FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: IBobi
test wikipost
Print Wikipost

Amanresorts Thread 2018

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2018, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by summertime
Looks like Leonardo DiCaprio and Orlando Bloom also had a birthday party with Formula e at Amanjena!
Yes I heard. Good PR! Jena is really good with events these days... perhaps even a bit better than with stays!
vuittonsofstyle likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 1:14 am
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Not sure if this is the right place to put it, but it looks like Amanusa will become a wellness retreat by Revivo:
https://www.revivoresorts.com/

Interesting that there are 2 of the villas offered up as well as part of the accommodation. Also interesting that they are only showing 16 suites/pool suites (instead of the full 30?)
bhrubin and 0bsidian like this.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

thanks! opens march 1 or will there be temporary closure ?

wonder if same owner / operator as nusa dua / golf course

2 villas (8 rooms) are booked by room (like como shambhala)
+ 8 remaining rooms / amanusa pavilions "at the main villa"

might be working on some / most of the amanusa pavilions

upcoming events >
Originally Posted by MacMyDay
The Aman London event is taking place the beginning of February.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jan 31, 2018 at 11:56 am
Old Jan 31, 2018, 7:44 pm

Hello,

Is Ernst still the GM at Amankila?

Thanks

UK212
Old Jan 31, 2018, 9:29 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Ernst is on vacation now & will cover AmanYY later in February
But should be back at Kila
scented likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 11:07 pm

Thanks. Who to contact ahead of stay?

Also, does anyone have a recommendation for a coffee plantation visit close by? (Would consider Kopi Luwak if its a natural and not a caged operation...)
Old Feb 1, 2018, 1:09 am

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Originally Posted by uktraveller212

Also, does anyone have a recommendation for a coffee plantation visit close by? (Would consider Kopi Luwak if its a natural and not a caged operation...)
Do you mean Amanjiwo rather than Amankila? Amanjiwo has coffee plantations a couple of hours away.

For Amankila, in Ernst's absence, contact Agus.

Much of the other Aman GMs are away on sales meets I think.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 5:18 am
Aman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by uktraveller212

Unfortunately, Kopi Luwak production is basically all of the caged variety, even if they try to tell you otherwise. As it’s not that special, if you are worried about the ethical aspects of it, you are not missing much if you skip it
Old Feb 2, 2018, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by chinmoylad
Do you mean Amanjiwo rather than Amankila? Amanjiwo has coffee plantations a couple of hours away.

For Amankila, in Ernst's absence, contact Agus.

Much of the other Aman GMs are away on sales meets I think.
Shane should be around .
Jann H in London for event . Anyone reading at same ?

Michel is on vacation too , then Jiwo .
Ian is “ covering “ & also travelling next week , but David G from Villas is around

Last edited by FlyerEC; Feb 2, 2018 at 7:38 am
Old Feb 4, 2018, 11:38 pm

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
thanks! opens march 1 or will there be temporary closure ?

wonder if same owner / operator as nusa dua / golf course

2 villas (8 rooms) are booked by room (like como shambhala)
+ 8 remaining rooms / amanusa pavilions "at the main villa"

might be working on some / most of the amanusa pavilions

upcoming events >
Not sure if this is the right place to put it, but it looks like Amanusa will become a wellness retreat by Revivo:
https://www.revivoresorts.com/

Interesting that there are 2 of the villas offered up as well as part of the accommodation. Also interesting that they are only showing 16 suites/pool suites (instead of the full 30?)
Amanusa will not be Revivo , I would consider what will be as worse and not for this forum , in a year ‘ s time . More later , need to get over shock ..

Revivo is what was actually meant to be AZ ‘ s villa . So Amanusa Villas can use it , like their wellness centre / spa .
The villas will remain as such but we can stay individual suites & need not take the whole villa .
Old Feb 5, 2018, 2:23 am

Originally Posted by FlyerEC

Amanusa will not be Revivo , I would consider what will be as worse and not for this forum , in a year ‘ s time . More later , need to get over shock ..

