Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Renovated Rocco Forte Hotel Savoy (Florence, Italy)

Old May 20, 19, 4:03 pm
Original Poster

Any views regarding the Rocco Forte Hotel Savoy in Florence since it was renovated about a year ago? The location looks ideal. Quiet and hard product are particularly important.
Old May 20, 19, 6:26 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
I had a very nice stay there a few months ago. I booked an Executive Suite and was allocated a triple upgrade to the Grand View Suite. The Suite felt brand new and was well insulated from street noise. Service was warm and gracious. The location is as central as it gets. I would be happy to return.
CappuccinoAddict likes this.
Old May 21, 19, 3:02 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Agree about location, itīs perfect in my eyes. Canīt say anything about the hotel itself.
Old May 21, 19, 4:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Svevo View Post
I had a very nice stay there a few months ago. I booked an Executive Suite and was allocated a triple upgrade to the Grand View Suite. The Suite felt brand new and was well insulated from street noise. Service was warm and gracious. The location is as central as it gets. I would be happy to return.
Do you know why you were upgraded? Book direct and hotel not crowded, travel agent, FHR, other?
Old May 21, 19, 8:05 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
I booked directly with the hotel. I was there during a relatively busy time of the year, so I suppose the upgrade was due to the hotel being full and not the opposite.
Old May 22, 19, 6:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Svevo View Post
I booked directly with the hotel. I was there during a relatively busy time of the year, so I suppose the upgrade was due to the hotel being full and not the opposite.
FWIW, when you wrote "I had a very nice stay there a few months ago" I thought you were there in February, when Florence is usually not crowded.

The executive suite would be my first choice too.
Old May 24, 19, 9:51 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by richarddd View Post
FWIW, when you wrote "I had a very nice stay there a few months ago" I thought you were there in February, when Florence is usually not crowded.

The executive suite would be my first choice too.
The Rocco Forte group recently enhanced their own program called Knights to offer 170EUR credit vs the normal 85EUR with Virtuoso and FHR on *suites*. Min stay of 2 nights.
Old May 24, 19, 10:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ABG View Post
The Rocco Forte group recently enhanced their own program called Knights to offer 170EUR credit vs the normal 85EUR with Virtuoso and FHR on *suites*. Min stay of 2 nights.
Does Knights require a travel agent belonging to the program?

The dates I was looking at, booking direct offered about a 20% discount compared to Virtuoso pricing (and included free breakfast).
Old May 24, 19, 11:04 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Does Knights require a travel agent belonging to the program?

The dates I was looking at, booking direct offered about a 20% discount compared to Virtuoso pricing (and included free breakfast).
Yes.... Virtuoso & Knights are applicable on all Rocco Forte offers except the prepaid non-refundable type rates. At least that is my experience with all their promotions.
Old May 24, 19, 11:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ABG View Post
Yes.... Virtuoso & Knights are applicable on all Rocco Forte offers except the prepaid non-refundable type rates. At least that is my experience with all their promotions.
FWIW, an executive suite was 920E direct and $1,283 Virtuoso for mid-November, both refundable until two days prior and both including breakfast.
Old May 24, 19, 11:51 am
ABG

FWIW, an executive suite was 920E direct and $1,283 Virtuoso for mid-November, both refundable until two days prior and both including breakfast.
Then I suggest you follow-up with whomever offered you that rate quote as it would be wrong in my opinion.
offerendum likes this.

Search this Thread