Search

the luxury hotels of Dubai

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2017, 3:18 am

Originally Posted by OneFINESTAYlover
- four seasons is never a choice.
that is the most untrue and obnoxious thing I have ever read[/QUOTE]

Why untrue?
Besides washington i cant think of a destination right now where i would pick a four seasons over the alternatives:
London, paris, milan, munich, berlin, new york - would never go to four seasons in any of these cities.
Asia: Aman, peninsula, mandarins
Maldives: cheval blanc, velaa or one and only.
Mauritius: one and only
Seychelles: fregate/north

Etc etc.

Please do tell where I should choose four seasons.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 4:08 am

Originally Posted by Michael82

Why untrue?
Besides washington i cant think of a destination right now where i would pick a four seasons over the alternatives:
London, paris, milan, munich, berlin, new york - would never go to four seasons in any of these cities.
Asia: Aman, peninsula, mandarins
Maldives: cheval blanc, velaa or one and only.
Mauritius: one and only
Seychelles: fregate/north

Etc etc.

Please do tell where I should choose four seasons.
Point taken. You are entitled to your opinion.

Now back to discussing Dubai please.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
munich, berlin
In both cities I´m ready to pay you a stay at a hotel of your choice if you reserve me one night at a hotel which is part of the Four Seasons chain Don´t think I must say more....
tcmb99 likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by offerendum
In both cities I´m ready to pay you a stay at a hotel of your choice if you reserve me one night at a hotel which is part of the Four Seasons chain Don´t think I must say more....
Haha good point 😜😀
Old Nov 13, 2017, 3:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chinmoylad
I think the 1-bedroom beach villas had a rackrate of USD 5,000/night++. I know that's just the 'rack rate' which doesn't mean anything, but I found that absolutely insane.
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
20 villas, 3 nt min
7800 - 13000 [$2,100 - $3,500 1BR beach]
10800 - 16000 [$2,900 - $4,400 2BR skyline]
16800 - 22000 [$4,600 - $6,000 2BR beach]
18800 - 28000 [$5,100 - $7,600 3BR skyline]
75000 - 95000 [$20,400 - $25,900 bvlgari]
does burj have new private beach area?

oberoi zorah is in ajman
other near dubai but more rustic etc >
six senses zighy bay
ras al khaimah RC (former BT, IIRC area developed since opening)
in abu dhabi - anyone heard re zaya nurai island ?

other than front row at zighy bay, its unfortunate so many have categories where view is not guaranteed but varies because of layout. as this is a potential problem on top of aforementioned construction/island view problem. privacy can also be an issue sometimes when view especially ground floor beachfront is completely unobstructed.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Nov 14, 2017 at 8:56 am
Old Nov 13, 2017, 3:07 pm

Programs: QFF, AA, LM, EY
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
in abu dhabi - anyone heard re zaya nurai island ?
I came across this when I was looking at places to stay in AD earlier this year (May).

Going off the website the hard product looks amazing but some reviews I read mentioned atrocious service so I ended up avoiding.

Would be keen to know what those here thought of it though if anyone has stayed.
Old Nov 23, 2017, 9:00 am

The Four Seasons Jumeirah Beach Resort

I just finished a 4 night stay at The Four Seasons Jumeirah Beach Resort and I found it to be outstanding. My Sea View Suite was beautiful and the overall level of service, the food, the facilities and the staff were all excellent. I am a "glass is empty and evaporating rapidly" type of person but I have no complaints at all about this Four Seasons.
When I was leaving, I spoke with the GM Leonardo Baiocchi and he asked me what could be done to improve the property my response was "You can't improve upon perfection."
If anyone has any specific questions about the property I will be happy to try and answer same.
vuittonsofstyle likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2017, 6:34 pm
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Originally Posted by laf747
I just finished a 4 night stay at The Four Seasons Jumeirah Beach Resort and I found it to be outstanding. My Sea View Suite was beautiful and the overall level of service, the food, the facilities and the staff were all excellent. I am a "glass is empty and evaporating rapidly" type of person but I have no complaints at all about this Four Seasons.
When I was leaving, I spoke with the GM Leonardo Baiocchi and he asked me what could be done to improve the property my response was "You can't improve upon perfection."
If anyone has any specific questions about the property I will be happy to try and answer same.

Had a great stay as well. Thought the suites were very nice, spacious and comfortable but nothing to write home about.
Have sent a few clients there...All had positive feedback (all upgraded at booking or on arrival) but many thought the rates were higher than they were expecting.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 2:36 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Nizar
I came across this when I was looking at places to stay in AD earlier this year (May).

Going off the website the hard product looks amazing but some reviews I read mentioned atrocious service so I ended up avoiding.