Revivo is what was actually meant to be AZ ‘ s villa . So Amanusa Villas can use it , like their wellness centre / spa .
The villas will remain as such but we can stay individual suites & need not take the whole villa .
I'm so confused - the "Garden Suites / Courtyard Suites / Private Pool Suites" listed on the site look like suites from the main resort (or did Adrian Zecha's villa have 16 suites that are like mini-Amanusa suites?)

I'm also confused by their 2 x 4-suite villas. Isn't that a 4-bedroom villa from (what is soon formerly) Amanusa? But you're right in that the suites look individually bookable (whole villa can be booked with minimum 3 suites).

Any clarifications? I'm really confused!
Old Feb 5, 2018, 2:44 am

I'm so confused - the "Garden Suites / Courtyard Suites / Private Pool Suites" listed on the site look like suites from the main resort (or did Adrian Zecha's villa have 16 suites that are like mini-Amanusa suites?)

I'm also confused by their 2 x 4-suite villas. Isn't that a 4-bedroom villa from (what is soon formerly) Amanusa? But you're right in that the suites look individually bookable (whole villa can be booked with minimum 3 suites).

I thought the same. Really odd. Maybe FlyerEC can clarify.

What were average Nusa 4 BR villa nightly rates in the past? Under new management it is around 1000 USD, which is dirt cheap considering their size and amenities. Even if butler/cook are non Aman trained, must be amazing value. Wonder if they are able to retain staff, sadly won’t be the same.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 4:18 am

Originally Posted by scented

What were average Nusa 4 BR villa nightly rates in the past? Under new management it is around 1000 USD, which is dirt cheap considering their size and amenities. Even if butler/cook are non Aman trained, must be amazing value. Wonder if they are able to retain staff, sadly won’t be the same.

Amanusa , the hotel side , & the Amanusa Villas were always separate although the properties were more or less adjoining . The “ dirt “ road linking them was chained up & not tarred . A case of so near & yet so far ..

Amanusa Villas are still under Aman ..
AZ ‘ s enormous villa ( s ) were not completed as of last year but are now

Am in the bar again , as are 2 from SIN HQ , am supposed to be enroute to the main pool .

Last edited by FlyerEC; Feb 5, 2018 at 4:28 am
Old Feb 5, 2018, 6:29 am

Originally Posted by scented

Yea I saw that! Kerry Hill-designed (?) villas, stunning villas (albeit don't have a sea view) for ~USD 1,000/night. Real bargain there.

The 3-bedrooms used to start (depending on season and rate type) @USD 3,000-4,500/night++. The 5 (or is it 6?)-bedroom was ~USD 4,500-6,000/night++ I think. So 4-bedroom something in between that. Not exact rates but approximate, give or take ~USD 500-1,000/night (huge error on margin there - ha).

The Aman villas are still rentable under Aman, looks like the 3-bedroom has dropped to ~USD 2,500/night++.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 6:32 am

Originally Posted by FlyerEC

Amanusa , the hotel side , & the Amanusa Villas were always separate although the properties were more or less adjoining . The “ dirt “ road linking them was chained up & not tarred . A case of so near & yet so far ..

Amanusa Villas are still under Aman ..
AZ ‘ s enormous villa ( s ) were not completed as of last year but are now

Am in the bar again , as are 2 from SIN HQ , am supposed to be enroute to the main pool .

I'm still confused! So the suites that Revivo is renting at ~USD 300/night++ - that is what was previously Amanusa (not the villas) correct? Why 16 suites (not all 30/35? Renovating the rest or ...?). And no mention/photos of the enormous pool, aka magnificent Lake Nusa - so now I'm even more confused.

And it looks like they're renting 2 of the 4-bedroom villas too (with suites bookable individually?).

I am really confused.

I thought AZ's villa was a singular 10-bedroom villa?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.