Mixed booking with Virtuoso or FHR and Direct booking

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2019, 2:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: IC Dia RA / Marriott LT Plat / WOH Globalist / Hilton Diamond / OZ Diamond Plus

I'm a Globalist with Hyatt and need to stay for 2 or 3 nights. Is it okay to mix virtuoso booking with ADV rates?
First night with Virtuoso and make separate booking on Hyatt for second and third night with ADV rates.
What do you think? Is it too embarrass or common?
If it's a not good behavior, I will just book for ADV because the rate difference is above $100 after two nights.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 6:47 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Too complicated. Just go with a prive rate and get an upgrade at booking.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 9:03 am
Community Director Emerita

I've done similar. You might need to be prepared to move after the first night. i think that Globalist entitles you to a suite, whereas Virtuoso entitles you to a one level upgrade. I would write in advance and let the hotel know that you have the two separate bookings and ask if you can remain in the same room.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I've done similar. You might need to be prepared to move after the first night. i think that Globalist entitles you to a suite, whereas Virtuoso entitles you to a one level upgrade. I would write in advance and let the hotel know that you have the two separate bookings and ask if you can remain in the same room.
This. Better hotels will let you stay in the same room or suite.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 9:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: IC Dia RA / Marriott LT Plat / WOH Globalist / Hilton Diamond / OZ Diamond Plus
All Globalist benefits are honored when we book with Virtuoso, FHR, or Prive rate. So it wouldn't be a problem. Book through these rates gives you $100 + Globalist benefits so it's meaningless from second night.
I'm just thinking about embarrassment.

Last edited by scienm; Aug 4, 2019 at 10:05 am
Old Aug 4, 2019, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Why not 2 separate bookings with Virtuoso? Did it in the past as I wanted to be flexible to cut nights. Worked without problems.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 4:33 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by offerendum
Why not 2 separate bookings with Virtuoso? Did it in the past as I wanted to be flexible to cut nights. Worked without problems.
I would expect whatever special is given with a Virtuoso booking, such as a free massage or a $100 food credit, to be given only once for the duration of the stay even if each day is booked separately.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
I would expect whatever special is given with a Virtuoso booking, such as a free massage or a $100 food credit, to be given only once for the duration of the stay even if each day is booked separately.
Iīm sure thatīs the case. Thought OP didnīt know so far if 2 or 3 nights. If optimizing benefits is the reason it wonīt work with 2 Virtuoso bookings. But at least SPG benefits were granted additional to Virtuoso benefits. So drinks and credit..... But OP will book one night with the 100 $ credit on a higher rate and 2 nights without Virtuoso benefits on a lower. Canīt see why it shoudnīt work.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.