Would be keen to know what those here thought of it though if anyone has stayed.
would discourage you from staying there. The service is very off and the build quality leaves a lot to be desired. Would recommend the St Regis Saadiyat instead if you want beach and Abu Dhabi
JohnRain likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by reigndrop
would discourage you from staying there. The service is very off and the build quality leaves a lot to be desired. Would recommend the St Regis Saadiyat instead if you want beach and Abu Dhabi
I also enjoyed the St. Regis. I would say the hotel and certainly the beach are a few levels above. The service was ok and not FS level. However, the beach is very nice, large and quiet. I have yet to find a beach in Dubai or Abu Dhabi that I really like.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 12:41 am

I just finished a stay at the new Bulgari Resort in Dubai; have been previously holding off on staying there given it opened in December 2017 and I wanted to give it time to iron out any initial teething issues. I must say, the property is super swank and very lux but not at all gaudy (looking at the Burj here). Colors are soft and neutral and the Arabian influences are limited to non-existent, which I appreciate as an expat UAE resident trying to escape it all for a few days without flying anywhere. The attention to detail is top notch such as small lights where you need it, small vents to keep circulation in the shower and the scent they have pumping around the property is very soothing but not overpowering.

It was a bit warm given it's summer here but we had breakfast on the outdoor balcony for one of the days around 730a and it was very pleasant, private and relaxing - food was also well executed. Did dinner at Hoseki one night (their sushi omakase) and it is the best traditional sushi restaurant in Dubai with a similar price tag to match. I just hope the restaurant can survive Dubai given it's limited seating (18 covers for dinner) and it's not a hype machine like other restaurants. The beach has all the water sports you could imagine, although given the beach is man made I found the sand to be too coarse and not that nice. Beach / poolside guys will always leave you with a bucket of ice chilled waters and an Evian mist bottle.

Service is very discreet but good and they employ a service team with a significant number of Italians! Shoe shine is done by employees trained by Berluti and they have small touches such as a lens cleaning cloth and lens spray given beach / pool time.

I actually liked my stay and escape so much that I've already booked my next two stays (8/2018 and 12/2018) and look forward to using the spa facilities next time. This undoubtedly the best hotel in Dubai that I've stayed at (although FS Jumeirah Beach is very very close behind and the only others worth noting that I need to try are both O&O properties and Burj, the latter of which I have no interest in ever staying at). These are my updated rankings for Dubai hotels below:

Best Bed:
1. Four Seasons Jumeirah Beach or DIFC (you can choose the firmness which is huge plus)
2. Al Maha (not really Dubai) bed is comfortable and must be a King+ size
3. Bulgari
4. Park Hyatt
5. Ritz Carlton DIFC
6. Waldorf Astoria

Best Bedding:
1. Bulgari (crisp yet smooth)
2. Four Seasons Jumeirah Beach or DIFC
3. Al Maha
4. Park Hyatt
5. Ritz Carlton DIFC
6. Waldorf Astoria

Service:
1. Four Seasons Jumeirah Beach or DIFC - remember me by name at both properties, and personal greeting when I role up in my car prior to check-in!
2. Bulgari - discreet and non-intrusive but could be a bit smoother. maybe they'll remember me for next time
3. Ritz Carlton DIFC - picked up a check-in blunder by providing a meal and drinks while waiting for room
4. Park Hyatt
5. Al Maha - employee morale could be a lot better
6. Waldorf Astoria - non-existent service

Beach
1. Four Seasons Jumeirah Beach - smooth fluffly sand
2. Waldorf Astoria - sand on Palm Jumeirah has had time to smooth down after construction
3. Bulgari - a bit coarse but hopefully the same will happen per Palm Jumeirah
n/a. FS DIFC, Al Maha and Park Hyatt

F&B
1. Four Seasons Jumeirah Beach - you have the restaurant village with Jean George, Nusret, Coya, etc. and FS restaurants. late night room service is very limited though
2. Bulgari - have the typical Bulgari restaurants, all very fresh and done extremely well. Also have Hoseki which is the best Japanese sushi experience in the city. room service menu is available all-day which is nice if you want a real snack or meal at 2a (applicable for those travelling)
3. Park Hyatt - quite a few restaurants and their Friday brunch has a massive seafood spread. massive room service menu that was really good
4. Four Seasons DIFC - small collection of restaurants but flawless execution. very fun rooftop bar. good room service breakfast, late night menu is limited
5. Ritz Carlton DIFC - there is now Le Cirque and Cafe Belge but other restaurants are pretty forgettable. Sunken Garden is great for shisha. strong bent in room service menu towards Indian / Middle Eastern food which reflects their clientele but needs more options
6. Waldorf Astoria - no memorable restaurants, drinks were weak and breakfast buffet is like eating at Disneyland during lunch complete zoo and mess. room service was surprisingly good (Indian curry and English pie)

