Report on my stay at Aman Sveti Stefan

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Report on my stay at Aman Sveti Stefan

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2018, 5:48 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by jonjparr
Yikes! That's awful.
Originally Posted by jonjparr
They certainly are. The GM I recently had cause to contact replied to me even when on vacation within 12 hours. The length of time the OP has waited for a resolution is not acceptable.
Originally Posted by BOStonTravels
disgusting. what trash that GM is!
I mean this is supposed to be the pinnacle which makes it even more troubling. I will say again, I think this team is pathological, the wife sounded like she has personality problems.
Originally Posted by Aventine
No employee should smoke on duty!!
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo

It does not exactly scream professionalism or inspire a healthful excursion activity aboard the resort’s boat.

Seriously, what kind of low end people and place are we dealing with here that takes this long to respond to a guest? People on here use this GM's first name like I would a friend, what kind of friend or person do we deal with on a first name basis would allow such disgraceful treatment of their guest. Slovenly.
Originally Posted by scented
Shocked... can’t believe this is happening at a luxury hotel, let alone an AMAN...

How the mighty have fallen in Montenegro. Wasn’t AmanSS also a 6 tick Gallivanter’s Hotel at some point? Not sure but I think so... well surely these days it’s a very different story.

I know for a fact that AMAN monitor this forum frequently, so I am a bit surprised nothing happened so far. This is bad.

Well as least the hardware - spa - is there .
Have you met Jane & Tapa T ( RD & GM ) ? They are one of the best & most responsible GM couples that Aman has , some FTers on this board can vouch for them .

They probably have had enough of the local “ culture “ , some similarities with N’oi initially coming historically from a regime .. so are moving on . He replied me briefly about this & likely has been communicating about the issues to Sven ; to the staff as well as HQ , possibly working something out . But an absence of a quick reply to OP is uncharacteristic , even if things are in transition .

Do not tolerate smoking either so I hope Sven will be able to manage the locals better .

Have met some of the staff at other Amans during AmanSS ‘ low season & they were alright . However , these well trained ones have sadly , for us AMANjunkies & GMs , moved on too .

As posted somewhere , hope not to be around at end of Amans ( as we know ) , being around in the beginning was a treat ..

Last edited by FlyerEC; Aug 29, 2018 at 6:28 pm
Old Aug 29, 2018, 7:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by FlyerEC

Have you met Jane & Tapa T ( RD & GM ) ? They are one of the best & most responsible GM couples that Aman has , some FTers on this board can vouch for them .
LOL, well then the brand has nothing to worry about with bright stars like the two of them!
Old Aug 29, 2018, 10:03 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Thread closed pending Moderator Review
Obscure2k
Luxury Hotels and Travel co-Moderator
FlyerEC likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 9:09 pm

Aman Sveti Stefan - Now Quite Nervous

I logged in here today for the first time in a while to check on suggestions for excursions from Aman Sveti Stefan and was rather dismayed to read the recent very negative reviews. We are due to arrive in 3 weeks with 2 other couples and based on what I am reading here am wondering if we need to reroute. Would be grateful for advice or a word on any resolution from the GM or Aman corporate regarding the troubles with the recent stays. The HORRIBLE stay review thread seems to have been closed pending moderator review if anyone has na update to share or a recent more positive experience I would be most grateful. Also suggestions? Should I email ahead and refer to these reviews? I do not need a perfect Aman experience, everything does not need to be exactly right. But texting airport drivers, smoking boat drivers, indifferent staff and poor housekeeping - not to mention wasp infestation does seem like it could rise to he lever of vacation ruining!
Old Aug 31, 2018, 9:31 pm
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Originally Posted by NYCMom
I logged in here today for the first time in a while to check on suggestions for excursions from Aman Sveti Stefan and was rather dismayed to read the recent very negative reviews. We are due to arrive in 3 weeks with 2 other couples and based on what I am reading here am wondering if we need to reroute. Would be grateful for advice or a word on any resolution from the GM or Aman corporate regarding the troubles with the recent stays. The HORRIBLE stay review thread seems to have been closed pending moderator review if anyone has na update to share or a recent more positive experience I would be most grateful. Also suggestions? Should I email ahead and refer to these reviews? I do not need a perfect Aman experience, everything does not need to be exactly right. But texting airport drivers, smoking boat drivers, indifferent staff and poor housekeeping - not to mention wasp infestation does seem like it could rise to he lever of vacation ruining!
There's only one course of action really - email (or get your agent to email) the GM, Tapa and Jane, link to the thread, point out the multiple issues now two guests have had (bear in mind this does not reflect all stays there - in between that there have been good stays) and the lack of response thus far, and check in to ensure that everything is taken care of.
MSPeconomist and bhrubin like this.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 11:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

I remain surprised that no resolution has come to this thread?!
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 2:45 am

Never in a million years would I have thought that AMAN wouldn’t be bending over backwards to try and make things right. Heck, even lesser hotels would. Is this the current state of affairs or what’s going on? Instead of an insolated island, this seems more epidemic now.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 7:02 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, AA 2.0 MM, DL Plat, Hertz Plat, LY Gold
I contacted an Aman GM that I trust and told him what happened (in detail) and he said that he relayed it to management at Aman Sveti Stefan and that I should expect to hear back from them directly.

It has been 9 days now and I have not heard back.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 11:53 pm

From the amount of praise they receive on this forum I always thought Aman were the gold standard of luxury hotels with service to match. The fact that nobody seems to have even had the basic courtesy to reply to a complaint is staggering. I think you would get that from a Hampton Inn let alone a €1000+ per night luxury property!

I must admit it makes me think that if that’s the standard of their service when things go wrong - you can keep ‘em.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 12:07 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by damaxer91
I contacted an Aman GM that I trust and told him what happened (in detail) and he said that he relayed it to management at Aman Sveti Stefan and that I should expect to hear back from them directly.

It has been 9 days now and I have not heard back.
Did you complain directly to hotel management? It seems to me that would be the best way to get a response.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 4:55 am
JWo

Programs: MPC DM / UA *A Gold / Hyatt Glob / SPG Gold
Updates

I visited SS in May/June. Fortunately, no wasps. I’ve been to 14 Amans and did feel that the GM interaction was weak compared to others (other than Amanfayun circa 2012). I had to actively seek out/demand to speak with Jane to get a response (it took a couple tries with gatekeepers at reception to get a hold of her). Food, especially Arva, was fantastic.

A couple updates:

1) the boat transfer from SS to Kings Beach was run by an external vendor (not Aman)

2) I did see some external tours visit SS itself. I don’t think they were restaurant guests (as there were tickets on sale).

Overall, a very average stay, saved by the fantastic scenery/location. I would probably not return. Service was a world apart from Amanpuri (where I am now) and Amanzoe (visited Aug 2017).
Old Sep 2, 2018, 4:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by JWo
I visited SS in May/June. Fortunately, no wasps. I’ve been to 14 Amans and did feel that the GM interaction was weak compared to others (other than Amanfayun circa 2012). I had to actively seek out/demand to speak with Jane to get a response (it took a couple tries with gatekeepers at reception to get a hold of her). Food, especially Arva, was fantastic.

A couple updates:

1) the boat transfer from SS to Kings Beach was run by an external vendor (not Aman)

2) I did see some external tours visit SS itself. I don’t think they were restaurant guests (as there were tickets on sale).

Overall, a very average stay, saved by the fantastic scenery/location. I would probably not return. Service was a world apart from Amanpuri (where I am now) and Amanzoe (visited Aug 2017).
Are Jane and Tapa on a one couple mission to destroy the Aman brand? Seriously the board of directors should meet to dissacoiate these two from the brand...
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 1:36 am

Are Jane and Tapa on a one couple mission to destroy the Aman brand? Seriously the board of directors should meet to dissacoiate these two from the brand...
Where were they before SS?
My only average stay at an Aman property was in April 2015 - Amanpulo. But I cannot remember who was the GM.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 3:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

It's almost as if they think their resort can weather this incident and FT doesn't matter.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 3:27 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by Aventine
I remain surprised that no resolution has come to this thread?!
no resolution yet, I am still traveling so I have not been adamant about following up. I will be home next week and will reach out again then. Will update when I have info. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.