04F8038B187C.jpe

Entry by Pool / Beach Terrace

C708897B-03A1-468E-A572-8E772B8826B7.jpe

Spa and Wellness Centre

As AMAN forges on with her wellness trend , one of the first Spa and Wellness Centre is befittingly open in the first AMAN .

Both the receptions are in the same building which is the extended and refurbished building which housed the former Spa reception and beauty salon .

As you face the building now , the spacious Spa portion is on your left & Wellness to your right .

More treatment rooms for the spa .

Spa reception area

BD766AD7-20F8-43F2-9FB5-C3B760138745.jpe

A room for weight / etcetera checks on the Wellness side

20602B43-14DE-4773-A8BC-9C97444D4ED4.jpe

A wall displaying the AMAN Spa range

E470FD73-D242-43DA-9F1A-E3FDF0567C64.jpe

All the Wellness team is obviously new , but so are the spa therapists but thankfully , very good . More importantly , the ones we had fit in “ AMAN “ .

We did not use the Wellness side as they were very much finding their footing in August . Although a few guests did participate in the Wellness programmes when we were staying .

From what was said , the current medical doctor on site is fitting in .

Service

The “ new “ team members from last year and this year are coming along  - so closer to stellar except a few instances ..

Well , the location has not changed obviously . Prime , comments from 2018 TR still stand :)

With the developments down the road , Puri being on her private headland is thankfully spared from the potential crowds & remains aman .

WIP - for the better ?

Now that The Spa & Wellness Centre are ready and expansion appreciated , the focus is completing a new building for the boutique . The larger new one will be ‘ perpendicular ‘ to where the present one is .

Think this maybe the first time that nothing was purchased by moi .. Looking forward to bringing back some craftsman & designers along with charity items 

Odds & ends

Where should one begin ?

Since last year ‘ s stay , there is a new GM Nicolas B who was away on vacation . New to AMAN so hopefully he knows by now that AMAN is not cookie cutter corporate !

Others new to Puri include capable HM Franck C who came from AmanYY and understands what an AMAN is like . His presence was reassuring .

The fairly new F & B Director , Davide left soon after our stay last year .

The new F & B Manager who was present during our stay has since resigned ! As with the new F & B Director ..

Thankfully , the chefs remain .

We also enjoyed interacting with the newer team including Maddie J .

What can I say but Ed TUTTLE likely would have designed the new pool pavilions differently - that the design and positioning of the pools would have been different . Consideration of the monsoon & Puri herself , would have been thought through with sensitivity . IMO .

Then this .. if you look at the end of the pool

47A0DF7C-4878-46F5-8CFE-413431307CE1.jpe

Some smart Alec changed AND rearranged the furniture by the bar & pool .. This clearly spoils the clean lines Ed TUTTLE and AZ sought to achieve  - effectively blocking the seamless flow from pool to horizon . Also spoils it all when relaxing or swimming in the pool - the stunning view is lost . Lounger legs instead ? :( Hope the decision makers come to their senses and switch back to toriginal ASAP .

ECAA5848-C7E6-4019-819B-E61054011A70.jpe3FC1A699-5647-4C6A-8B06-5251994EE0DE.jpe

Thankfully , “ tea “ is still beautifully presented and served , though the senior staff have since retired .

AF517E5F-FE13-4B35-8646-DBA760B3926A.jpeDB01B93E-1D82-4A91-8FB6-C08622CED5B4.jpe

Overall

Am glad we had to amend our stay from May to August . We enjoyed and saw the enhancements - perhaps some were not as much but there is hope no matter how faint for improvements .

Always sad to leave an AMAN but seems more so for Puri , perhaps being my first AMAN 30 years ago .. seeing all the changes / developments / extensions . The gallery used to be under the bar ! 

So all good still if any like to stay at an AMAN , Puri is fine for a start .

Amanpuri - the trail blazer 3 decades on !

Would you like to write a review on the Amanpuri?

