Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Relais & Chateaux | Preferred Partner program

Old Apr 16, 15, 7:38 am
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders

This is brand new, valid from April 1, 2015. I just heard about it yesterday. There are about 120 R&C hotels onboard so far...
  • Complimentary Continental or Buffet Breakfast per night and per person, based on Public or Best Available Rate at participating R&C hotels.
  • VIP Welcome amenity

If the hotel already offers breakfast, the cost of the breakfast will be subtracted out of the rate.
Old Apr 16, 15, 8:32 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Better than nothing I suppose but pretty weak compared to other group's benefits. If the "VIP welcome amenity" is unspecified, it will probably turn out to be something like three pieces of fruit.
Old Apr 16, 15, 8:55 am

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Originally Posted by DavidO View Post
This is brand new, valid from April 1, 2015. I just heard about it yesterday. There are about 120 R&C hotels onboard so far...
  • Complimentary Continental or Buffet Breakfast per night and per person, based on Public or Best Available Rate at participating R&C hotels.
  • VIP Welcome amenity

If the hotel already offers breakfast, the cost of the breakfast will be subtracted out of the rate.
You don't mention "onboard" where, but given that you are the OP, Dear DavidO, and that you are using FT as your commercial platform, I guess it must be Virtuoso.

Shows that things are going really bad for our good old Relais - they sadly lost so many members in Asia, especially Australia is a disaster for them.

Perhaps voluntary hotel chains will disappear along with travel agents .

Looks like kind of a Club5C members benefit (except the unfair breakfast story) and I can assure you that they are virtually nonexistent. A good hotelier, especially of small scale, will treat all guests as honored guests.

BTW: You don't need a TA to book a R&C, they have a nice website and lovely staff at each property happy to assist . And I can assure you especially with R&C: You get more what you exactly want in dealing with them directly.
Old Apr 16, 15, 9:06 am

The last R&C property I stayed at was Gravetye Manor in the UK. As a 5C member, I paid for the basic room B&B and got upgraded to a premium corner room and had a champagne tea for free. Plus a little goodie bag on departure. I had the same treatment at Whatley Manor the previous year.

It's a pity R&C no longer publish their annual guide and I think the website is terrible. And f course, not all R&C hotels are as good as they seem but I've had some good recent experiences. Does anyone here know how much money a hotel pays R&C for entry into the consortium?

As per be human above, I never, ever, use a travel agent.

Last edited by Pausanias; Apr 17, 15 at 8:39 am
Old Apr 16, 15, 11:55 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by behuman View Post
You don't mention "onboard" where, but given that you are the OP, Dear DavidO, and that you are using FT as your commercial platform, I guess it must be Virtuoso.
This comment makes no sense...what do you mean he doesn't mention "where"??? He was pretty explicit in the initial statement that he just heard about the program and doesn't know which hotels are a part of it.

You do know that preferred partner programs (RC STARS, FSPP, etc) have zero - literally nothing - to do with Virtuoso, right?

Moreover, never once seen DavidO use FT as a commercial platform...if giving hotel reviews and alerting others to hotel news, then I think 90% of us are guilty of using FT as a commercial platform.

Shows that things are going really bad for our good old Relais - they sadly lost so many members in Asia, especially Australia is a disaster for them.
I'd agree that R&C isn't what it used to be.

Perhaps voluntary hotel chains will disappear along with travel agents .
This makes no sense, and flies in the face of most, if not all empirical data coming out lately about both "voluntary hotel chains" (not sure what that means) and travel agents.

A good hotelier, especially of small scale, will treat all guests as honored guests.
Didn't realize you were a hotelier in your past life..

BTW: You don't need a TA to book a R&C
Mindblowing news!

they have a nice website and lovely staff at each property happy to assist

And I can assure you especially with R&C: You get more what you exactly want in dealing with them directly.
Old Apr 16, 15, 2:49 pm
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by Pausanias View Post
It's a pity R&C no longer publish their annual guide
Yes they do... I have one. It is huge!
Old Apr 17, 15, 3:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I too get a guide sent to me each year. But I'm a member of Club 5C. http://www.relaischateaux.com/en/5c-club/ and I of course book through them.

And since they already have this VIP club, I'm not sure what the OP is about?
Old Apr 17, 15, 4:42 am

Originally Posted by stimpy View Post
The OP is about a preferred partner program for TAs.

5C must be attained by having a certain number of stays per year, or can be comped (e.g. through Amex or by a property).
Old Apr 17, 15, 4:43 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Tit/ LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold
I too get a guide sent to me each year. But I'm a member of Club 5C. http://www.relaischateaux.com/en/5c-club/ and I of course book through them.

I would assume Club 5C is for frequent visitors whereas the OP looked to be about a preferred travel agent programme similar to that from Four Seasons, SPG (lux properties), etc.
Old Apr 17, 15, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo View Post
The OP is about a preferred partner program for TAs.
Ah, ok. Maybe it would have been good to state in the OP that this is only for travel agents.
Old Apr 17, 15, 5:05 am

Ah, ok. Maybe it would have been good to state in the OP that this is only for travel agents.
It is similar to Four Seasons Preferred Partner, etc.. Anyone booking through a member TA will receive the benefits regardless of 5C status.

According to the OP it does not offer an upgrade benefit, but such could possibly either be negotiated or "stacked" with Virtuoso benefits where applicable.

Of course everyone knows that booking through R&C website or central reservations is not really a "direct" booking. It is a consortium like LHW, which is an intermediary between the guest and the hotel.
Old Apr 17, 15, 5:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes when I book through Club 5C it's not direct with the hotel. But I do get upgrades, amenities, etc.
Old Apr 17, 15, 5:52 am
Suspended

Just to clear things up:

1. It's NOT "for TAs"....it's for consumers, booking through a TA...exactly like FSPP, RCSTARS, SPGLP, etc...

2. Booking via RC.com is NOT booking direct, contrary to what behuman may believe...

3. Of course one can get benefits through 5C, if they so choose. But then again, as Mike pointed out, how would one stack benefits
Old Apr 17, 15, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I would never count on stacking benefits with boutique hotels. If it's FHR combined with elite status at a chain like Starwood or Intercontinental, we know that works. But with privately owned and managed properties I would not expect stacking to work.
Old Apr 17, 15, 8:38 am
Suspended

I would never count on stacking benefits with boutique hotels. If it's FHR combined with elite status at a chain like Starwood or Intercontinental, we know that works. But with privately owned and managed properties I would not expect stacking to work.
Guess it depends...sometimes I have more luck with the small/private than the mega-corps (who often have more stringent, hard and fast rules).

Search this Thread
Search Engine: