Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Advice on Aman style alternative in the Caribbean

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2024, 4:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ABG
I can't comment on the kosher food, but have you looked at Hermitage Bay or Jumby Bay in Antigua? They are AI, so you might get slightly over-charged if you aren't eating their food
Ive been to Jumby Bay about 8-9 years ago, did not like it at all. Maybe it was off season and right before a remodeling? I dont know. I like modern properties, and this was like polar opposite and warn out too. Is Hermitage Bay any better?

Edit: I looked at pictures of Jumby, looks so much nicer now and more modern! Wow.
Old Apr 15, 2024, 5:42 pm

Programs: all of 'em.
Seems like you're looking for modern/contemporary. Is AI also a prerequisite? That's going to limit your choices by a lot.

If you don't need to be right on the beach (you weren't at Mayakoba, right?), you might consider Jade Mountain in St. Lucia.
I'd also recommend Ladera, next door, tho it's more rustic than modern.

You've got the other (fantastic) usual suspects on the islands (Dorado, Cap Juluca, Little Dix Bay, MO Canuoun, plenty on St Barts) but there's also some luxe places in and around Playa Del Carmen (and not within the Mayakoba complex).
Belmond Maroma, a couple of fantastic-looking Chablis properties, an Edition that just recently opened....

If Puerto Rico is doable, definitely look into RC Dorado. It's pricey but delivers.
Old Apr 16, 2024, 7:39 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by moebod
Ive been to Jumby Bay about 8-9 years ago, did not like it at all. Maybe it was off season and right before a remodeling? I dont know. I like modern properties, and this was like polar opposite and warn out too. Is Hermitage Bay any better?

Edit: I looked at pictures of Jumby, looks so much nicer now and more modern! Wow.
I wouldn't describe Hermitage Bay as being modern. The rooms at Jumby Bay are either brand new built in the past 2 years or had a complete colour refresh 4 years ago. I like the new decor a lot. Easy to do a short trip from Newark as the transfer out of the airport to the resort can be a low as 15-20 minutes.
cornwall4000 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.