Wiki Posts
Search

Fan of M.O - MO recognition program

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2018, 9:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, QF/HH/TG/SQ GOLD
Fan of M.O - MO recognition program

Mandarin Oriental is rolling out their own guest recognition program.
Basically they wants guest to book directly with them.
More details https://www.mandarinoriental.com/fan...fits-enrolment

Booking with MO fan club agent is still the best way.
MikeFromTokyo likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

credit (first standard i think)
12pm / 4pm - 'guaranteed' ?
upgrade - curious re limits

(FHR 4pm not always honored)

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Feb 24, 2018 at 9:52 am
Old Feb 24, 2018, 9:34 am
Original Member

Given this new access to benefits, how is booking through agent better?
Old Feb 24, 2018, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Agents should be able to get early check-ins as needed and late check outs beyond 4pm. Ensure upgrades go as far as possible. Get you a full breakfast delivered the way you want.

This Fans of MO is FanClub without paying the agents. I'd be interested to see how it works out with stay experiences. If there's a true difference or not.
MikeFromTokyo likes this.

Last edited by Aventine; Feb 24, 2018 at 10:02 am
Old Feb 24, 2018, 9:49 am

This is excellent news to me as I prefer to book directly^
KatW likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 11:21 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by KatW
Given this new access to benefits, how is booking through agent better?
Looks like you only get to pick 2 benefits not them all. So the agent seems to be able to still get you everything rather than have to choose between them all.
Cheetah_SA likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by United747
Looks like you only get to pick 2 benefits not them all. So the agent seems to be able to still get you everything rather than have to choose between them all.
In practice MO is not liberal with upgrades anyway on TA booking

This is a huge step in the right direction. And, if a guest specifically selects upgrade, the hotels may be more likely to honor. And if not available, I am sure they would provide an alternate choice of benefit.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 12:53 pm
Suspended

Did I miss something?

Are there any tiers or added benefit one achieves by multiple stays or booking suites?

Also, is there any higher level of recognition for frequent guests. The way I read it, I could sign up, stay once at an MO hotel, and be entitled to the same benefits as somebody who stays with MO 20 times a year.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by Nicoolio
Did I miss something?

Are there any tiers or added benefit one achieves by multiple stays or booking suites?

Also, is there any higher level of recognition for frequent guests. The way I read it, I could sign up, stay once at an MO hotel, and be entitled to the same benefits as somebody who stays with MO 20 times a year.
No luxury hotel group like MO would ever publish loyalty program “tier benefits.” This seems to be something designed to recapture direct bookings from people who book through FHR or TAs just because of the associated benefits.
offerendum and KatW like this.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo

No luxury hotel group like MO would ever publish loyalty program “tier benefits.” This seems to be something designed to recapture direct bookings from people who book through FHR or TAs just because of the associated benefits.
I agree! Aman does the same without program.
So far I‘m not convinced by the new program and will continue to book through agent or FHR.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 7:40 pm
Original Member

Well, one can do BOTH and I intend to.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Seems kind of redundant doesn't it? I'm sure they'll take steps to avoid stacking benefits.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 8:41 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by Aventine
Seems kind of redundant doesn't it? I'm sure they'll take steps to avoid stacking benefits.
Let me explain: No stacking. Sometimes it wll be most covenient to book directly with MO website. Other times it will be useful to book through an agent. Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 2:26 am
Suspended

Programs: Travel Agent (member of all consortia programs - Ritz, Mandarin, Hyatt Prive, Four Seasons, etc.)
I know Iīm an agent, so my take will come across as defensive and biased, but Fan of MO sounds like a complete joke.

Most people I know donīt use an agent solely as a means to an end - ie, they donīt look at the agent solely as a vehicle for amenities. (Thatīs actually the complete opposite of why most clients go searching for an agent, to be honest, and the better way to look at an agent - in my mind - isnīt all about amenities, but having an advocate and leveraging relationships to the clientīs benefit.)

MO will find every and any way possible to get around honoring these īamenitiesī...not available, sold out, this one doesnīt apply to that hotel...front desk clerks will either not know what it is or downright ignore the ībetter onesī. Upgrades via this method will be hard to come by, if not impossible. To a hotel, early check-in/late check-out are throwaway amenities, too.

MO is often stingy with benefits and needs pushing around from an agent. Booking via īFan of MOī will be the new basic online booking. Agent bookings will still get priority and GMs will still favor those booking channels they have direct relationships with, regardless of the bottom line.

(Iīm not just rambling here - Iīve spoken to a few MO GMs and sales people and nobody is excited about the prospect of John Doe showing up thinking heīs booked under some special VIP rate.)

My .02 cents.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 3:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by MichelinMan
I know Iīm an agent, so my take will come across as defensive and biased, but Fan of MO sounds like a complete joke.

Most people I know donīt use an agent solely as a means to an end - ie, they donīt look at the agent solely as a vehicle for amenities. (Thatīs actually the complete opposite of why most clients go searching for an agent, to be honest, and the better way to look at an agent - in my mind - isnīt all about amenities, but having an advocate and leveraging relationships to the clientīs benefit.)

MO will find every and any way possible to get around honoring these īamenitiesī...not available, sold out, this one doesnīt apply to that hotel...front desk clerks will either not know what it is or downright ignore the ībetter onesī. Upgrades via this method will be hard to come by, if not impossible. To a hotel, early check-in/late check-out are throwaway amenities, too.

MO is often stingy with benefits and needs pushing around from an agent. Booking via īFan of MOī will be the new basic online booking. Agent bookings will still get priority and GMs will still favor those booking channels they have direct relationships with, regardless of the bottom line.

(Iīm not just rambling here - Iīve spoken to a few MO GMs and sales people and nobody is excited about the prospect of John Doe showing up thinking heīs booked under some special VIP rate.)

My .02 cents.
Sounds plausible

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.