Search

Best FS Properties

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2017, 6:07 am
DSI
formerly declinespecificinformatiom

Originally Posted by scented
Spectacular new property, I agree.
Last night I was talking with friends about going. Can you comment more on your experience? When did you go?
Old Jun 1, 2017, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by chinmoylad
Just FYI, you can still plan your own trip but have the Virtuoso/FS Preferred agent make the booking to ensure you get the amenities/benefits etc. (Quite a few of my guests plan the whole thing out themselves, and then have me make the booking - while others prefer to let me plan things out for them. Horses for courses and all that).

While you can certainly negotiate with each FS hotel individually, why go through the extra trouble when it's all there and available for you via Virtuoso/FS Preferred? I'd say let a Virtuoso/FS Preferred agent make the booking, and if you still like to maintain control over many aspects of your booking, you can then reach out to the hotels to arrange certain details (round-trip airport transfers, preferences etc).
Thanks for the feedback. Do you recommend me canceling my existing reservations (all refundable) and rebooking under a Virtuoso/FS Preferred agent? If so, can I simply go through one of the agents on Flyertalk (i.e. DavidO)? I have only used a Virtuoso agent once on the recommendation of a family member and I was not impressed (not responsive, tried to sell me unnecessary transfers/excursions, no room upgrade even though they were available, etc.).
Old Jun 1, 2017, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by kajonesbu
Thanks for the feedback. Do you recommend me canceling my existing reservations (all refundable) and rebooking under a Virtuoso/FS Preferred agent? If so, can I simply go through one of the agents on Flyertalk (i.e. DavidO)? I have only used a Virtuoso agent once on the recommendation of a family member and I was not impressed (not responsive, tried to sell me unnecessary transfers/excursions, no room upgrade even though they were available, etc.).
Chin himself is a great agent. DavidO as well. I'd definitely rebook them ^
Old Jun 1, 2017, 10:32 am
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Originally Posted by kajonesbu
If you've booked them direct with the hotel, hold on to them - no need to cancel just yet. They may be 'transferable' (easy process - may just need your email approval to the hotel). Sometimes they may ask you to cancel + rebook in which case the agent will then handle it for you.

Yes, you can go through one of the agents on FlyerTalk.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 2:49 am

Originally Posted by DSI
Last night I was talking with friends about going. Can you comment more on your experience? When did you go?
I was judging from pictures and reports a friend sent me, I won't be able to make it there until August.

Will likely combine with a Caribbean resort.

If you go, please do let me know how it is. Service should be catching up soon, Reed and Florence are working very hard.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 5:30 pm

I'll be at Surf Club in two days. Will report back.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by aa213bb
I'll be at Surf Club in two days. Will report back.
curious re your room view, and timeline of Hotel Residences
5 suite/residence - 311 312 410 411 412 (what are these?)
29 Hotel Residences - 811 has closed, will it be in inventory?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxur...l#post28376397

agents can "take over" bookings

Originally Posted by chinmoylad
why go through the extra trouble
many reasons

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.