Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Luxury Camping near Marrakech

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2019, 1:51 pm
Original Poster

Luxury Camping near Marrakech

Looking into a quick trip to Marrakech next spring. Aside from a few days at Amanjena, we're also interested in a luxury camping experience for a night or two. There seem to be a lot of options at different distances from Marrakech. For example, Erg Chigaga is highly rated but a 9hr drive, so I wonder if it's worth the trek. Does anyone have any experiences/recommendations? Thanks in advance!
Old Jun 12, 2019, 12:09 pm
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
OK, I have NO IDEA how far away this would be from Marrakech, but I can’t imagine there are many luxury tented camps in Morocco. Here’s our older trip report from Dar Ahlam and their tented camp.
Trip Report: Dar Ahlam & Amanjena (Morocco)
Old Jun 12, 2019, 12:39 pm
Original Poster

Thank you! Dar Ahlam looks very interesting esp the sand dune camping. Do you remember if you had to book that separately from the main stay? Their website appears to only allow booking of the hotel rooms, no option to add on a night of camping.

Originally Posted by Ericka
OK, I have NO IDEA how far away this would be from Marrakech, but I can’t imagine there are many luxury tented camps in Morocco. Here’s our older trip report from Dar Ahlam and their tented camp.
Trip Report: Dar Ahlam & Amanjena (Morocco)
Old Jun 12, 2019, 2:47 pm
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
The website shows the camps under “experiences”. They probably book the tented overnight as an activity. Looks like you’ll have to inquire with the property directly for pricing, time of year available, etc.

Also, tripadvisor has more recent reviews and pics that include the desert camp.
jbeans likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.