Community
Wiki Posts
Search

the luxury hotels of Dubai

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2019, 6:03 am
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Originally Posted by Lambi
Has anyone checked MO yet? I'll be going in April, and I'm torn between FS and MO. I prefer beach, pool, F&B and hardware over staying in the room 24/7. You think it's worth Club access? Staying 4 nights and treating my sister
My vote would be on FS...always solid and you know what you're going to get
Old Feb 22, 2019, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Haha! My opinions differ so much from the regular luxury hotel lurker, since I'm so relaxed with the soft product (not including F&B and the following service where I've got very high standards).
I would expect teething problems in the beginning in most departments.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 11:12 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Has anyone checked MO yet? I'll be going in April, and I'm torn between FS and MO. I prefer beach, pool, F&B and hardware over staying in the room 24/7. You think it's worth Club access? Staying 4 nights and treating my sister
i had the same conundrum but in March. I ended up going with FS which has always been a winner with me (although I love trying new things!). I’ll take one for the team and try MO this summer on the reduced rates

Last edited by reigndrop; Feb 22, 2019 at 11:17 am
Old Feb 24, 2019, 6:32 am

Originally Posted by gegarrenton
Are the choices in the Marina are pretty much still RC or Grosvenor? I understand Grosvenor may have fallen off a bit, which is a shame, but it's location for the Marina walk can't be beat.
No argument that GH has gone down a few notches in the Dubai luxury market. But for those of us seeking a very lucrative QPR, it is still a top contender. The EL is very well managed by Elson and Sheldon, who can deal with ~ 250 breakfasts and ~ 180 evening reception guests with aplomb, still find time to interact with all. That is an admirable feat in itself. I love their location, and the entire staff in both towers are very sociable and solicitous. While I know it is no longer "exclusive", it ticks enough boxes for me to make it feel like a second or third home away from home.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by flyme2
No argument that GH has gone down a few notches in the Dubai luxury market. But for those of us seeking a very lucrative QPR, it is still a top contender. The EL is very well managed by Elson and Sheldon, who can deal with ~ 250 breakfasts and ~ 180 evening reception guests with aplomb, still find time to interact with all. That is an admirable feat in itself. I love their location, and the entire staff in both towers are very sociable and solicitous. While I know it is no longer "exclusive", it ticks enough boxes for me to make it feel like a second or third home away from home.
GH is still a great value when rates are low and you're getting an Ambassador suite upgrade.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by Aventine
GH is still a great value when rates are low and you're getting an Ambassador suite upgrade.
Between GH and Park Hyatt which one would folks recommend? no status at any of them (gold at Marriott which is worthless) but rate will include breakfast at both. going to dubai for 4nights but mostly doing sight seeing. dont plan to spend a lot of time in the hotel.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by jkm99
Between GH and Park Hyatt which one would folks recommend? no status at any of them (gold at Marriott which is worthless) but rate will include breakfast at both. going to dubai for 4nights but mostly doing sight seeing. dont plan to spend a lot of time in the hotel.
Park Hyatt of course. The walk through the gardens in the morning is rewarding enough.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 11:33 pm

With Dubai being so spread out, if you don't have points status anywhere, then better to choose location close to where you think you'll be spending a lot of your time, to avoid really long taxi rides up and down Sheikh Zayed Rd. Park Hyatt is on the Deira side of Dubai Creek - close to the airport and 'old city' (such as it is) whereas Grosvenor House is about 36km away near Dubai Marina.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 1:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
If you are doing sight seeing then go to a beach resort, try one of the Madinat hotels. You are defeating much of the point of being in Dubai otherwise.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 7:10 am

Originally Posted by Raffles
If you are doing sight seeing then go to a beach resort, try one of the Madinat hotels. You are defeating much of the point of being in Dubai otherwise.
thanks. yeah looked at those hotels but wanted to use points if possible. also this is on the way back from maldives so dont care for beach. As i said i am going to be mainly taking tours (abu dhabhi, safari, burj) and meeting old friends that live in old dubai (but they will pickup so dont have to be in old dubai). i thought abt wa palm but i heard getting in and out of palm is a pain esp on weekends so removed that from list.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 7:13 am

"Park Hyatt of course. The walk through the gardens in the morning is rewarding enough."thanks. thats what i thought.

Last edited by jkm99; Apr 23, 2019 at 7:14 am Reason: quote original message
Old Apr 28, 2019, 11:41 pm

Edit: disregard this post
Old May 25, 2019, 10:44 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Bulgari Dubai appears to have removed the ridiculous prepayment terms from direct bookings. They are still prepay through Virtuoso, it seems.

Anyone know if they sell day passes to the beach or the cabanas are bookable by non hotel guests?
Old May 26, 2019, 3:10 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Bulgari Day Experiences brochure attached, Day passes from 500 AED and Cabanas for 1700 AED. May as well book a lead in room with Virtuoso or STARS
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
Bvlgari Day Experience.pdf (63.3 KB, 55 views)
Old May 26, 2019, 1:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
Originally Posted by m0hamed
Bulgari Dubai appears to have removed the ridiculous prepayment terms from direct bookings. They are still prepay through Virtuoso, it seems.
The reservations team has neglected to change the language in the rate descriptions loaded into the GDS. The GDS listing says there's a 7-day cancel deadline for both Virtuoso and BAR bookings which means we can cancel in Sabre. But it's bothersome...

It makes for more work until they revise the language, but your Virtuoso/STARS agent can likely get this clarified for you prior to your booking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.