Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Top Caribbean Resort for Long Weeknd: Jumby Bay vs Ritz Carlton Reserve Dorado?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Top Caribbean Resort for Long Weeknd: Jumby Bay vs Ritz Carlton Reserve Dorado?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2016, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by grumbler
I would not bother with Jumby Bay personally - and the beach isn't even natural.

Why not FS Nevis ?
I did not know the beach at Jumby Bay was not natural. The beach at FS Nevis is not natural either.

Coming from New York, the RC Puerto Rico will be the easiest with a wide choice of flights.
Old Oct 31, 2016, 11:57 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by speedbird001
I did not know the beach at Jumby Bay was not natural.
I've never heard that either..... maybe Pasture Bay is built up as it faces out to the sea
Old Oct 31, 2016, 3:02 pm

Programs: AC SE 2MM, too many others
Originally Posted by speedbird001
I did not know the beach at Jumby Bay was not natural. The beach at FS Nevis is not natural either.

Coming from New York, the RC Puerto Rico will be the easiest with a wide choice of flights.
That I didn't pick up when I was at Nevis - but I think I was really suggesting that the property was better than Jumby (beaches aside). It's a pain to get to, though - compared to either Antigua or Puerto Rico.
Old Oct 31, 2016, 3:49 pm
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
If beach is what the OP or anyone in NYC looking for...Amanera is still a great option.

4 hours on JetBlue from JFK - POP, nonstop. Natural beach. More beach than you would need as it's basically for a max of 20 - 40 people on average at the entire resort.

New casitas that's very impressive and gorgeous. Rates can be had for much better than Amanyara.
Old Nov 17, 2016, 8:27 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, AA 2.0 MM, DL Plat, Hertz Plat, LY Gold
Are there any non-Zika destinations left in the Caribbean?
Old Nov 17, 2016, 8:56 am
formerly htang333

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Originally Posted by damaxer91
Are there any non-Zika destinations left in the Caribbean?
Only places with higher elevation

Many resorts do fumigate multiple times a week.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 1:43 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, AA 2.0 MM, DL Plat, Hertz Plat, LY Gold
Originally Posted by BESVISOR
Only places with higher elevation

Many resorts do fumigate multiple times a week.
Any suggestions? Assume Amanyara and Dorado beach are out..
Old Nov 18, 2016, 1:47 pm
formerly htang333

Originally Posted by damaxer91
Any suggestions? Assume Amanyara and Dorado beach are out..
I visited Amanera in July/August and did not encounter mosquito on property.

Have had 4 clients return from there and did not have any issues with it. Most recent being last week...stayed Nov 1 - Nov 6.

Amanera does it 3 times per week and due to being in the north with some wind speed, they do not experience many mosquito activities.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 12:54 pm

Sorry to revive an old-ish thread - but has anyone been to Jumby Bay since Oetker took over? Looks like they renovated the resort and the pictures on the website look different vs. some older reports here (mostly removing darker wood and adding some marble). Has the food changed at all?
Old Mar 3, 2020, 1:32 pm
Original Member

In that same area but different island, I am bonkers for Cap Juluca on Anguilla.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 3:03 pm
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by Fc912
Sorry to revive an old-ish thread - but has anyone been to Jumby Bay since Oetker took over? Looks like they renovated the resort and the pictures on the website look different vs. some older reports here
Before Christmas they finished a soft goods renovation of the beach/pool/estate suites. The rondoval section still looks like it did when Rosewood was in charge, but if I was personally going and was staying in a Rondoval I would really be fine with it. Even on a rainy day, there is zero reason to sit in the room

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.