No, thank you.
Yes
scented, Ericka and offerendum like this.
Old Oct 6, 19, 2:18 am
Original Poster

When we considered our primarily Adriatic cruise we thought of staying at 3 AMANs in the region . However , when we decided on our Seabourn Odyssey cruise , and started checking flights and routings , it became clear that only 2 AMANs was best to anchor pre and post cruise . The ‘“reservations systems link “ the current ? management has installed .. a disservice to AmanSS or rather is a huge / key deterrent along with inflexible junior staff who seem to be manning it ( all AMANs who require seniors to do “ recovery “ - like for all 10 this year ) .
Complete absence of the personal aspects of what AMAN is supposed to uphold .

AmanSS was in the works since former GM Ken B ‘ s tenure - meaning a long time . We got even more excited when Jane & Tapa T moved from Pulo . But it is still not to be and they have all moved on from AMAN

May start on ZOE TR before Puri ‘ s is done .. deciding which photos to post for them - otherwise might just overwhelm system ! Hope you enjoy the “ ramblings “ while jet lagging ..
Then the Japan AMANs stays are from next week / mid October !! AMANs TRs crunch ..

Last edited by FlyerEC; Oct 6, 19 at 7:08 pm
Old Oct 6, 19, 4:28 am
Original Poster

AmanZoe - finally - our first stay :)

Amanzoe

Map| 6 Reviews | 83% Recommended

Amanzoe

Kranidi Argolida, Greece GR 21300

AmanZoe - finally - our first stay - September ‘ 19 :) (48 Photos)

Amanzoe

Preamble

We were thrilled when we found that we could finally slot AmanZoe in our itinerary & schedule . Also to have Paul L move from Puri to be GM there . To top it all , Guillermo V had moved from AMANs Sri Lanka in April to cover as interim HM & was still there during our stay . He was instrumental in sorting our reservation issues . Paul was travelling a fair bit .

There was a buyout just before we arrived so it made our stay “ iffy “ for awhile . We could not adjust our September dates after as literally we would miss the boat !

All sorted sooner than later when AMAN veterans who are with it are at the helm .

More pre arrival , flights and transfer

We flew from SEA - FRA - ATH . Just to get on the B747 again ;) - not good interior/ layout on LH though .

What was worse was our luggage did not arrive in ATH along with others on the same flights , but a guy ‘ s dog made it ! 

More on the luggage later .

Thankfully , having reserved the ZOE BMW SUV , all was ok . We chose the SUV due to the number of luggage which turned out to be unnecessary .. but who was to know .. The chauffeur was accommodating steady likely feeling sympathetic about our situation and the ride smooth . 

Arrival !

We were so relieved to arrive at ZOE !

Welcomed by Paul , Guillermo & the team at the impressive “ lobby “ .

Despite having not slept , and with the luggage issue , it was just wonderful to see the expanse around - the property & views .

Will have to return during lavender season .

A21A995E-8764-42E4-A7EB-F8FE5E3DEF70.jpe

Entry “ lobby “

4DE7AD02-2AE0-4194-8B54-40619A593799.jpe

And beyond to this !

504D6124-42AB-444F-96DD-183A534F7D88.jpe

E1E7778A-973C-43F6-96CF-D825B4B8A923.jpe

Looking back towards the lobby

67496978-61E4-4A07-85F6-3C5B4B210C79.jpe

After being shown some areas around this part , like the boutique , library , bar , .. we hung around here to enjoy the beauty around and marvel the architecture for a bit before being shown the rest of the property and eventually our suite .

Check In

As usual , it was done swiftly in our pavilion . We were shown around our generous indoor and outdoor spaces .

It felt rather strange with no luggage being set up for us & the His & Hers luggage areas looked so bare with just our hand carry .. ;)

Room

After we get to our pavilion & open the door , we enter an outside area before getting to the residential pavilion door :)

On entering our pavilion , this is what we notice first - bowl of huge peaches , Nespresso machine and the sunken bath tub further in .

The soaring ceiling  !!

072E4597-02B5-4C46-8D33-3A55D849F578.jpe

91A8B4C6-6B9A-4CB1-98B1-CEDB5F116CE3.jpe

The living area

98D2E3DA-CA94-42E0-AD11-A0046008E0E5.jpe

With the “ bedroom “ next to it where the ceiling is much lower .

