FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Luxury Hotels and Travel (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxury-hotels-travel-220/)
-   -   Best hotel in Panama City? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxury-hotels-travel/1715460-best-hotel-panama-city.html)

GetSetJetSet Oct 8, 2015 4:25 pm

Best hotel in Panama City?

Looks like the Trump and the Waldorf are the best. What's your pick.

pricesquire Oct 8, 2015 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet (Post 25537903)
Looks like the Trump and the Waldorf are the best. What's your pick.

American Trade.

SojournsOf Oct 8, 2015 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by pricesquire (Post 25538167)
American Trade.

I'm trying this next year. Looks great.

GetSetJetSet Oct 8, 2015 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by pricesquire (Post 25538167)
American Trade.

The rooms don't look very nice online.

pricesquire Oct 8, 2015 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet (Post 25538269)
The rooms don't look very nice online.

To each his/her own I guess, but I must say, this is (by far) the most well-reviewed PTY hotel in our entire company.

I've had trusted and well-traveled friends fall head over heels in love with the style of this place.

jerry a. laska Oct 8, 2015 6:43 pm

See also:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxur...mp-panama.html

Pausanias Oct 9, 2015 8:07 am

I didn't stay at the American Trade in March this year - more's the pity - but I did have a good look around and had an absolutely stunning lunch in their restaurant. If you are on business it might be a bit out of the way but the old city is bursting with character and life. I loved the look of this place. And who seriously would want to stay anywhere associated with Trump?

pricesquire Oct 9, 2015 8:38 am

Originally Posted by Pausanias (Post 25540147)
I didn't stay at the American Trade in March this year - more's the pity - but I did have a good look around and had an absolutely stunning lunch in their restaurant. If you are on business it might be a bit out of the way but the old city is bursting with character and life. I loved the look of this place. And who seriously would want to stay anywhere associated with Trump?

+1000

cruisr Oct 9, 2015 8:49 am

As someone who use to own a condo in PTY and has been there many many times I am pretty familiar with the market. I do not like the location of the Trump property at all. Very sterile, surrounded by other high rise condos. The view is not that great either. I did visit friends there and was underwhelmed.

I adore the American Trade Hotel. While I did not stay there I did a site inspection with the sales manager. its gorgeous. the pool is small but it will keep you cool. I love the location though it gets crowded and noisy at night but then again you are in the center of the old city.

For old world I also liked the Bristol. For points use the Waldorf.

There are amazing restaurants in Panama City also.

Big Mac Oct 14, 2015 8:32 am

Stayed at the American Trade this July and I highly recommend it (way better than the Trump I might say).

Service was very good, from the doormen to the front desk to the cleaning ladies. Everyone was always friendly (not the forced/fake friendly type).

They do go out of their way to satisfy you (they did not have disposable slippers but went out of their way to find me some... without charging me).

The rooms are nice as well... Very... homey I might say... High ceilings, hardwood floors, nice bathroom...

Love the location of the American Trade as well.

^^

uclabruin82 Oct 14, 2015 1:07 pm

I stayed at the Trump a couple years ago (December 2012), so things may have changed, but here are my thoughts:
1) The infinity pools like nice and are fine when you are in them, but the pool area overall is not great
2) The gym was very nice
3) I do not like hotel rooms where the bathroom is basically open, as it was here. If that does not bother you, then the rooms were fairly well done
4) I did not mind the area that much. It is in a quieter area, but everything we went to see was a fairly short drive away and we walked to the old town a couple of times.
5) All in all, it was fine, but keep your expectations low, especially when it comes to service

GetSetJetSet Oct 14, 2015 1:08 pm

I think I am going to stay at the TRUMP and help Make Central America Great Again!

pricesquire Jan 8, 2016 6:45 am

Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet (Post 25564767)
I think I am going to stay at the TRUMP and help Make Central America Great Again!

Hahahah!

Pausanias Jan 8, 2016 8:42 am

Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet (Post 25564767)

:D

pricesquire Jan 24, 2016 3:21 pm

American Trade Hotel: finally got to see it and I adored the place. Really, really adored it. By no means 'perfect', but very much the best hotel in PTY (by a mile).

You can see the pictures I took of ATH here.

PS, the Waldorf was so, so bad I left after 1 hour and flew to MIA. Haven't been in a Waldorf Astoria that bad....ever?