Community
Wiki Posts
Search

$20/$50/$100 Trick outside of vegas?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2015, 3:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Why is this in the Luxury Hotels forum (should be in Budget Travel or Hotel Deals?) Incredibly tacky, and is it not illegal in NV?
Old Jan 14, 2015, 3:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by JBG89
"If you could please check on any availabilities for complimentary upgrades I would surely appreciate it and like to tip you for your efforts"
Can you imagain this sentence at a luxury hotel? Which hotel in NY did you stay?
Old Jan 14, 2015, 5:08 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by JBG89
"If you could please check on any availabilities for complimentary upgrades I would surely appreciate it and like to tip you for your efforts"

I don't know whether the first or second part of that sentence makes me cringe more.

Yes, it's the second.

NB: Please don't try this in any luxury hotel in Europe. It will be embarrassing to the person behind the desk, and I suspect you'll get some stares from people around you.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 5:21 am
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by LondonElite

I don't know whether the first or second part of that sentence makes me cringe more.

Yes, it's the second.

NB: Please don't try this in any luxury hotel in Europe. It will be embarrassing to the person behind the desk, and I suspect you'll get some stares from people around you.
What if you make really, really sure you're all alone at check-in?
Old Jan 14, 2015, 6:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by hannisen
What if you make really, really sure you're all alone at check-in?
For example if they do an in-Suite check-in

I know only one trick that often works, but I didn`t do it for a long time: You check-in and if they show you the room you ask if the don`t have any bigger etc. Often it worked in the past but first I don`t need it at check-in today and second I normally book already a suite.

Last edited by offerendum; Jan 14, 2015 at 6:24 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.