Hard Product (i.e. facilities, bathroom, gym, pool, etc.)
1. Bulgari - great looking spa, modern but refreshing architecture and no kids running around. all furniture is well thought out and blends with everything in the hotel. location is incredible and provides a lot of privacy. Only 121 rooms including villas. light leakage came from the bathroom given bathroom window
2. Four Seasons Jumeirah - massive spa and arabesque feel to it. also very clean and modern. larger at 237 rooms which detracts from the privacy a bit. lot of trees and greenery, island resort feel
3. Four Seasons DIFC - city hotel, very modern and great rooftop pool. light and switches all logically laid out, blackout curtains are not full blackout though, lots of light leakager
4. Park Hyatt - was in a Royal Suite so had light coming from everywhere... massive room but very tired overall. massive gap between 3 and 4 to the point that it's uncomparable
5. Waldorf Astoria - big and generic, nothing memorable; dirty rooms, stained bathtub...
6. Ritz-Carlton - hotel is a bit tired and needs a bit of a refresh. great blackout curtains though, could pass for nighttime during the day

If you read my rankings above, it looks like FS Jumeirah is the top, which it undoubtedly could be but given my recent stays there and the fact that I live in the UAE, I found the Bulgari incredibly refreshing, non-local architecture and swank which is why I'm giving it the slight nod - this in no way detracts from the FS given my relationship there and quality product they're providing.

I look forward to trying the O&O (particularly the one on the Palm) when it's more pleasant out given the outdoor space and will report back. It's probably no coincidence that the O&O the Palm, Four Seasons Jumeirah Beach and (newly) the Bulgari consistently command the highest rates in Dubai (excluding Burj), the latter two of which provide an exceptional experience that resonates. There is also the Madinat Jumeirah hotels to check-out as well but given I'm a creature of habit and how hard it was for me to bite the bullet on trying the Bulgari instead of FS, it'll take me awhile to get to those.

If anyone is in the UAE and needs spa recommendations in Abu Dhabi or hotel recommendations in the UAE, feel free to DM me. Hope this is helpful, please excuse all typos
callmedtop likes this.

Last edited by reigndrop; Jul 16, 2018 at 1:26 am
Old Jul 16, 2018, 5:17 am

Programs: QFF, AA, LM, EY
Originally Posted by reigndrop
I just finished a stay at the new Bulgari Resort in Dubai; have been previously holding off on staying there given it opened in December 2017 and I wanted to give it time to iron out any initial teething issues. I must say, the property is super swank and very lux but not at all gaudy (looking at the Burj here). Colors are soft and neutral and the Arabian influences are limited to non-existent, which I appreciate as an expat UAE resident trying to escape it all for a few days without flying anywhere. The attention to detail is top notch such as small lights where you need it, small vents to keep circulation in the shower and the scent they have pumping around the property is very soothing but not overpowering.

It was a bit warm given it's summer here but we had breakfast on the outdoor balcony for one of the days around 730a and it was very pleasant, private and relaxing - food was also well executed. Did dinner at Hoseki one night (their sushi omakase) and it is the best traditional sushi restaurant in Dubai with a similar price tag to match. I just hope the restaurant can survive Dubai given it's limited seating (18 covers for dinner) and it's not a hype machine like other restaurants. The beach has all the water sports you could imagine, although given the beach is man made I found the sand to be too coarse and not that nice. Beach / poolside guys will always leave you with a bucket of ice chilled waters and an Evian mist bottle.

Service is very discreet but good and they employ a service team with a significant number of Italians! Shoe shine is done by employees trained by Berluti and they have small touches such as a lens cleaning cloth and lens spray given beach / pool time.

I actually liked my stay and escape so much that I've already booked my next two stays (8/2018 and 12/2018) and look forward to using the spa facilities next time. This undoubtedly the best hotel in Dubai that I've stayed at (although FS Jumeirah Beach is very very close behind and the only others worth noting that I need to try are both O&O properties and Burj, the latter of which I have no interest in ever staying at). These are my updated rankings for Dubai hotels below:

Best Bed:
1. Four Seasons Jumeirah Beach or DIFC (you can choose the firmness which is huge plus)
2. Al Maha (not really Dubai) bed is comfortable and must be a King+ size
3. Bulgari
4. Park Hyatt
5. Ritz Carlton DIFC
6. Waldorf Astoria

Best Bedding:
1. Bulgari (crisp yet smooth)
2. Four Seasons Jumeirah Beach or DIFC
3. Al Maha
4. Park Hyatt
5. Ritz Carlton DIFC
6. Waldorf Astoria

Service:
1. Four Seasons Jumeirah Beach or DIFC - remember me by name at both properties, and personal greeting when I role up in my car prior to check-in!
2. Bulgari - discreet and non-intrusive but could be a bit smoother. maybe they'll remember me for next time
3. Ritz Carlton DIFC - picked up a check-in blunder by providing a meal and drinks while waiting for room
4. Park Hyatt
5. Al Maha - employee morale could be a lot better
6. Waldorf Astoria - non-existent service

