Search

the luxury hotels of Dubai

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2018, 3:29 am
formerly vienna-resident
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by reigndrop
IThese are my updated rankings for Dubai hotels below:
Thanks for this great overview! How would you rank them in terms of views? We'll be in DXB for a two-night stopover, and would like to have some impressive views from the room.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 6:45 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by vienna-resident
Thanks for this great overview! How would you rank them in terms of views? We'll be in DXB for a two-night stopover, and would like to have some impressive views from the room.
If you want a good water view, I'd go with Bulgari (premier ocean view room). You'll only see water & residences and none of the construction.

If you want good downtown / Burj views, then FS Jumeirah Beach or DIFC. At Jumeirah Beach, then go w/ a Premier Skyline Room or Skyline Suite. If DIFC, then Studio Suite w/ Burj view or Deluxe Executive Suite. Those four rooms will guarantee impressive Burj / Downtown views from the the rooms. All sea view rooms at Four Seasons involves either sand lots or construction...

Park Hyatt has an okay view from the creek of the Skyline but I've heard that the hotel overall is headed downhill so would avoid.

For Marina views, there are a couple others that are more informed to provide a view (no pun intended!).
livefromtuscany likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 10:09 am

@reigndrop Thanks for sharing your comments, much appreciated.

Would you care to clarify when you noticed that service/employee morale at Al Maha dropped? I have been to Al Maha at least 7 times over the years but my last stay dates from over a year. We always enjoyed great service but I also know that the VP/Guest relations manager, who did an amazing job, has left the company some time ago. I am afraid there might be a link.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 11:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It'll be hard to pry me from the Bulgari but I will give the MO a shot a few months after it opens ...overwater villas
8 overwater under construction?

on april 2 owner wasl (owns PH dubai) said hotel 74% / 75% done and planning Q4

original MO plan dramatically different from final plan

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jul 29, 2018 at 11:57 am
Old Jul 26, 2018, 1:03 am

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
8 overwater under construction?

on april 2 owner wasl (owns PH dubai) said hotel 74% / 75% done and planning Q4
MO Jumeira(h??) exteriors remind me a little of Bangkok in these early stages. Don’t find the architecture very inspiring. Interiors look better. Let’s see
Old Jul 27, 2018, 12:06 pm

Are the choices in the Marina are pretty much still RC or Grosvenor? I understand Grosvenor may have fallen off a bit, which is a shame, but it's location for the Marina walk can't be beat.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 5:16 pm

Huh, pretty quiet in the Dubai front it seems.

I guess another question is has anyone used the ferry service at O&O The Palm? I'm not jazzed on staying on the palm, but I am looking pretty heavily at getting a villa, and the ones at O&O The Residence can be hard to come by. If the ferry runs often enough that could mitigate being on the palm somewhat.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 8:11 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Tossing up the Bulgari and the RC Ras el Khaimah Beach, but struggling to see any attraction to the second given it's remoteness...

The villas the the PH AUH are stunning, but at times the restaurants can feel very busy.
BOStonTravels likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 12:28 am

Originally Posted by m0hamed
Tossing up the Bulgari and the RC Ras el Khaimah Beach, but struggling to see any attraction to the second given it's remoteness...

The villas the the PH AUH are stunning, but at times the restaurants can feel very busy.
I don’t think there is much of a comparison in between RAK RC and Bulgari. Bulgari is on another level of luxury and tranquility. I’m checking out of the Bulgari later today and will try and post some details.
Just to note that the Bulgari is about double the price of the FS FB, RC, PH AUH (probably triple in that case).
Old Aug 18, 2018, 2:03 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by m0hamed

I’ve done the desert RC in RAK which is decent but suffered massively due to flies all over the room; imagine that while you’re sleeping! And often service mishaps as well at their bars and restaurants. Their restaurant Farmhouse though is oddly my favorite place I’ve eaten at in the UAE.

That said I don’t think there’s a comparison between Bulgari and RC RAK Hamra Beach with the former just being on a completely different level in every aspect. Am staying at the Bulgari currently and it only reinforces my views from my first stay
Old Aug 18, 2018, 2:24 am

Just checked out of the Bulgari Dubai after spending two nights there.

