Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Luxury Tour of India: Thoughts on these hotels?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Luxury Tour of India: Thoughts on these hotels?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2023, 2:13 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist; AA EP; Hilton Gold
Sharing some pictures of the Oberoi Delhi after a recent 5-night stay. I booked a Premier Room and Luxury Room direct with Oberoi - the Luxury Room was upgraded to a Premier Room. The hotel was fully booked and was popular with locals for the restaurants add bars.

The hard product is what you’d expect for a luxury city hotel (Toto toilets, brand new build with iPad controls over lights, etc), good amenities (menu of 8 pillow types, Forest Essentials (premium Ayurveda brand) toiletries), spa was well reviewed by my parents), food and beverage quality was good, and the service level, as typical of Oberoi, is outstanding.

Did not include pictures of breakfast but it was a very broad, high-quality buffet with a robust a la carte menu of Western, Asian, and Indian specialties.

The hotel is ~30 minutes from the airport and very centrally located being especially close to Khan Market (Delhi’s upscale shopping district), various must-see Mughal monuments (Humayun’s Tomb, Safdarjung’s Tomb, etc), and the Diplomatic Enclave / government offices.

Would happily stay here again in Delhi.

Art installation at the entrance prior to the lobby

The lobby, check-in desk, concierge, and cashier

Club Bar - there is also a rooftop bar that I did not visit due to the current pollution but would be a nice spot between Feb-Sept

Seating area

Complementary food item to commemorate New Years provided at turndown

Last edited by norcalfiend; Dec 31, 2023 at 2:19 pm
Old Dec 31, 2023, 3:15 pm

Anyone have any updated thoughts on Chennai? Is Leela still the best option?
Old Jan 1, 2024, 11:13 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by kurl
Anyone have any updated thoughts on Chennai? Is Leela still the best option?
Haven't stayed there but heard good things about ITC Grand Chola. Leela would be more luxurious though yea.
Old Mar 8, 2024, 8:41 am

Anybody have opinions about hotels in Bangalore?

I'll be there for 3 nights and currently have a reservation at the Four Seasons but I'm considering cancelling it and booking at the Taj West End. Anybody able to compare the two?

The reason I booked the Four Seasons is mainly because of their bar, Copitas, it's supposed to be amazing but it looks like Taj West End is in a better location for everything else in Bangalore.

I guess I should add to this too, see any opinions about my other hotels I've booked in India.

I'll be starting in Bangalore, then going to Udaipur and staying at the Leela Palace. Onto Jaipur and the RAAS Rajmahal Palace, then the Oberoi in Agra and finally The Imperial in Delhi.

Last edited by siege101; Mar 8, 2024 at 8:59 am
Old Mar 8, 2024, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by siege101
Anybody have opinions about hotels in Bangalore?

I'll be there for 3 nights and currently have a reservation at the Four Seasons but I'm considering cancelling it and booking at the Taj West End. Anybody able to compare the two?

The reason I booked the Four Seasons is mainly because of their bar, Copitas, it's supposed to be amazing but it looks like Taj West End is in a better location for everything else in Bangalore.

I guess I should add to this too, see any opinions about my other hotels I've booked in India.

I'll be starting in Bangalore, then going to Udaipur and staying at the Leela Palace. Onto Jaipur and the RAAS Rajmahal Palace, then the Oberoi in Agra and finally The Imperial in Delhi.
I haven't experienced Taj West End but the Four Seasons is a solid option in Bangalore. Closer to the airport, great service, nice hard product with an urban resort setting.

Udaivilas used to be the top choice in Udaipur, but I think Raffles Udaipur is now a formidable contender for the top spot there. Amarvilas clearly the best option in Agra, and the Imperial seems to have improved a lot under Louis Sailer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.