the luxury hotels of Dubai

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

the luxury hotels of Dubai

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2022, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by shoonye
Thank you that's very helpful. Are the terrace suites at the PH anything special? Leaning a bit towards the PH due to proximity to old Dubai where i think we may spend a fair bit of time.
Originally Posted by m0hamed
PH DXB is less modern, but I still prefer it.

It's a little remote as it's located in a gated upscale residential village alongside the Marina and Golf Course. It takes a few minutes from the main gate to drive to the hotel entrance. I find this an oasis of calm in a city of glitz and glamour.

The Terraces are quite large and both the Pool and fake beach, aka Lagoon, are very inviting.
The PH Dubai Marina is actually located very close to a Dubai Metro station, but I doubt most FTers are keen on taking the Metro there. I spoke to several DXB expats who told me that after being in DXB for several years, they have never taken the Metro. I tried taking it and it seems to be at max capacity all the time. Very crowded, even in the premium carriage. I too, found the hotel to have a serene and exclusive resort vibe and I enjoyed it. The fake beach pool is very nice. It wasn't so crowded the last I stayed, but that may have changed now. The hotel is generous with their hospitality experience.

Side note, anyone stay at the Sofitel Dubai The Obelisk? Last I checked the room rates were quite low and it presented very good value.
obscure2k likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 5:21 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Accor Diamond, BA Gold, QR Plat
Originally Posted by bigdog2
The PH Dubai Marina is actually located very close to a Dubai Metro station, but I doubt most FTers are keen on taking the Metro there. I spoke to several DXB expats who told me that after being in DXB for several years, they have never taken the Metro. I tried taking it and it seems to be at max capacity all the time. Very crowded, even in the premium carriage. I too, found the hotel to have a serene and exclusive resort vibe and I enjoyed it. The fake beach pool is very nice. It wasn't so crowded the last I stayed, but that may have changed now. The hotel is generous with their hospitality experience.

Side note, anyone stay at the Sofitel Dubai The Obelisk? Last I checked the room rates were quite low and it presented very good value.
Sofitel Obelisk is a shambles. Service was extremely poor when I stayed there in February & April - most of the staff appeared untrained, everything took ages and management seemed to be hiding. Perhaps things function better when they have a lower occupancy rate, but I am not keen to find out. It’s a shame as the hotel itself is lovely.

would recommend heading to the Raffles across the road instead, been going there for 2 years now and only had amazing experiences. I’m not sure when exactly you are going, but rates are quite reasonable right now until end of September.
obscure2k and bigdog2 like this.
Old Aug 19, 2022, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by CanaryWharf
Sofitel Obelisk is a shambles. Service was extremely poor when I stayed there in February & April - most of the staff appeared untrained, everything took ages and management seemed to be hiding. Perhaps things function better when they have a lower occupancy rate, but I am not keen to find out. It’s a shame as the hotel itself is lovely.

would recommend heading to the Raffles across the road instead, been going there for 2 years now and only had amazing experiences. I’m not sure when exactly you are going, but rates are quite reasonable right now until end of September.
Also stayed here earlier this year, because of the cheap rate. The hotel was very nice (its new) and I think the breakfast was fantastic. We had a club room and the club was okay but the service and attentiveness in general was not that good. I did expect it to be better since its a lot of Raffles employees who changed over, but maybe just the bad ones did..

The pool area was a let down. The pool is quite small and there is not a lot of sunbeds. Some people got really angry because of sunbed saving and it became a big thing.

Its okay for the price but we will not be staying there again.
Old Sep 3, 2022, 1:32 am

Programs: Krisflyer PPS, SPG, Hyatt GoldPassport, Shangri-la Golden Circle, British Airways ExecClub
Any one has any recent stay experience at the One & Only Mirage esp at the higher tie Residence & Spa wing? I was recommended this property by my travel agent.
Old Nov 4, 2022, 2:30 pm

Atlantis, The Royal is accepting reservations for stays from March 4th. Rates are at par with the big three with rooms starting 3000 AED, I hope that they deliver a similar experience.
Old Nov 4, 2022, 4:18 pm

Programs: QFF, AA, LM, EY
Originally Posted by sandeep.thilakan
Rates are at par with the big three with rooms starting 3000 AED, I hope that they deliver a similar experience.
Who are the big 3 again ?
Old Nov 4, 2022, 10:30 pm

Originally Posted by Nizar
Who are the big 3 again ?
FS, MO and Bulgari
Old Nov 5, 2022, 1:10 am

Atlantis, The Royal is accepting reservations for stays from March 4th. Rates are at par with the big three with rooms starting 3000 AED, I hope that they deliver a similar experience.
Thanks for the update!

