Best Choice in Jakarta?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Choice in Jakarta?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2018, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by BENLEE
It's a more "local" part of the City, a bit more chaotic.
That actually sounds interesting. I would prefer to have an authentic, “local” experience in Jakarta to the fullest extent possible while still staying in a nice hotel. I’ve never been there, so I do not want to only see shopping malls and the CBD, even though I do like those areas too.

I have Ambassador status with IC, so that’s also a bit of a value proposition if I target an upgrade.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 11:06 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Hey guys,

Looking for advice on where to stay!

I'm in my mid 20's, prefer to stay at a luxury hotel near some nightlife, and a good good club lounge/pool. Is traffic here really worse than Manila?

It looks like my best bets would be RC Mega K and Pacific Palace?
Old Jan 17, 2019, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Cthunder86
Hey guys,

I'm in my mid 20's, prefer to stay at a luxury hotel near some nightlife, and a good good club lounge/pool. Is traffic here really worse than Manila?

They're probably tied for worst traffic among Asian megacities.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 1:16 am

Originally Posted by Cthunder86
Hey guys,

I have been planning a trip too. According to my Indonesian friends, it is definitely best to figure out where you need to be first, and then choose the best hotel in that vicinity. The traffic makes Bangkok look like a walk in the park... and low room rates also means that hotels seldom get refurbished, i.e. there are plenty of good options, but there is nothing really exceptional.

Old Jan 18, 2019, 7:54 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo

I have been planning a trip too. According to my Indonesian friends, it is definitely best to figure out where you need to be first, and then choose the best hotel in that vicinity. The traffic makes Bangkok look like a walk in the park... and low room rates also means that hotels seldom get refurbished, i.e. there are plenty of good options, but there is nothing really exceptional.

Agreed.

It looks like Pan Pacific would be the best choice as it’s connected to a mall so I wound not have to worry about going far for food. Both areas are good for nightlife it seems.
Old Oct 31, 2019, 9:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: Many
What's the best bet these days? FS or one of the RC (which one?)?
Old Nov 2, 2019, 10:17 pm

Programs: Krisflyer PPS, SPG, Hyatt GoldPassport, Shangri-la Golden Circle, British Airways ExecClub
Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
What's the best bet these days? FS or one of the RC (which one?)?
FS is the much newer and nicer property compared to RC. But as others have pointed out, Jakarta traffic is horrendous and you should really choose your hotel based on where you will want to be. And I am saying this as a local resident.
MikeFromTokyo likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2019, 1:15 am

Originally Posted by BENLEE
FS is the much newer and nicer property compared to RC. But as others have pointed out, Jakarta traffic is horrendous and you should really choose your hotel based on where you will want to be. And I am saying this as a local resident.
Is the Dharmawangsa still open ? Would you recommend it ? Will the Regent ever open ? Thanks in advance Ben
Old Nov 3, 2019, 3:20 am

Programs: Krisflyer PPS, SPG, Hyatt GoldPassport, Shangri-la Golden Circle, British Airways ExecClub
Originally Posted by bearbrick
Is the Dharmawangsa still open ? Would you recommend it ? Will the Regent ever open ? Thanks in advance Ben
Yes, it is still open. Though given the age of the hotel, I won't bet it's still in tip-top condition. Also, it's a bit far away from the city centre. I heard the new Intercontinental has opened in Pondok Indah but have not tried. There is a Park Hyatt that's supposed to be open. For more "modern" option, there is a new Alila that opens at Pacific Place.

No idea about the Regent.
Old Nov 3, 2019, 11:18 am

Stayed at MO and Raffles recently.

MO:
- Lobby and the restaurant feels dated.
- I think rooms have been renovated somewhat more recently - at least my room felt more or less current.
- Quite understated throughout, though perhaps a touch dark feeling.
- FHR benefit was a 50-minute massage for two, which I took as one 100-minute massage (as I was by myself).
- Not attached to a mall directly, but Grand Indonesia is just across the road (with a shuttle service in the weekend).
- Service was good - my stay was too short to be able to say more.
- Rate was one of the cheaper ones amongst the top tier chains. With FHR, it was a good deal.

Raffles:
- More or less a brand new hotel - obviously still very fresh.
- Overly fussy interior, particularly the choice of colours and the ornaments in the room. I did not enjoy the decor.
- Attached to a mall but the mall was quite underwhelming overall.
- Club lounge (an Accor Plat benefit) rarely had anyone using it. During the evening cocktails, you can order a la carte from a menu - very good quality food, can easily substitute dinner.
- Service excellent in Club lounge but otherwise fairly standard.
- Breakfast in the restaurant was quite underwhelming, both in terms of the restaurant (too dark, service a little off) and the food (Asian selection a little lacklustre).
- Overall not bad value for money with lounge access as Accor Plat, but I wouldn't pay more to stay here over MO.

I'm not expecting to travel back to CGK anytime soon, but when I do return, I would quite like to try the FS next.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.