Having stayed at FS JB and PH AUH several times along with some of the other UAE luxury hotels, I’m writing my thoughts here.

First of all, the property is absolutely gorgeous, beautiful timeless design that feels very comfortable (in contrast to say Versace Dubai). Of course it’s a matter of taste, but I feel it is the most comfortable of them all.

The three pools are beautiful, for us slightly too cool at 28 degrees while it is 38+ degrees outside, but this wasn’t a major issue. They provide nice poolside amenities like smoothies, water, Evian spritz, ice lollies. The pools focus on those double gazebos (except for the Spa pool where they have single gazebos), perfect for couples. Despite August, we had a nice hot breeze cooling us at the round pool. The beach is “ok”, a man made beach with relatively rough sand - the view is uninspiring as it has some semi-constructed villas in front of it - no construction activity though. I think the beaches on Saadiyat are far better than anywhere else in the UAE.

The rooms are huge with very nice balconies, beautiful bathrooms, daily amenities of tea and some cakes (my wife would have preferred something salty, but for my sweet tooth this was ideal:-)). Beds comfortable and there’s a pillow menu available.

Something that could be an advantage and disadvantage is the vastness of the whole place. To go to the yacht club pool needs a golf cart, it could be a nice stroll in winter. In that sense I prefer the compactness of the FS!

Spa is also gorgeous with a very nice indoor pool. Our treatments were very good, not the best, but it all depends on how good your therapist is. We’ve had amazing massages at the PH AUH, but not every time. The facilities at Bulgari with jacuzzis (also in the mixed area, which is rare in the UAE), experience showers, ice dispensers so you can cool yourself down are top notch.

Overall service was excellent and friendly, just to note that we were there in the August summer heat and I think the total number of guests at the resort was around 30 persons.

Value for money, for me FS wins as I can find rates there that are much better than what Bulgari offers.

Absolute luxury, for me Bulgari wins due to the amazing facilities. I think only O&O Palm is on par with that. A nice benefit of the Bulgari is also that you have the restaurants of the FS complex within 2 minutes driving distance. F&B at Bulgari was very good, but not special - I prefer the likes of Coya, Zuma etc. So many choices in Dubai anyway so I think F&B quality / selection doesn’t matter that much.

Feel free to ask questions since my memories are still fresh from today :-)

I’ve done the desert RC in RAK which is decent but suffered massively due to flies all over the room; imagine that while you’re sleeping! And often service mishaps as well at their bars and restaurants. Their restaurant Farmhouse though is oddly my favorite place I’ve eaten at in the UAE.

That said I don’t think there’s a comparison between Bulgari and RC RAK Hamra Beach with the former just being on a completely different level in every aspect. Am staying at the Bulgari currently and it only reinforces my views from my first stay
that’s too funny I’m also at the Bulgari right now... just posted my thoughts above in anticipation of Check out today.

Last edited by RichardInSF; Aug 18, 2018 at 6:29 am Reason: consecutive posts by same member
Old Aug 18, 2018, 8:23 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Thabks for the TR. Any idea why it’s not a Virtuoso partner?
Old Aug 18, 2018, 8:30 am
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
The Bulgari?

Probably because there's a review period during which new Virtuoso applicants are vetted. In the meantime, you should be able to receive STARS amenities at Bulgari Dubai.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by NikonDuser
Absolute luxury, for me Bulgari wins due to the amazing facilities. I think only O&O Palm is on par with that.
Have you stayed at either of the Villas at the O&O Residence? Trying to get a comparison with the O&O Palm villas, which are much easier to get. Not jazzed about staying out on the Palm, but if the product is comparable I might go ahead and suck it up if I cant gwt one of the Residence villas.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 5:25 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by DavidO
The Bulgari?

Probably because there's a review period during which new Virtuoso applicants are vetted. In the meantime, you should be able to receive STARS amenities at Bulgari Dubai.
What is STARS?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.