Reload this Page >

the luxury hotels of Dubai

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

the luxury hotels of Dubai

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2024, 8:45 am

I heard that The Lana is of superb quality… handpicked team and really gorgeous product. Hopefully we’ll get some reviews soon. Better than the new O&O… but prices are bit over the top in Dubai in general. I agree the location is purely business - it is priced like a beach resort.
Old Feb 13, 2024, 5:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

oneandonlyresorts.com/one-zaabeel/accommodation/signature-suites/skyline-loft
oneandonlyresorts.com/one-zaabeel/accommodation/villa-one
Old Feb 16, 2024, 12:25 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Accor Diamond, BA Gold, QR Plat
I stayed at the One & Only Zabeel last month and checked into the Lana, Dorchester on their opening day.

O&O was good, but it felt a bit weird, i.e., like staying in an office tower that happens to have a few hotel rooms to sell. Complicated journey from entrance to the actual room. Service was inconsistent - ranging from great in some outlets to average in others. The rooms itself were stunning though - beautiful, high-quality interior and the communication with guest services was easy & efficient through WhatsApp. They definitely need to improve the consistency though and give the property a bit of an identity, so one actually feels like staying at an O&O hotel.

The Lana, Dorchester actually became my new favorite hotel. Of course, it was the opening day, so it remains to be seen if they can keep the standard up. But I am quite confident they will because they have an amazing team working there. Service was top-notch, hardware was stunning and the attention to detail excellent. Location could be an issue for some, I live in Dubai, so I wasn’t bothered.
Old Feb 18, 2024, 7:21 am

Thanks for the report.

Would be interested to see how the room rate at The Lana evolves as we get into the summer period. I'm not really sure whether I'm ready to pay the rates they are currently charging for a city hotel in Business Bay.

O&O rates become very reasonable during Ramadan, as low as 1400 + tax, so I am looking forward to trying it in the next month or so, as the team gets more settled in.
Old Feb 19, 2024, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by stargold
Thanks for the report.

Would be interested to see how the room rate at The Lana evolves as we get into the summer period. I'm not really sure whether I'm ready to pay the rates they are currently charging for a city hotel in Business Bay.

O&O rates become very reasonable during Ramadan, as low as 1400 + tax, so I am looking forward to trying it in the next month or so, as the team gets more settled in.
I see the Lana rates are dropping to 1700+ (Dirhams) in summer months, which is still high seasonally.

I do think rates will drop eventually. The hotel is brilliant, but 5k for an entry-level room is very ambitious considering the location.

I would give the O&O another chance, but when I remember the elevator ride, I already get exhausted. For example, to get from my room to the Garden Pool, I had to take an elevator from my room level (44) to the residential lobby (52 I think it was). Change to an elevator from residential lobby to the hotel lobby (26). Change there to another elevator taking me to the ground floor. Change again for an elevator from GF to level 4.
Old Feb 22, 2024, 2:23 pm

Raffles The Palm has been my favorite ever since it opened (used to be Emerald Palace Kempinski)
Afternoon tea with the live piano is truly superb.
I’ve always been upgraded to the suite, rooms are beautiful, quality and the service is amazing too. If something isn’t on the menu they’ll make it for you!
Old Feb 22, 2024, 7:12 pm

Programs: Krisflyer PPS, SPG, Hyatt GoldPassport, Shangri-la Golden Circle, British Airways ExecClub
Originally Posted by scented
I heard that The Lana is of superb quality… handpicked team and really gorgeous product. Hopefully we’ll get some reviews soon. Better than the new O&O… but prices are bit over the top in Dubai in general. I agree the location is purely business - it is priced like a beach resort.
I am trying out the Lana next month. I expected it to be nothing short of top class. Will report back.
Old Feb 23, 2024, 3:56 am

Originally Posted by Linri
Raffles The Palm has been my favorite ever since it opened (used to be Emerald Palace Kempinski)
Afternoon tea with the live piano is truly superb.
I’ve always been upgraded to the suite, rooms are beautiful, quality and the service is amazing too. If something isn’t on the menu they’ll make it for you!
My only issue with this property is the hard product... don't think I could stand the gold for more than 2 hours.
Old Feb 24, 2024, 1:18 am

