Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ubud Aman, Mandapa, FS? (Bali)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2017, 4:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by BlackHappy
Writing this from Amankila—originally was supposedly to still be at Amandari, but glad we made the switch. Granted, we made the decision to shorten Dari when we were at Jiwo, but I don’t think we would have lasted at Dari for longer than the two nights we were there.

Main impression was that the staff was just going through the motions and seemed kind of burned out and dejected. This could be because they only had 4 rooms occupied when we arrived, which is disappointing for any property. A lot of little things were just bothersome: with only four rooms, why were we constantly asked our room number? Hasn’t happened once at Kila. During afternoon tea, the staff were just talking amongst themselves and we had to seek out their attention. Despite asking them in advance for water, they failed to prepare any in the car for my hike up Mt Batur. They decided my wife is pregnant (which she’s not—I think), so the rafting company wouldn’t let her go at first. (I actually thought this was pretty funny). Most importantly, they just didn’t look that happy.

These are are small things but not something I expect from Amans. Yes, Jan and the rest of the GMs are gone for a meeting in Puri, but that shouldn’t be an excuse.
How is Kila?
Old Nov 5, 2017, 5:28 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
BlackHappy , Glad you made the switch . That’s what I was trying to tell you ( about Dari ) .

Oh dear , that the Kila team seem that way . Usually are not except during a certain period and wasn’t surprised then either . Isn’t Shane around ?

Hope you meet Ernst again before you leave Bali .
Enjoy Kila

Last edited by FlyerEC; Nov 8, 2017 at 9:08 am
Old Nov 5, 2017, 5:42 pm

I've been to Bali multiple times and I must say that it is one of the best places to go to if you're looking for a relaxing holiday. I prefer to book through an agent in that way, it's hassle free especially with my busy schedule. Check out Bali Villas and More website. They have a lot of accommodation to choose from whether you want to stay in Ubud or in Seminyak/Legian (tourist area). They even have villas in Nusa Lembongan. Stayed in Hu'u Villas before and I can say it's the best! You get your money's worth. For Spa, I recommend Amo Spa Bali. They have the best treatments and you get to be pampered A LOT!
Old Nov 5, 2017, 5:58 pm

Programs: BR Diamond, B6 Mosaic
Kila is perfect—hard to find anything to complain about other than the rain!

what has impressed me the most at Kila is how they childproof the room by DRILLING a fence around the pool in the Suite.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 3:57 pm
formerly ThePinkUnicornShirtGuy

Programs: Delta Diamond
I'm currently trying to figure this selection out.

If you are a single person, do any of these fit or are they too tailored towards families/couples? Which would be the most luxurious party resort in the area?
Old Aug 19, 2018, 8:43 pm
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Originally Posted by The BNA Gentleman
I'm currently trying to figure this selection out.

If you are a single person, do any of these fit or are they too tailored towards families/couples? Which would be the most luxurious party resort in the area?
Think you're asking for the wrong forum (and indeed area) if you're looking for a 'party resort'. None of these are party resorts, and that's generally (especially in Bali/luxury resorts) not what this forum is looking for.

W Seminyak would be your best bet in that case for party resorts in Bali. Katamama would offer a good mix of seclusion/luxury and party vibes with its connection to Potato Head.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 12:17 am
formerly ThePinkUnicornShirtGuy

Programs: Delta Diamond
Fair point on that - I do enjoy the luxury hotel factor and have been to a lot but I'm at a point where I'd like to just have a good time with other singles that aren't backpackers and such. Thanks for the heads up on W, I did hear from other sources that may be the way to go. Still so curious about the hotel, maybe if I'm lucky, I'll meet a nice lady and book a night or two at Mandapa.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 1:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Fair point on that - I do enjoy the luxury hotel factor and have been to a lot but I'm at a point where I'd like to just have a good time with other singles that aren't backpackers and such. Thanks for the heads up on W, I did hear from other sources that may be the way to go. Still so curious about the hotel, maybe if I'm lucky, I'll meet a nice lady and book a night or two at Mandapa.
W hotel is probably your best bet for luxury and possibly some singles. Mandapa was purely couples or families.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 4:17 am

+1 to the W Seminyak suggestion if you are travelling solo and want to party - it's got the perfect location with lots of bars and beach clubs nearby including the famous ones Ku De Ta, Potato Head etc as well as a pretty good scene of its own.

There is not much nightlife in Ubud at the best of times and Amandari, Mandapa etc are still a drive away from where the action is. The crew from Locavore in Ubud have opened a very cool cocktail bar across the road from the restaurant but it's hardly lively into the night.

This question also made me think about staying at Amankila solo and even as a thought exercise this seemed like for me at least it would be a bit dull and lonely after a day or two - and a waste of such a wonderful place to enjoy with a loved one or friends or family! Yes it is a spectacular property but it is quite remote by Bali standards and there is not a huge amount to do there apart from swimming and the Amanactivities, which all together wouldn't keep you occupied for too long.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.