Beach
1. Four Seasons Jumeirah Beach - smooth fluffly sand
2. Waldorf Astoria - sand on Palm Jumeirah has had time to smooth down after construction
3. Bulgari - a bit coarse but hopefully the same will happen per Palm Jumeirah
n/a. FS DIFC, Al Maha and Park Hyatt

F&B
1. Four Seasons Jumeirah Beach - you have the restaurant village with Jean George, Nusret, Coya, etc. and FS restaurants. late night room service is very limited though
2. Bulgari - have the typical Bulgari restaurants, all very fresh and done extremely well. Also have Hoseki which is the best Japanese sushi experience in the city. room service menu is available all-day which is nice if you want a real snack or meal at 2a (applicable for those travelling)
3. Park Hyatt - quite a few restaurants and their Friday brunch has a massive seafood spread. massive room service menu that was really good
4. Four Seasons DIFC - small collection of restaurants but flawless execution. very fun rooftop bar. good room service breakfast, late night menu is limited
5. Ritz Carlton DIFC - there is now Le Cirque and Cafe Belge but other restaurants are pretty forgettable. Sunken Garden is great for shisha. strong bent in room service menu towards Indian / Middle Eastern food which reflects their clientele but needs more options
6. Waldorf Astoria - no memorable restaurants, drinks were weak and breakfast buffet is like eating at Disneyland during lunch complete zoo and mess. room service was surprisingly good (Indian curry and English pie)

Hard Product (i.e. facilities, bathroom, gym, pool, etc.)
1. Bulgari - great looking spa, modern but refreshing architecture and no kids running around. all furniture is well thought out and blends with everything in the hotel. location is incredible and provides a lot of privacy. Only 121 rooms including villas. light leakage came from the bathroom given bathroom window
2. Four Seasons Jumeirah - massive spa and arabesque feel to it. also very clean and modern. larger at 237 rooms which detracts from the privacy a bit. lot of trees and greenery, island resort feel
3. Four Seasons DIFC - city hotel, very modern and great rooftop pool. light and switches all logically laid out, blackout curtains are not full blackout though, lots of light leakager
4. Park Hyatt - was in a Royal Suite so had light coming from everywhere... massive room but very tired overall. massive gap between 3 and 4 to the point that it's uncomparable
5. Waldorf Astoria - big and generic, nothing memorable; dirty rooms, stained bathtub...
6. Ritz-Carlton - hotel is a bit tired and needs a bit of a refresh. great blackout curtains though, could pass for nighttime during the day

If you read my rankings above, it looks like FS Jumeirah is the top, which it undoubtedly could be but given my recent stays there and the fact that I live in the UAE, I found the Bulgari incredibly refreshing, non-local architecture and swank which is why I'm giving it the slight nod - this in no way detracts from the FS given my relationship there and quality product they're providing.

I look forward to trying the O&O (particularly the one on the Palm) when it's more pleasant out given the outdoor space and will report back. It's probably no coincidence that the O&O the Palm, Four Seasons Jumeirah Beach and (newly) the Bulgari consistently command the highest rates in Dubai (excluding Burj), the latter two of which provide an exceptional experience that resonates. There is also the Madinat Jumeirah hotels to check-out as well but given I'm a creature of habit and how hard it was for me to bite the bullet on trying the Bulgari instead of FS, it'll take me awhile to get to those.

If anyone is in the UAE and needs spa recommendations in Abu Dhabi or hotel recommendations in the UAE, feel free to DM me. Hope this is helpful, please excuse all typos
Thanks for your thoughts on the bulgari, I was just about to ask and see if anyone had stayed there.
Seems like its worth a visit.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 2:28 am

Ive stayed at the Bulgari as well.
currently the best hotel in dubai in my opinion...

excited for mandarin oriental opening in 2019...
sandeep.thilakan likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 3:42 am

Ive stayed at the Bulgari as well.
currently the best hotel in dubai in my opinion...

excited for mandarin oriental opening in 2019...
It'll be hard to pry me from the Bulgari but I will give the MO a shot a few months after it opens as well given very good prior experiences in Bangkok and Guangzhou. It looks like they're adding overwater villas as well which could have some potential
Old Jul 17, 2018, 11:15 am

I really disliked the manmade beach at Bulgari and found the overall design to be very bland, although the service is certainly good. If you live in UAE and want a great beach experience, then IMHO, you cannot do better than The Oberoi Al Zorah, which is only 30 mins drive from Dubai airport, in Ajman. Huge, natural white sand beach, super comfortable suites and villas and excellent food. I am also a fan of FS Jumeirah Beach.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.