Search

some luxury hotels in Tuscany

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2022, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by ABG
book NOW.....! When things started moving in March I never managed to get cleared what I really wanted for summer 2022. Thank goodness for all the other little secrets.
The pool villa is at the near top of the property in the little cottages. You can park your car very close (if you like) and the pool is extremely private
My favorite less expensive room is directly below this suite on the garden
Originally Posted by livefromtuscany
It’s still the best and only true luxury option on the Tuscan coast. Very unique and charming atmosphere, which breathes the spirit of the golden 60s. The bar with the live piano music and the waiters in their white jackets is just fabulous. I try to go every year, we love it for a night or two, but I wouldn’t spend a weeklong vacation there, it gets a bit crowded in peak season. Clientele is predominantly from the US. No children allowed.

Rates are very bold, the rooms are OK, but you don’t go there to stay in the room. If you need space, I would book at least a junior suite, as the regular rooms are very small. I would prefer to be in the main house rather than in the cottages.
Thanks for the answers. I now booked the Pool Suite, it sounds too good and I love the idea of having an own pool in Italy.
livefromtuscany likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2024, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Il Pellicano

I would like to tell you about my stay at Il Pellicano.
I had wanted to stay there for a long time and the time had come in October 2023.
The hotel is located in Porto Ercole on the Mont Argentario peninsula. This has advantages and disadvantages. The location is quite isolated, which is why it's quiet, but there's not much going on outside the hotel either. It is also only suitable as a starting point for excursions in a very limited area.
The hotel itself is a classic with a main building and rooms in several small houses. It is located directly by the sea and while there is no beach, there is a bathing area. The public areas are designed with beautiful details.
We had booked the largest suite in the hotel with its own pool. We generally liked the room, even if not everything was perfect and parts of the room were showing their age. In my opinion, the second bedroom, for example, would hardly be acceptable for living, at least in the luxury area. The pool was very nice and large, but unfortunately unheated and therefore only of limited use. There were also some signs of age.
The breakfast was fine.
The two restaurants were combined into one, which was clearly at the expense of the starred restaurant. The atmosphere was not suitable for a fine meal. Of the 2 menus, the one at the starred restaurant was definitely better, very expensive both options were.
Mentionworth is, that we got great gifts!
Overall a nice hotel. However, considering that the prices had doubled since I booked (I paid €2200 for the suite, later it was supposed to be €4000 on the days before and after), it would no longer be worth it to me. The €2200 was already borderline for the end of October (the hotel closed 10 days later).
My review in detail:
General
Gifts
Grounds
Garden and Pool
Suite I
Suite II
Beach
SPA
Breakfast
Dinner I
Dinner II
Dinner III
Dinner IV
Roomservice
Old Feb 26, 2024, 12:46 pm
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
The lower room from your suite is actually one of my favs at Pellicano. Such a nice view!
I had a client take both of the suite and the lower level room and use that small twin bed room for the nanny, Made for a 3 bedroom arrangement in their own cottage.
obscure2k and offerendum like this.
Old Feb 26, 2024, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by ABG
The lower room from your suite is actually one of my favs at Pellicano. Such a nice view!
I had a client take both of the suite and the lower level room and use that small twin bed room for the nanny, Made for a 3 bedroom arrangement in their own cottage.
That makes sense, as there is also the inner corridor. Then you certainly have 2 fully-fledged bedrooms and a reasonable living room upstairs. The pool is also big enough.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.