Community
Wiki Posts
Search

the luxury hotels of Dubai

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2018, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Nizar
one&only the palm website for a junior suite with pool there seems to be no dates available for the next 7 months (until end of June) ? Are they refurbing this room category or something ? Just wanted to see how the rates compare to the Bulgari. Alternatively maybe someone here has stayed in this room category recently ? Are rates still around the AED8,000++ per night mark ?
think they changed it to "please call us to reserve"
as thats what website says for [x] below

21 premier mansion + 24 premier manor
6 double manor + 13 double mansion + (1) accessible
(7) jr pool mansion + 9 jr mansion
[2] exec pool mansion + [2] exec manor + 4 exec mansion
[1] grand + 4 2BR pool villas {villas 22k aed with min stay}

similar at O&O royal mirage residence - 1 2BR pool villa

bvlgari - 20 villas , rates in AED >
13k 1BR beach , 15/17k 2/3BR skyline
19k 2BR beach , 125k 3BR bvlgari
may add 15 3-6BR residence mansions
some rates have already been increased >
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxu...l#post29004001

nearby oberoi also beachfront 1-3BR pool villas

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Dec 4, 2018 at 11:15 am
Old Dec 31, 2018, 9:50 am

Dubai musings...

MO about to hit the market and I have heard from a few people who are opening it, which sounds promising. With a March opening and a few days earlier for select guests, they are quite late to the Dubai party. I might have a look some time next year.

Kempinski have opened another of their ghastly faux 'European' palaces, and the only competition I could think of is Versace Palace, so if this is your thing, you might want to check as rates are modest.

Park Hyatt Dubai management apparently woke up from years of beauty sleep and have decided to change the concept of their gorgeous Arabian palace by the Creek: along with a few new restaurants, they are about to launch the Lagoon in 2019, which is an artificial 100m pool with a man-made beach to go with it. I am a bit skeptical if a fake beach lures the right type of guest to the property, though the investment is certainly welcome. The development is towards the end of the resort area, so I am happy they found a better use for this mostly unused area. For me, the hotel is still amongst the most beautiful in Dubai, as it would be tough to recreate the atmosphere, room count and sprawling park anywhere in Dubai these days... If the owner decided to rebrand the property, I am pretty sure that ADR would be close to double what it is now, purely as the product is so special. Though with all cost cutting and odd management choices, I fear they are headed the different direction. I wonder if this now changes something.

FS still smooth... has anyone stayed at Bulgari recently? Were they able to deliver on their hype?
FlyerEC and JohnRain like this.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 7:57 pm

Programs: Disillusioned Cent
Originally Posted by scented
Dubai musings...

MO about to hit the market and I have heard from a few people who are opening it, which sounds promising. With a March opening and a few days earlier for select guests, they are quite late to the Dubai party. I might have a look some time next year.

Kempinski have opened another of their ghastly faux 'European' palaces, and the only competition I could think of is Versace Palace, so if this is your thing, you might want to check as rates are modest.

Park Hyatt Dubai management apparently woke up from years of beauty sleep and have decided to change the concept of their gorgeous Arabian palace by the Creek: along with a few new restaurants, they are about to launch the Lagoon in 2019, which is an artificial 100m pool with a man-made beach to go with it. I am a bit skeptical if a fake beach lures the right type of guest to the property, though the investment is certainly welcome. The development is towards the end of the resort area, so I am happy they found a better use for this mostly unused area. For me, the hotel is still amongst the most beautiful in Dubai, as it would be tough to recreate the atmosphere, room count and sprawling park anywhere in Dubai these days... If the owner decided to rebrand the property, I am pretty sure that ADR would be close to double what it is now, purely as the product is so special. Though with all cost cutting and odd management choices, I fear they are headed the different direction. I wonder if this now changes something.

FS still smooth... has anyone stayed at Bulgari recently? Were they able to deliver on their hype?
I agree with your take on the different Dubai properties.
Stayed a couple of times at the Bulgari recently and while the hard product and the service are (mostly) great, I don’t like the beach and I think that their (proud) positioning as the city’s most expensive hotel is almost comical as their timing couldn’t have been worse. Dubai is in a sharp recession currently and most hotels suffer, which is especially apparent at the Bulgari as every time I am there it is pretty empty and therefore lacks a soul.
scented likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 9:14 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
We had a stay at the Bulgari recently in December (3rd stay this year). Think things have changed a bit and for the negative:

Hard product: still new and very nice
F&B / service: breakfast restaurant is now a zoo, servers are clearly overwhelmed and there seems to be some turnover with their Italian staff which was what made the place. I would only do room service breakfast and avoid the restaurant. In the evening, their La Spiaggia venue is crowded but not full and they did not have enough staff for everyone and no proactive ness from the staff
Spa: still one of the best in Dubai in terms of talent, products and hard product
Hoseki: still the best in sushi in the UAE

They also seem to have a lot of clientele from China now and menus are in Chinese - this led to us being mis-greeted at times which is awkward because we’re not...

Based on the service lapses, I’ve only planned for my next stay in Dubai at the Four Seasons.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 2:54 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
I'm about ti return to the PH and try the Palazzo Versace as well. Expecting quite the contract. Is the PH 'lagoon' built? I see they are selling rooms facing it as a premium. I have always enjoyed suites with the Creek and Skyline view.