Programs: Too many...and an Amanjunkie
Originally Posted by scented
My only issue with this property is the hard product... don't think I could stand the gold for more than 2 hours.
Second that. The reviews are consistently great but the decor would make me run.
Old Apr 6, 2024, 11:24 pm

Programs: Krisflyer PPS, SPG, Hyatt GoldPassport, Shangri-la Golden Circle, British Airways ExecClub
Atlantis the Royal Dubai

I was at the new Atlantis The Royal ( the more upscale version of the Atlantis, not to confuse with Atlantis the Palm ) for dinner and took the opportunity to tour the hotel room and facilities and share some photos here. Despite being market as an upscale luxury property, the hotel 800+ rooms and huge crowds at the public areas kind of call into question this. It's really more like an all in one resort.

I asked the reception staff if they can show me one of the room and I was shown what I believe is their standard rooms facing the Palm Jumeraih, which is quite large with sitting area and walk-in closet.

Overall, room is top class finish if a bit too bling ... they even have gold plate bathroom amenities

But the best part of the room is probably the view, really panoramic and overlook the Palm.

And the huge lobby is also impressive, deck out in full marble and a live aquarium.

There's also a club lounge, call the Royal Club Lounge which is the largest I have ever seen in my travels. For drinkers, it serve free flow wine and champagne througout the day, and not just during evening cocktails.

Will I stay here? Probably not, ok maybe one night for the novelty factor and the view but that's also a big question mark. The problem is not that the hotel is not luxurious enough, it's the crowd that is here, both visiting and staying guests. Everyone, or at least a large majority of them, seems to be obsessed with ostentatious display of wealth, with full gold and diamond watches, jewellery, logo covered clothings and Hermes birkin bags or similar luxury bags. And also ladies in super tall high heels and very revealing clothing. Also some guests have no etiquette at all, freely walking through the public lobby in their swim suits and bath towels. 🤦🏼‍♂️ It's also too very crowded at most times especially the lobby and gets worst in the evening, with more than it's fair share of seedy characters. I supposed none of the regulars in this forum will find this particularly appealing. Just my personal opinion and YMMV.

I am now staying at the Lana and will share some photos later.

Last edited by BENLEE; Apr 6, 2024 at 11:32 pm
Old Apr 7, 2024, 2:18 pm

I stayed at the Royal Atlantis last month (March). It wasn’t bad, but far from a luxurious experience. Most staff seemed inexperienced and service was impersonal. I went up to Cloud 22 for which I had to pay a 450 AED entrance fee even as in-house guest, and I left after 20 minutes. It was 4 PM but it was packed with drunk people with obnoxious behavior and spilling drinks in the pool (they had those floating things so people can take their drinks inside the pool). I didn’t expect this to be a tranquil place with people reading books, but…I didn’t expect such a trashy crowd either. The pool downstairs for in-house guests had a normal crowd, but was quite shallow and too small proportional to the whole area and the many sun loungers.

The SPA was amazing (one of the best SPA experiences I had in Dubai) and the food at Milos & Gastronomy was excellent. But that doesn’t make it worth staying at the hotel at the current price range.

The Lana is #1 for me in Dubai and the others don’t come even close to it now.
Old Apr 18, 2024, 8:19 am

The Lana Dorchester Dubai

This is a fabulously beautiful hotel but still working out the kinks.

First is the view. Mesmersizing...

In the morning...

and absolutely dazzling at night

now how about some panoramic shots?

Food is great too. Highlight for me is the King crab salad in the Gallery. The lettuce taste really fresh and I am not even a vege person.

Morning breakfast with some really fluffy pastries.

finally the rooms are of course super nice. Palatial and luxurious in contemporary style.

and the bathroom

I wrote a Tripadvisor Review detailing my thoughts. You can read it here :

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUser..._of_Dubai.html

Thanks ! 🥂
offerendum likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2024, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by BENLEE
Beautiful pictures and stunning view from your suite. Makes me miss dubai and her sunsets! but 5000aed no gym or spa facilities? that's tough to swallow.
Old Apr 18, 2024, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by bigdog2
Beautiful pictures and stunning view from your suite. Makes me miss dubai and her sunsets! but 5000aed no gym or spa facilities? that's tough to swallow.
Or beach...
Old Apr 20, 2024, 3:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by BENLEE
finally the rooms are of course super nice
This is anything but a matter of course, especially in Dubai

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.