Wiki Posts
Search

The Ultimate Guide to Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2018, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by scented
Jean-Claude Wietzel is now in Paris GM and RVP at the iconic Four Seasons Hotel George V, taking over from José Silva, who did wonders for this hotel. I am very curious to see Mr Wietzel's approach for Paris. He is coming from Maui, which is a well oiled machine but not really a property I like and Marrakech was very bland and boring when he opened it, which may or may not be down to him, so we shall see! Good to know who is in charge now.

I also heard Lynn Brutman has moved to Park Lane from Hampshire, does anybody know why? Always thought Todd Cilano would leave Doha to lead Park Lane as GM and RVP.
Jose is now the CEO of Jumeirah hotels and Resorts.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 7:36 am

Jean-Claude Wietzel is now in Paris GM and RVP at the iconic Four Seasons Hotel George V, taking over from José Silva, who did wonders for this hotel. I am very curious to see Mr Wietzel's approach for Paris. He is coming from Maui, which is a well oiled machine but not really a property I like and Marrakech was very bland and boring when he opened it, which may or may not be down to him, so we shall see! Good to know who is in charge now.

I also heard Lynn Brutman has moved to Park Lane from Hampshire, does anybody know why? Always thought Todd Cilano would leave Doha to lead Park Lane as GM and RVP.
Jean Claude used to work at FS George V and is a really nice guy and very good with staff and guests alike. I think the problem with FS Marrakech was more to do with ownership than Four Seasons management. Felix Murillo had the same problem when he was GM there. Blaise must have found the secret! Jean Claude does not start work at FS GV until June, when the new Spa opens.

Interesting about Lynn Brutman, as her role at Park Lane is diminished, but maybe Todd needs someone with a bit more local knowledge, as he has not worked in the UK before, as I recall.

It will be really tough for anyone to fill the shoes of John Stauss!
Old Apr 23, 2018, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
Jean Claude used to work at FS George V and is a really nice guy and very good with staff and guests alike. I think the problem with FS Marrakech was more to do with ownership than Four Seasons management. Felix Murillo had the same problem when he was GM there. Blaise must have found the secret! Jean Claude does not start work at FS GV until June, when the new Spa opens.

Interesting about Lynn Brutman, as her role at Park Lane is diminished, but maybe Todd needs someone with a bit more local knowledge, as he has not worked in the UK before, as I recall.

Thank you for this, vuittonsofstyle — very relieved to hear Jean-Claude Wietzel gets your stamp of approval. Looking forward to his work at Le George V.

I agree regarding Park Lane... John Stauss surely left his successor one of the best Four Seasons worldwide.

Also heard today Edward Linsley is now in charge of both of their Seychelles resorts, no less. Well deserved, always admired his work. Likely this also stems from Adrian Messerli’s departure. His new title is Senior General Manager
vuittonsofstyle likes this.

Last edited by scented; Apr 23, 2018 at 9:37 am
Old Apr 23, 2018, 10:15 am

Jean Claude used to work at FS George...
...but maybe Todd needs someone with a bit more local knowledge, as he has not worked in the UK before, as I recall.

Todd used to work at FS London sometime around 2001.
Todd has left FS - don’t know yet where he is going to.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

moved

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Apr 23, 2018 at 10:46 am
Old Apr 23, 2018, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by NikonDuser

Really interesting... now this would make sense knowing that Lynn is moving over to London. Jeff Rednour will be GM in Doha.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

4hoteliers.com/features/article/11160
April 2018
Lynn Brutman has moved to the Four Seasons London Park Lane as Regional Vice President and General Manager.
4hoteliers.com/features/article/11086
March 2018
Lynn Brutman adds Regional Vice President to her General Manager duties at the Four Seasons Hampshire.
travelmarketreport.com/articles/Hoteliers-On-the-Move-February-2018
February 20, 2018
Todd Cilano London Four Seasons Park Lane (John Stauss retires).
thecaterer.com/articles/520212/exclusive-londons-four-seasons-gms-set-to-move-on
February 6th 2018
His successor will be Todd Cilano

dysfunction..
Old Apr 25, 2018, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by NikonDuser

Oh, I had not heard that Todd left! Wow - that explains Lynn's move.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 7:37 am

