Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Brush Creek Ranch (Wyoming) to offer Skiing!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2019, 3:45 pm
Original Poster

Brush Creek will be opening a new area for down hill skiing this winter. Twenty five minutes away from Brush Creek Ranch guests will be able to ski at Green Mountain. The vertical is 1100ft. Access will be limited to 30 skiers or snow boarders at a time. Guest will take sno-cats the last four miles and they will also be used to take the guests to the top of the runs. All levels of skiing will be available.

Looks like another way to extend Brush Creek Ranch’s winter offerings.
Old Nov 12, 2019, 5:36 pm

Just dug into this a little bit more, having not previously known about the property. It looks cozy but doesn't scream ski destination to me. If I wanted luxury and skiing in the area (Wyoming/Colorado/Utah), this would not be my choice nor the choice of most skiiers.

You get better skiing and ample luxury if you head 250 miles south to Aspen (3200 vertical ft, 76 runs, St. Regis Aspen/The Little Nell) or 330 miles northwest to Jackson, WY and Jackson Hole (4100 vertical ft, 116 runs, FS Jackson Hole/Amangani).

Maybe it is just me, but I can't see the appeal of Brush Creek Ranch as a destination for skiing.
Old Nov 12, 2019, 7:32 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by MicSanToro
Just dug into this a little bit more, having not previously known about the property. It looks cozy but doesn't scream ski destination to me. If I wanted luxury and skiing in the area (Wyoming/Colorado/Utah), this would not be my choice nor the choice of most skiiers.

You get better skiing and ample luxury if you head 250 miles south to Aspen (3200 vertical ft, 76 runs, St. Regis Aspen/The Little Nell) or 330 miles northwest to Jackson, WY and Jackson Hole (4100 vertical ft, 116 runs, FS Jackson Hole/Amangani).

Maybe it is just me, but I can't see the appeal of Brush Creek Ranch as a destination for skiing.
I don't think they are marketing it as a ski destination.. just another activity option..

FDW
MicSanToro likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 7:20 am
Original Poster

It is definitely not a ski destination. Just furthering activities. However I believe they will probably charge extra for this as it is not “on property”, Originally the Ranch had been open during more weeks in the winter but lack of occupancy caused them to close. With more activities I believe they hope this will change. Based on the elevation I am not sure that serious skiers would come here, I do think the lack of other skiers would make some people very happy. I think that they may be trying to get that ‘Yellowstone Club” vibe without having to buy property.
Old Nov 15, 2019, 12:57 pm
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
For non ski in/out resorts, I'm liking The Lodge at Blue Sky just a bit west of Bruch Creek as well
https://aubergeresorts.com/bluesky/experiences/

Don't have feedback just yet (some clients going in Feb) but enjoyed working with their team and gotten some good perks. Very accommodating, which is always a promising sign in my book.
LinLant likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.