Wiki Posts
Search

Rank your best beach/coastal resorts

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2015, 10:04 am
Original Poster

Rank your best beach/coastal resorts

Hi everyone,

We found this forum last year and it’s our first post. Thank you to everyone here for providing so much useful info, we relied heavily on posts here for planning our trip to the Philippines last month.

We wondered though, if everyone on here ranked their top resorts, which ones would come out top?

It seems like there are a lot of very experienced people posting here, and it would be interesting to see what the consensus is on the top places.

If anyone’s interested, post your ranked list of beach/coastal resorts here.
Old May 16, 2015, 12:55 pm
Suspended

My thoughts are constantly changing on these "top ___" lists. There are a few favorites that will probably always be favorites but - otherwise - hard to nail down an accurate list.

As of 2015, my favorite beach resort is Mukul. Love what's going on at this otherwise untouched piece of land.
Old May 17, 2015, 3:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by basil_fawlty
what the consensus is on the top places.
Will be impossible, sorry. Amanpulo Comes to my mind, but even about Amanpulo is a strong discussion. My favourite so far is FS Seychelles
Old May 17, 2015, 4:05 am

There wont be a consensus.

But I think maldives are pretty unbeatable for beaches and resorts...
There the usual: Velaa, Cheval Blanc, Reethi Rah
Old May 17, 2015, 4:09 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
I like anything and everything in Bora Bora / Maldives.
Old May 19, 2015, 9:31 am

I was just thinking about this the other day. How would you rate the best beach hotels for places not on an island like Maldives/Seychelles/Fiji etc.

Also, not places where your hotel is on stilts on the mountainside and all you get is a view of the water and you never go see the beach because you're staying in your villa's pool. I mean some place you can eat breakfast and just walk to the beach. I would include some places where you can walk down steps to the beach because it up high.

We enjoyed the proximity of the Legian to their pool right on the beach.
Old May 19, 2015, 12:32 pm

FS Bora Bora and FS Seychelles.
Although upcoming Six Senses Seychelles might be a close contender.

Maldives are great, but we prefer BB and Seychelles.
Old May 19, 2015, 12:51 pm

I do love FS Bora Bora & Seychelles but nothing compares to Amanpulo.
Old May 21, 2015, 8:34 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, AA 2.0 MM, DL Plat, Hertz Plat, LY Gold
Amanpulo/FS Bora Bora
Old May 21, 2015, 9:58 am

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Welcome to FT and the Luxury Hotel forum basil_fawlty ^.

Tastes are very different here and there is happily no consensus.

I personally hate tropical hot climate and prefer it more balmy. The most perfect place I was so far is Lord Howe Island and if money does not matter Capella Lodge. This is a Polynesian Island without the Polynesian heat and you have different beaches to swim with giant turtles, baby sharks and a lot of fish. There are also fantastic walks.

A good bet is also Sicily when in Europe with Verdura a Rocco Forte property on the south coast with a lot of Greek temples.

For a short weekend while in Europe why not Nice, a real seaside city, the Rio of Europe. Try Hotel La Pérouse there which has a stunning location.
Old May 21, 2015, 11:57 am

Torquay?

Sorry, but I had to say this, basil_fawlty !
Old May 21, 2015, 4:11 pm

Programs: Virtuoso
When you say beach/coastal, what do you want from the area? Do you want something coastal with amazing views and climate or do you want to be on the beach, in the sand and doing water activities?
Old May 25, 2015, 1:39 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by behuman
Welcome to FT and the Luxury Hotel forum basil_fawlty ^.

Tastes are very different here and there is happily no consensus.

I personally hate tropical hot climate and prefer it more balmy. The most perfect place I was so far is Lord Howe Island and if money does not matter Capella Lodge. This is a Polynesian Island without the Polynesian heat and you have different beaches to swim with giant turtles, baby sharks and a lot of fish. There are also fantastic walks.

A good bet is also Sicily when in Europe with Verdura a Rocco Forte property on the south coast with a lot of Greek temples.

For a short weekend while in Europe why not Nice, a real seaside city, the Rio of Europe. Try Hotel La Pérouse there which has a stunning location.
Verdura looks really decent - other than the Amans what else would you recommend in Europe? Despite living there my default European experience is a beach in Southern France / Costa Del Sol with more Brits than locals....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.