Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Relais & Chateaux | Preferred Partner program

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2015, 5:25 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, ALL Silver,, Miles&More
Originally Posted by stimpy
If you don't value elite status, why do you care?

It's the hotels that pay to be in this "club" and it's the hotels that have to push the management to modernize it. But they clearly haven't and thus it stays as is. If the only people who want it modernized are a few guests such as yourself, it probably will never happen.
You twist my words. I don´t value their elite status because of the reasons I have explained before. It is R&C´s job to attract new guests or guest categories (in this case me and others who might think like me) in order to bring the group forward, and not my job, and their failure if they do not manage it. At least in my humble opinion as someone who is daily in the field of sales also.

But you are right, too. Waste of time, energy and nerves as I might not change it, they must change it. You may know the group better than me of course, if you say the members have to push the management and don´t do it. In such cases I always suspect the management to fail, they have to deliver concepts and convince the members what to do.

To give them (I talk about R&C´s valued members) a chance, and for me the opportunity to try out their service and cuisine, eventually talk to the owners about their opinion of group and club, should the occasion arise - and maybe it whets my appetite for more R&C - I know now what to do.

As I go out for dinner anyway often, I will chose also R&C hotel restaurants in the near (I did before in Kitzbuhel/Tyrol region but did not collect my bills) or when I am travelling, collect the bills, and later exceptionally fill out the list and send it to them and see what happens. If I get their elite status this way then ok, but I won´t waste my stays or nights for it, as I do not value it enough from what I see now. This may change when I might use the status later once and can recognize the value for me.

In fact it is like putting the cart before the horse, what I do, or they with me, referring to their business to attract new guests.
Old Apr 10, 2016, 8:14 am

R&C has modified the website, but I do not find a link to Club 5C. Some months ago it was said that the information on the program is being modified, asking for patience. I was expecting more detailed information to come, in a sense of a more open policy about the program, but on the contrary now nothing appears any longer.

What happened?
Old Apr 10, 2016, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by submonte
R&C has modified the website, but I do not find a link to Club 5C. Some months ago it was said that the information on the program is being modified, asking for patience. I was expecting more detailed information to come, in a sense of a more open policy about the program, but on the contrary now nothing appears any longer.

What happened?
This was discussed elsewhere, but yes the Club 5C still exists. I still get emails from them from time to time. And if you look on the Club 5C webpage it says this....

Dear Club 5C Member,
We are currently updating your dedicated section on our Website in order to improve access and use.
Your Club 5C Concierge remains at your disposal to book your next stays and guarantee your Club 5C privileges:
[email protected]
We thank you for your understanding and your loyalty to Relais & Châteaux.
The Club 5C Team
Old Apr 10, 2016, 11:50 am

This was discussed elsewhere, but yes the Club 5C still exists. I still get emails from them from time to time. And if you look on the Club 5C webpage it says this....

Dear Club 5C Member,
We are currently updating your dedicated section on our Website in order to improve access and use.
Your Club 5C Concierge remains at your disposal to book your next stays and guarantee your Club 5C privileges:
[email protected]
We thank you for your understanding and your loyalty to Relais & Châteaux.
The Club 5C Team
I would not name that a Club 5C website. There is a path on https://www.relaischateaux.com/us/ which is leading to that message und you find it only (in the US version) if you search on Google luckily with the right combination of words or if you know that path, which is:

https://www.relaischateaux.com/us/p/club-5c

There is no (longer) a menu item on the R&C website to get there, which appeared in Nov. 15 when I reactivated my account. The message was the same. I wonder if we have to wait another 5 months to experience the updated section, or if it remains a secret club finally with no need to get new members.
Old Apr 10, 2016, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Despite the web issues, you can always call the Club 5C reps and get all the info you want and make reservations.
Old Apr 10, 2016, 12:38 pm

Despite the web issues, you can always call the Club 5C reps and get all the info you want and make reservations.
You finally convinced me to do so. I will call them and ask for some information about the club and book some nights in Provence. They have superb hotels and restaurants in their portfolio, no doubt.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 5:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This was discussed elsewhere, but yes the Club 5C still exists.
Well my post from 3 years ago is no longer valid. Club 5C is shutting down at the end of May. Just got this email...

Dear Club 5C Member,

We thank you for your loyalty to our brand and we hope that you enjoyed some pleasant moments in our Maisons recently.

Relais & Châteaux has decided to evolve its services in 2019 in order to offer you gratitude, enriching and innovative experiences.

In accordance with the terms and conditions of the Club 5C Programme, we would like to inform you that the programme you are enrolled in will end on May 31st, 2019. Shortly afterwards, we will have the pleasure to reveal new services that will be reserved for you.

The Relais & Châteaux Association and its Maisons are committed to the quality and service provided every day to our most loyal guests.

Furthermore, be assured that, until the official end of the programme, you will continue to enjoy your Club 5C benefits during your next Relais & Châteaux stays. As such, we recommend you to always mention your Club 5C membership number at the time of booking to guarantee your current benefits*.

Your Club 5C Concierges remain available by phone or e-mail to assist you in your next bookings.

Kind Regards,
Relais & Châteaux

* The Club 5C benefits will also be guaranteed for any stay between June 1st 2019 and June 30th 2019, for any direct booking at a Property, any booking made by the Club 5C Concierge service, your Centurion Concierge or any booking made on the Relais & Châteaux website, logged in on your account, before May 31st 2019.

For any booking after June 30th 2019, we ask you to wait until the end of the programme to learn more about the new Relais & Châteaux conditions applied to former Club 5C members.

It will be interesting to see what comes next. Hopefully not something geared towards millennials.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
I received that, as well. Curious to see what they replace 5C with. Our next Relais stay is in late May, shortly before the program terminates (L'Auberge Carmel).
Old Apr 30, 2019, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Anglo Large Clawed Otter
L'Auberge Carmel
Sounds delicious! I do love most of these properties.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 12:04 pm

Programs: Ex-5C club, Skymiles Gold
I too received the email and also am curious as to what “improvements” they are going to make to the evolved 5C program. I must say that I always had fantastic luck being a 5C member and always received upgrades, special recognition and was generally treated very well.

Out of curiosity, what AMEX card was it that used to give 5C status? We always earned ours the old fashioned way.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Flaneurs
Out of curiosity, what AMEX card was it that used to give 5C status? We always earned ours the old fashioned way.
Amex Centurion.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 12:51 pm

Programs: Ex-5C club, Skymiles Gold
Thanks, I had a hunch that was the one but couldn’t find any documentation anywhere.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
Sounds delicious! I do love most of these properties.
The restaurant (Aubergine) was the main draw, and this will be our first stay at that property. I had a very hard time not booking the Hyatt Carmel Highlands, as we absolutely love the views from there, and it is reasonably close to Carmel proper. We love Carmel itself, so it will be nice to just be able to walk out the hotel door and be in town.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 3:34 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AC75K, Bonvoy LTit, HH Diamond, SL Jade, ALL GOLD, IHG Diamond, GHA Plat, BA Gold
Is there a current list of which R&C properties offer the benefit?

as 5c is gone, members are still supposed to get the 5c benefits until the end of the year, I never thought about trying to stack. I’m looking for a good travel agent that could try to help me stack the legacy 5c benefits and the R&C PP booking. I welcome any thoughts or help on this. Thx.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.