Later I'll stay at the Bulgari. I think armed with the knowledge that the hotel is beautiful, but the service isn't great will help set low expectations.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 3:42 am

Originally Posted by JohnRain
I agree with your take on the different Dubai properties.
Stayed a couple of times at the Bulgari recently and while the hard product and the service are (mostly) great, I don €™t like the beach and I think that their (proud) positioning as the city €™s most expensive hotel is almost comical as their timing couldn €™t have been worse. Dubai is in a sharp recession currently and most hotels suffer, which is especially apparent at the Bulgari as every time I am there it is pretty empty and therefore lacks a soul.
Thank you for this, JohnRain and reigndrop... out of all the new arrivals to the scene it appears Bulgari is more show than substance.

I think the moment of truth for Dubai will come after the Expo 2020...

Originally Posted by m0hamed
I'm about ti return to the PH and try the Palazzo Versace as well. Expecting quite the contract. Is the PH 'lagoon' built? I see they are selling rooms facing it as a premium. I have always enjoyed suites with the Creek and Skyline view.

Later I'll stay at the Bulgari. I think armed with the knowledge that the hotel is beautiful, but the service isn't great will help set low expectations.
Yes the PH Lagoon is finished, they are working on procedures/service there and I am also curious to see it. From what I gather, they hope for a bit of extra revenue from rooms facing the lagoon and F&B down there. Even if I don't like it, it will surely help calm the existing pool area, which is my favorite in Dubai. I always request a Terrace Suite or Skyline facing Suite there, and find it much more calm, compared to FS, which is my usual Dubai home these days. You should be fine if you don't expect too much and as you have a great relationship with Hyatt no doubt they will look after you well.
FlyerEC and BOStonTravels like this.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 2:41 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC

Yes the PH Lagoon is finished, they are working on procedures/service there and I am also curious to see it. From what I gather, they hope for a bit of extra revenue from rooms facing the lagoon and F&B down there. Even if I don't like it, it will surely help calm the existing pool area, which is my favorite in Dubai. I always request a Terrace Suite or Skyline facing Suite there, and find it much more calm, compared to FS, which is my usual Dubai home these days. You should be fine if you don't expect too much and as you have a great relationship with Hyatt no doubt they will look after you well.
I value the oasis of calm that is the PH away from the gaudy glitz of Dubai. All of my stays have been nothing short of exceptional, including the chefs making special requested meals not on the menu.
FlyerEC and scented like this.

Last edited by m0hamed; Jan 1, 2019 at 2:48 pm
Old Jan 2, 2019, 10:42 am
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Dubai musings...

Hmm where the hell did I put my site visit report? I'll have to check.

But basically....FS Jumeirah - nice. MO nearby looks very, very promising. Bulgari - looks all style, no substance. The whole place lacks something - no doubting it is very beautiful and the hard product is beautiful.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 11:01 pm

As reported earlier here on FT. We stayed at the Bulgari and were actually very happy with service and the overall experience. Yes, the beach is not great, but none of the beaches in Dubai are.
As I mentioned earlier as well, I felt the hard product to be nicer than FS, service was almost on par with FS - but value for money, I usually end up getting much better rates at FS than Bulgari. If I could get the Bulgari for the same price as the FS, I would stay at the Bulgari.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 6:04 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by NikonDuser
As reported earlier here on FT. We stayed at the Bulgari and were actually very happy with service and the overall experience. Yes, the beach is not great, but none of the beaches in Dubai are.
As I mentioned earlier as well, I felt the hard product to be nicer than FS, service was almost on par with FS - but value for money, I usually end up getting much better rates at FS than Bulgari. If I could get the Bulgari for the same price as the FS, I would stay at the Bulgari.
unfortunately, service has deteriorated since our stays in August. At the rate buckets your or I can get at FS, it’s a no brained at this point
Old Jan 11, 2019, 8:54 pm

Checked into Palazzo Versace yesterday. All I can say is "Wow." I didn't expect exceptional service but so far it has been incredible. Given the lack of reviews, I'll publish a full one after checkout.
Kilian Zoll and LinLant like this.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 3:57 am

As promised, my detailed review of the Palazzo Versace is here Refined and Elegant with Incredible Service (Palazzo Versace Dubai)

I had more photos but it took me over an hour just to get FT to manage these so gave up!
Old Feb 22, 2019, 3:43 am

Programs: HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Plat
Has anyone checked MO yet? I'll be going in April, and I'm torn between FS and MO. I prefer beach, pool, F&B and hardware over staying in the room 24/7. You think it's worth Club access? Staying 4 nights and treating my sister
Old Feb 22, 2019, 4:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Lambi
Has anyone checked MO yet? I'll be going in April, and I'm torn between FS and MO. I prefer beach, pool, F&B and hardware over staying in the room 24/7. You think it's worth Club access? Staying 4 nights and treating my sister
You should volunteer and do MO for the team!
offerendum likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 5:22 am

Programs: HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Aventine
You should volunteer and do MO for the team!
Haha! My opinions differ so much from the regular luxury hotel lurker, since I'm so relaxed with the soft product (not including F&B and the following service where I've got very high standards).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.