Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Aman, Azerai, GHM & Ahn Luh Resorts - 2017 edition

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2017, 7:11 am
Aman Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by deer
Adrian Zecha's new Azerai Can Tho in the Mekong Delta, to be launched in December, already described in detail at the Azerai website including some downloads:

https://www.azerai.com/can-tho

I am wondering about one thing: Rooms are ALL 35 square meters - why not add some larger suites? Could keep low entry rates, but also add higher revenue rooms for travelers in search of more space!
Just like the other Azerai, this one really doesn't appeal to me. Rooms are too small, room design is too generic, privacy seems to be limited. I think it's great that AZ is going in a different direction, but neither of these properties read as luxury to me. One of the things important to me in a luxury property is a good amount of personal private space, and these just don't offer that. I still maintain that if AZ was not associated with these, no one on this board would ever consider them luxury.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 11:31 am

Is there any possibility of an Aman Resort in or near the Qinling Mountains in Shaanxi province? The niche would be a resort in the middle of a panda safari zone.

The densely forested and mountainous location is only a 1-2 hour drive away from Xi'an so this could be perfect for Aman to continue to grow in China.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
How does one get there? The website speaks of it being a half hour drive from the Can Tho Airport to the hotel paviliion and then a 10 minute boat ride. However, an arbitrary date I checked had no nonstop flights from Ho Chi Minh. Google maps indicates it is a 3 1/2 hour drive from Ho Chi Minh.
Its too close to SGN to make flying feasible. Your best bet would be flying in via Hanoi instead.

Check out https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Can_Th...tional_Airport for other connections.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 9:03 am

Just got an email from Amanresorts announcing a 'Round the World' trip for 16 passengers, each of them getting an on-board suite and bathroom (but no beach). The tour starts 15 April 2018 in Japan, then China, Vietnam, India, Greece, Montenegro and ends 6 May 2018 in Venice. Includes stays at all the hotels and private cars.

Not 'Round the World' though, is it, unless you fly needlessly from Venice back to Tokyo.

And no mention of HOW MUCH? Anyone fancy a guess?
Old Sep 27, 2017, 10:04 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
Prices are here:

https://www.aman.com/sites/default/f...Expedition.pdf

$115K pp / $230K couple ($30K single supplement)

Whats interesting is that no flight is over 4 hours except for one 7.5 hour leg - not sure how valuable a private bedroom is in that itinerary.

On closer look it appears that there are only two "real" beds on board. Wonder how that works...

Also, this itinerary looks exhausting and not all that enjoyable, IMO.

Last edited by callmedtop; Sep 27, 2017 at 10:10 am
Old Sep 27, 2017, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by callmedtop
Prices are here:

https://www.aman.com/sites/default/f...Expedition.pdf

$115K pp / $230K couple ($30K single supplement)

Whats interesting is that no flight is over 4 hours except for one 7.5 hour leg - not sure how valuable a private bedroom is in that itinerary.

On closer look it appears that there are only two "real" beds on board. Wonder how that works...

Also, this itinerary looks exhausting and not all that enjoyable, IMO.
Great offer And for 115T $ you are limited to 1 piece of lagguage with 44 pounds and carry-on lagguage with 15 pounds. Less tha´n the poor devils in a average Economy flight..... Again for people who proverbial scorch the water when cooking

P.S. The strongest get the bed or the guy with the bat
Old Sep 27, 2017, 10:55 am

I really don't get these private jet tours - they seem to be just very expensive package tours.
deer, offerendum, FlyerEC and 1 others like this.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 7:25 pm
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
I really don't get these private jet tours - they seem to be just very expensive package tours.
Agreed. Far too hectic, not enough time in any one place, and not particularly a great itinerary either.
offerendum and FlyerEC like this.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 1:20 am

Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
Finally someone tells as it is... neither the Aman, nor Four Seasons' version seems particularly enticing to me.
vuittonsofstyle likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 3:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by scented
Finally someone tells as it is... neither the Aman, nor Four Seasons' version seems particularly enticing to me.
Many here do, the number of fans is verx limited
Old Sep 30, 2017, 3:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

am i the only one interested in splitting for example king air turboprop between amans in india? transport can be nightmare, and shortest distances between some aman are really short.

therealdeal.com/2017/09/19/shvo-no-longer-co-developer-of-crown-building-conversion-oko/
now slated to hold an 83-key hotel and 20 condo units
rooms 4th to 9th, condos 11th to 26th
not tall building, and similar to other hotels
pool 7th floor (FS downtown - 3rd floor, greenwich - basement)

Originally Posted by xracer
I still maintain that if AZ was not associated with these, no one on this board would ever consider them luxury.
gary tyson GM luang prabang, but unlikely following GMs as good.

Originally Posted by Aventine
I've seen the site being cordoned off in Kyoto. I guess they're taking their time for whatever they have planned there.
can you link? old one i had wondered about wasnt aman.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Sep 30, 2017 at 3:54 am
Old Sep 30, 2017, 4:34 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
am i the only one interested in splitting for example king air turboprop between amans in india? transport can be nightmare, and shortest distances between some aman .
Any idea best way to do this. Was just thinking about Amansara to Amanoi. All international charter companies want around 20k for a king Air transfer (by comparison a light jet similar distance one way in the USA is less than 6k)

fdw
Old Sep 30, 2017, 4:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

replace king air with whatever cheapest acceptable is. at one point oberoi published $1000/hour. they still publish details on having plane for trip, rather than just point to point. re siem reap six senses does scheduled to/from soneva kiri. regardless of cost, splitting drops it. do costs include unused returns. (if they do, how does one book where it does not, what is minimum cost per day/night, etc.)

shortest flights are cheap compared to many days/hours in heavy/etc jet
(and best option for such tour would be emirates A319 with 10 F suites)

only distances ive looked up for aman were miles to pulo >
219 - manila
781 - cam ranh (amanoi / nha trang)
881 - hong kong
902 - da nang
956 - ho chi minh city (saigon)
1151 - siem reap (amansara)

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Sep 30, 2017 at 5:23 am
Old Sep 30, 2017, 5:19 am
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
Any idea best way to do this. Was just thinking about Amansara to Amanoi. All international charter companies want around 20k for a king Air transfer (by comparison a light jet similar distance one way in the USA is less than 6k)

fdw
Need to find the right supplier. Whom did you use/ask? Bear in mind more availability (due to demand) in US.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 12:35 am

Programs: Too many...and an Amanjunkie
I cannot find any room rates for Amanyangyun yet...anyone with info on that and on the the specific opening date in Nov?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.