Best hotel in Panama City?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best hotel in Panama City?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2016, 8:19 am

Programs: SK Diamond *G
Just spent the weekend at Bristol (LHW) as American Trade, my usual go-to, was fully booked. It is definitely the best hotel in the financial part of town - miles ahead of both WA and Trump IMO. Solid service, great restaurant, tasteful rooms and good construction quality which is a rarity in Panama.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 8:23 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Ezeiza
Just spent the weekend at Bristol (LHW) as American Trade, my usual go-to, was fully booked. It is definitely the best hotel in the financial part of town - miles ahead of both WA and Trump IMO. Solid service, great restaurant, tasteful rooms and good construction quality which is a rarity in Panama.
Agree.

It's AHT then Bristol. No others are even slightly acceptable.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 9:47 am

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT 2MM, DL Lifetime GM 2MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, HH Diamond, IHG Amb Diamond
While I won't suggest it is in the same category as the ones mentioned, I enjoyed the Grace Panama, a very friendly boutique hotel with a wonderful modern look and feel.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 9:10 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, AA 2.0 MM, DL Plat, Hertz Plat, LY Gold
Have read about upcoming Ritz Reserve and Viceroy under development, but anything new open recently in Panama?
Old Jan 20, 2018, 10:06 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Many
have to add that my stay at the Trump was not very good. The rooms are in bad shape and the aircon barely works. Was very disappointed.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 4:55 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
Looks like the Trump and the Waldorf are the best. What's your pick.
I’m waiting for the W. I’d prefer edge in a town like this. The W Bogota and W Punta Mita were spectacular, so I’m optimistic.

There’s no no way I ever will stay at a Trump property, not even considering the subpar reviews of this often poorly rated example. I’m a proud American who would like to keep me Great by never staying at or associating with any Trump hotel.

I’ve never been a big fan of Waldorf Astoria, though the Chicago property is fine. I just don’t expect a lot.

Last edited by bhrubin; Jan 23, 2018 at 8:33 pm
Old Jan 23, 2018, 7:51 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Explorist; Bonvoy Platinum
Stayed at The Bristol in 2016 for a few nights and it was more than serviceable. The location in the banking district was convenient and the front desk/staff/concierge were very good too. And the on-site restaurant Salsipuedes was excellent!
Old Oct 22, 2018, 12:42 am
Original Member

Planning a return to my homeland, have not been back since 1975.

Would stay three nights at the Balboa Inn, which is six blocks from where my home was (gone now). So, no matter that it is not luxury. https://www.balboainnpanama.com/es-ar

Three nights in Panama City -- what are best lodgings in Casco Viejo ... yes they won't be luxe. Otherwise, How is The Bristol these days?

Thence to the highlands in Boquete for a week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.