Update on this. Todd Cilano is now SVP at Jumeirah, under new CEO Jose Silva (ex RVP and GM George V). Also gone from Four Seasons (Prague) is Rene Beauchamp who takes over Jumeirah Al Qasr and is new head of Spas Worldwide for Jumierah.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 8:20 am

Update on this. Todd Cilano is now SVP at Jumeirah, under new CEO Jose Silva (ex RVP and GM George V). Also gone from Four Seasons (Prague) is Rene Beauchamp who takes over Jumeirah Al Qasr and is new head of Spas Worldwide for Jumierah.
Speechless!! What a coup... surely this must have been planned for quite a bit.
Did Chris Norton back in the day take anyone else in senior position with him? Can’t recall. But this is quite something else now...
Old Apr 30, 2018, 6:53 am

Speechless!! What a coup... surely this must have been planned for quite a bit.
Did Chris Norton back in the day take anyone else in senior position with him? Can’t recall. But this is quite something else now...
Chris Norton did not take anyone with him when he went to Equinox, but then, they have yet to open a hotel, so there is still time!

I don't think this was planned over a long period. The very fact that Todd Cilano actually started work at FS Park Lane then left suddenly, says it all.

Equally Jose Silva left FS GV very suddenly, which is why it has taken so long for FS to find a replacement.

I hear that very big bucks have been offered by Jumeirah - very big.
scented likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 7:48 am
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
official announcement of FS Fort Lauderdale is finally out:
https://press.fourseasons.com/news-r...OFwvQWJuIn0%3D
Old Apr 30, 2018, 8:02 am

S
I hear that very big bucks have been offered by Jumeirah - very big.
Not surprised... and those Dirhams come tax free as well! Now very, very qualified team at Jumeirah, but will it help make the brand less soulless? I am not convinced.

At least René Beauchamp in the few times I met with him always seemed to have an understanding of chemical-free, which might help Jumeirah get back on the right track. What I didn’t know however was that his passion for Spas was so big he would take on a SVP leadership role for this department.. always thought he was more of an operational hotelier.
Old May 1, 2018, 7:31 am

S

Not surprised... and those Dirhams come tax free as well! Now very, very qualified team at Jumeirah, but will it help make the brand less soulless? I am not convinced.

At least René Beauchamp in the few times I met with him always seemed to have an understanding of chemical-free, which might help Jumeirah get back on the right track. What I didn’t know however was that his passion for Spas was so big he would take on a SVP leadership role for this department.. always thought he was more of an operational hotelier.
Rene discovered chemical-free when he was GM at FS Terre Blanche and is indeed a fan, but like you, I wonder about an SVP role. There again, Four Seasons tend to promote GMs to head of spas, when they know little or nothing about them. Chris Norton and Simon Casson were the exceptions.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 1:29 pm

FS Paris GM RVP Jose Silva now CEO of Jumeirah

FS Doha GM RVP Todd Cilano now with Jumeirah as GM and RVP of Jumeirah Beach Hotel... which almost seems like an insult to me. From a FS to Jumeirah Beach Hotel? Anyone who ever set foot into that hotel knows it's tourist hell.

FS Paris HM Pedro Deakin > now Jumeirah President Brand Operations (ahhh.. finally a President title at age 40)

FS Paris DOSM Florence Dubois > now Jumeirah President Communications Marketing

FS Prague GM René Beauchamp > now with Jumeirah leading Global Spas, not sure in what capacity (did he get the last position left from José?)

Did I miss anything? Now what may seem as the usual roulette in hospitality is now, knowing some more details, almost a raid on FS senior management...

Elsewhere, a few changes:

Ben Trodd 'loved away' from Beverly Wilshire, promoted to SVP Global Sales. Moving from East to West is Peter Humig, now GM there, while Thomas Carreras on first GM assignment at FS Downtown NY (well deserved).

FS Surf Club has a new GM with Cornelia Samara... some of you may know her from her stint at Andaz 5th Avenue... she was one of Hyatt's best and hardest-working GMs and I am personally very glad she is now with FS, where she should be much more comfortable.

In Dubai, Leonardo now taking care of both properties... although this shouldn't be a challenge for him, knowing his passion.

Casablanca has a new GM, new to FS and ex Hilton... not so sure...

I wonder who is in Doha now? And Hampshire?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.