3B8FFA68-5946-4469-A35D-5A827DB7FA87.jpe

Looking out to the outdoor covered terrace and pool 

9C2831B1-9074-4BC2-9CD6-22B6EA890376.jpe

Lovely during the night too .

BB068843-ED65-4525-8DF9-F6879F00E079.jpe42C5EBEB-80F6-4C5D-9227-001ABCC52244.jpe

Pool view at dusk

DEFEE2DF-F842-42A3-859A-203B07A7FB51.jpe

Bathroom

The bathroom is almost perfect sans the sunken area where the shower room with double rainbow showers are and the bath tub . Waiting for an accident to happen . The His & Her areas are separate on the room level with the sunken area in between . So if yours in on the further side , remember you need to go down & up again even to reach your own WC .. please be careful ! Rather impractical design even though getting into the tub is somewhat " easier " .

Soaring skylight in the shower area .

E5B62A77-9BB8-476D-85A7-BA44E1C2C03E.jpe

94604200-62EB-4B0A-964C-B2AC62AB945E.jpe

Shower on left with the tub opposite 

27F7DFBC-150D-4AC4-B6B3-36A5DD7852B3.jpe

71D7CBF2-B8C2-4DE6-A980-53E9BE855E6F.jpe

4EC1EA94-5CA5-459D-90C1-AB6CEC78161A.jpe

Steps down & up

072ACBC5-77D9-4B7A-A9F0-07E3BED97392.jpe25387FF4-CD22-4997-9B2A-CB0F822DF2A7.jpe

Views from the bathtub and shower

B9CB85F5-D846-4D8B-B779-AB15DC5F4D46.jpe

Dining

Our meals were superb .

( trying to post photos as a reminder to ask ZOE but having problems with photos now )

Children ‘ s pool ? on one side of Nama ..

92DFA8A2-DC36-412C-8245-B0A2072176EB.jpe

A couple of the various outdoor and view options at breakfast . Unlike others , we preferred to sit inside 

775A9DD5-FA98-4CAB-8FC3-2AE04656E941.jpe

C9E8C2C0-48D7-462B-9E4B-375F2361A2BE.jpe

We are not sure if complimentary tea accorded at many AMANs is served here but I mentioned that I would like ours served in room & .. true to AMAN style this was what materialised - voila ! ;)

AC6F85D5-B8E7-40A1-9C7A-CDE2866396DE.jpe

The dining area by the main pool - Nama .

10F2CEB3-0844-45A6-8630-CDA388728B60.jpe

We ate at 2 of the 3 possible main venues - not at the Beach Club .

During our stay , we were pleasantly surprised to have this :) , tried and enjoyed some dishes tremendously 

A96556D6-13CC-4CD8-904B-F557E546CE5E.jpe

Boutique

This is one AMAN boutique / Gallery which has a wide interesting range on display . Well curated so one could be in danger of possibly buying everything ;) !! Like the sculpture you see below . Then there is the painted espadrilles by the owner !

There is refreshing fruit / herb infused water offered to guests near the entrance .

F2A6DF11-BE16-46CD-AB5C-0A737897C881.jpe

Fine craftsmen / designers 

69175D15-4145-457C-94FD-9BF07160ED80.jpe

Library

The intention was to spend some time in this amazing library but it was not to be ..

363A2ABC-3803-4A5C-BFBA-4BBFB772680F.jpe

Spa

The spa reception area was comfortable , serene and spacious , more so than at Puri . There was an area / shop for gym / spa clothing items , etc 

Some organic ..

Quite a large spa as you can gather from the spa walkway below .

Was so jet lagged then that I might have deleted the other photos I took :(

and just like now - deleted what I posted !! Reposted ..

Look at the number of columns - signature of ZOE !

EB535E59-1311-45A1-AC5C-F21C7A84DD4A.jpe

We definitely needed the massages and the therapists from Sara for the season did the necessary to soothe our achy bodies ..

Beach Club

If one was complaining about the distance to other AMANs Beach Clubs ,  ZOE ‘ s must take the cake . Nusa ‘ s is nothing in comparison . It is a 10 / 15 minutes more or less downhill scenic ride by Zoe ‘ s vehicle to the rather elongated spread out Club .

You will pass the helipad along the way . 

Since our luggage did not arrive with us , Beach Club plans were scuppered but we did get down for a short while when the swimwear eventually showed up .

It was rather pebbly by the waters edge ..

7FA04B6B-C379-4CE2-9EE4-6228C9DDF398.jpe

Note the rows of olive trees

1C5CABBC-7D4D-4EC4-B2F9-28978C01B1C5.jpe96F6989B-5F35-41DA-BFC2-FB50F73065C1.jpe6C590B75-EDEA-4211-8EDB-91F3F20A1BBF.jpe

Boardwalk towards the 4 cabanas

CCCB63D2-4270-4B16-A793-FF1A57A60D70.jpe

The cabanas 

E2ED70E2-8C17-4151-9A2B-3DC9EA946814.jpe

8A750704-AEFC-41F8-924D-57FB8A120F69.jpe

Sunset ! Enjoying it ..

80012166-B47A-4437-B699-4E2064A26A52.jpeB38A01A0-A286-444E-ACC4-0EE0DCA52375.jpe12285897-CF8F-4A5F-ACEA-A0333B0634A4.jpe8A70C899-96EC-4772-9A73-1E88CB73B222.jpeD2BC7E2B-C2E2-41B4-AD91-1DD7390CE861.jpe

We stayed till after closing soaking in dusk , the vista & sea breezes . The staff were very friendly & helpful .

The Beach Club has a boutique too which we did not get to visit .. or savour the bar / restaurant offers .

Main pool

After swimming in the Beach Club pools , I just had to swim in the main and see the sunset from there too .

At meal times , Nama diners also enjoy the same as it is just by the pool ..

787638A7-1ECA-4348-AACD-3D37429F5472.jpeF614659D-1395-4C66-A960-0979EA159C85.jpe

F6E52C85-F285-402D-8E57-E20450676C43.jpe94439145-46FC-4238-8587-A9280FAAE814.jpe46F32E3F-9A91-4C5A-9CDF-E7517595BFC3.jpe

Service

Quite remarkable ! 

Doubt it was because we knew Paul & Guillermo but perhaps as AMANjunkies ;)

Now , about the aforementioned no show luggage . While we did have a change of clothes , we did not have our nightclothes :(

ZOE to the rescue , think before we knew it while we were exploring after a nap , or was it after a scrumptious primarily seafood dinner , that we not only found a set of AMAN exercise wear each ( similar to black ones we bought years ago at N’oi ) but “ necessities “ . These included 2 huge bottles , not travel size ones one usually finds in hotels , of Listerine with different flavours ! Had not realised it came in “ citrus “ .. Hope the size was not implying anything ;)

Also mentioned the way that we consume peaches is peeled , pitted and sliced . So we find a huge plate of it in the “ fridge “ soon after , daily or fresh plate when consumed !

We also had them as part of my personal “ care “ package on our onward journey :)

But this attention to detail quite floored me when it should not have . AMAN after all - still “ alive “ in ZOE :)

Seems like a good one as it allows for commanding and spectacular views of the surroundings even though it a 15 minutes ride away by car from the beach / sea .

Odds & ends

Am thankful that they provided hats for women in the rooms , wish it was made in Greece though . None for the men ..

Had lovely Panama hats with hand painted works , etcetera for sale in the boutique . The owner had her beautiful hand painted espadrilles too .

Zoe is rather spread out so if not using the buggy , a very good workout can be had especially if hiking to the Beach Club & back - not recommended . Do use the bicycles or like ourselves , be driven .

Though there is an excellent gym if you choose to cloister yourself indinstead of enjoying the great outdoors  . 

Overall

Well ,  livefromtuscany , almost echoes what I had in my draft for this section in post 402 AmanZoe (Greece)

Revising it so relates " better " to comments in other ZOE thread .

AmanZoe - finally - our first stay - September ‘ 19 :)

Would you like to write a review on the Amanzoe?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Oct 8, 19, 12:47 am

While I am still on FT hiatus for private reasons, couldn't help but make a point to read & adore the pictures and report!

Search this Thread