Frankly I doubt it, considering 700+ rooms… think rates will need a slight adjustment going forward. But who knows, given it’s Dubai..

A return stay to FS Dubai has been on the cards for too long now, need to make it happen but with so many places opening up the last year post Covid, this was much more tempting.
Old Nov 5, 2022, 2:59 am

The big three is charging 8000AED per night for standard rooms at the moment, although I haven't checked March next year. Standard rooms without a sea view.

The Dubai market has gone utterly crazy.
Old Nov 5, 2022, 3:02 am

Originally Posted by scented
Thanks for the update!

Frankly I doubt it, considering 700+ rooms… think rates will need a slight adjustment going forward. But who knows, given it’s Dubai..

A return stay to FS Dubai has been on the cards for too long now, need to make it happen but with so many places opening up the last year post Covid, this was much more tempting.
I share your thoughts regarding the rate adjustment, particularly given Dubai’s luxury hotels pipeline and Doha’s reemergence as a luxury destination.
Old Dec 29, 2022, 2:09 am

Programs: Some
My first stay at the Park Hyatt largely on the basis of all the positive reviews here (and also it being about 1/3 of the insane prices of FS, MO etc. over NYE…).

Rooms are a bit dated but have to say I’m really liking it so far, great service, beautiful suite overlooking the Creek and the pool area is a peaceful oasis despite high occupancy (presumably because there are now two lagoons where most guests have gone instead). Dare I say it actually feels OK value in the current insane Dubai hotel pricing environment where even low end five star properties are silly prices.

Presumably still having supply issues with toiletries as L’Occitane in my room.
Old Dec 29, 2022, 11:21 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
FS, MO and Bulgari
I think of it as dubais golden triangle of hotels given their proximity to each other lol
Old Dec 29, 2022, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
My first stay at the Park Hyatt largely on the basis of all the positive reviews here (and also it being about 1/3 of the insane prices of FS, MO etc. over NYE…).

Rooms are a bit dated but have to say I’m really liking it so far, great service, beautiful suite overlooking the Creek and the pool area is a peaceful oasis despite high occupancy (presumably because there are now two lagoons where most guests have gone instead). Dare I say it actually feels OK value in the current insane Dubai hotel pricing environment where even low end five star properties are silly prices.

Presumably still having supply issues with toiletries as L’Occitane in my room.
This PH has always been somewhat of an outlier when it comes to toiletries. Never using Le Labo.
Old Dec 31, 2022, 9:15 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Any recent stays at Raffles Dubai (the one near the Financial District, not The Palm), the Park Hyatt, or the FS Financial District? I'm looking at one of those as they're already sub $500/ night on AMEX FHR vs. some of the other properties.
Old Jan 1, 2023, 2:18 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by MarkP24
Any recent stays at Raffles Dubai (the one near the Financial District, not The Palm), the Park Hyatt, or the FS Financial District? I'm looking at one of those as they're already sub $500/ night on AMEX FHR vs. some of the other properties.
See my post above…

I was also at FS DIFC for a few nights last year and rate that highly, probably the best hotel I’ve found in Dubai in terms of service, breakfast quality and room hard product. I would generally expect FS DIFC to price above the Park Hyatt so if they are around the same price it is arguably better value. Be aware it is very different in style to Park Hyatt and Raffles, though, which are both effectively resort hotels in Dubai whilst FS DIFC is a city hotel in the financial district. You have access to the resort facilities at the other FS which is very nice, but requires a 15-20 minute taxi ride. I think it depends what you are in Dubai for as to which is better. Raffles I’ve visited but never stayed so reserve judgment on that one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.