LHW leaders club updates and comments

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LHW leaders club updates and comments

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2024, 1:25 am

Originally Posted by schriste
They were ignored at my stays last month at The Okura in Amsterdam and at the Colombi in Freiburg. The room I booked in Bad Ragaz was deemed not upgradable so I could not use. Also had a points booking and they can not be used for those.

However on the plus side I got a 1,000 points total for the 2 denials

Both the Okura and The Colombi did still upgrade me at check in.
I have applied the upgrade for an upcoming stay and it shows as pending. Did you contact the hotel prior to checking in?
Old Jan 26, 2024, 8:12 am

Programs: UA LTG, AA LTG, Bonvoy LTP, IHG Plat, LHW Sterling
Originally Posted by erik123
I have applied the upgrade for an upcoming stay and it shows as pending. Did you contact the hotel prior to checking in?
in the case of the Okura yes I did contact them. But it was to no avail. However they did respond and in this situation my lack of upgrade probably had more to do with inventory and my particular dates, than some kind of “we just ignore these” mentality.

i did have success with the upgrade contacting the Bad Ragaz hotel for a previous reservation, but for this stay I booked a Jr Suite, so it was not usable.

i have decided to alter my perception of these confirmable upgrades too “get 500 bonus points for each stay”.
Old Jan 31, 2024, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by Satie
Has anyone experience in having 2 back-to-back reservations with LHW? It would a be a 1 night reservation with points + 1 night reservation with cash. Will the hotel treat it as a single booking so I do not have to change the room and to check out after first night and check right back in?
Normally not a problem. I often send a mail to hotel ahead of arrival to inform them.
Satie likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2024, 12:44 am

Originally Posted by Football Fan
Can anyone who was Aurelian say if it made any difference?

I spent like 17k last year and did not get "promoted" to Aurelian.
I am a first time Aurelian - but did not get the invite until jan 18.
Old Feb 5, 2024, 1:23 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, too many others
Originally Posted by r281
Has anyone renewed their Aurelian membership? It looks like the Sixt airport transfer benefit has been removed now too.
I think it is now not something you pay for ? There is no airport transfer any more - which makes sense if it is not a paid level. My upgrade history at this level is pretty positive so far - bumps into suite category from modest room bookings.
Old Feb 5, 2024, 11:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Gold, IC Plat RA, Fairmont Plat...
Originally Posted by grumbler
I think it is now not something you pay for ? There is no airport transfer any more - which makes sense if it is not a paid level. My upgrade history at this level is pretty positive so far - bumps into suite category from modest room bookings.
Maybe they will replace it with a new benefit?

Have you had any luck with the pre-arrival upgrade requests getting confirmed in advance?
Old Feb 7, 2024, 7:00 am

Programs: AC SE MM, too many others
Originally Posted by r281
Maybe they will replace it with a new benefit?

Have you had any luck with the pre-arrival upgrade requests getting confirmed in advance?
In fact - just the opposite. In at least one case, the pre arrival request rejected, I received the 500 points or whatever but still received the suite at checkin. So it seems more adhoc than non Aurelian, even.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 3:31 pm

Are bookings through Virtuoso agents eligible for points? We recently stayed at two LHW properties, booked through a Virtuoso agent, and gave the hotels my LC number, but nothing shows up on my dashboard. We checked out of the first eight days ago. Is that too soon to see points? BTW, the Virtuoso rates appeared to be less expensive than through the hotels or the LHW website.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 4:19 pm
CBS

My December stay through virtuoso got LC credit. I believe it took longer than 8 days but I don’t quite remember.

Originally Posted by richarddd
Are bookings through Virtuoso agents eligible for points? We recently stayed at two LHW properties, booked through a Virtuoso agent, and gave the hotels my LC number, but nothing shows up on my dashboard. We checked out of the first eight days ago. Is that too soon to see points? BTW, the Virtuoso rates appeared to be less expensive than through the hotels or the LHW website.
richarddd likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 8:56 pm

Programs: UA LTG, AA LTG, Bonvoy LTP, IHG Plat, LHW Sterling
I had such a stay in early March (Virtuoso had 3rd night free, which LHW did not) and the points posted without issue. I do not recall exactly, but the points posted fairly quickly. I could also see my reservation on the LHW site shortly after making the booking through Virtuoso
Old Mar 26, 2024, 9:20 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by schriste
I had such a stay in early March (Virtuoso had 3rd night free, which LHW did not) and the points posted without issue. I do not recall exactly, but the points posted fairly quickly. I could also see my reservation on the LHW site shortly after making the booking through Virtuoso
It all depends on the back end the advisor is using. Travelport GDS doesn't link up well with LHW. SABRE does. Some advisor can't figure out the GDS so they book on phone or LHW directly.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 11:17 am

Programs: Virtuoso TA; SELECT TA; BAEC Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond; IHG Plantinum Amb
Yes - since 25 Jan 2022 LC points should be earned on all Virtuoso bookings. If that hasn't happened, your Virtuoso agent should be able to double check the LC was in the booking and then it can be raised with LHW.
richarddd likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2024, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by poplarflyer
Yes - since 25 Jan 2022 LC points should be earned on all Virtuoso bookings. If that hasn't happened, your Virtuoso agent should be able to double check the LC was in the booking and then it can be raised with LHW.
LHW phone rep said this wasn't true, that only booking directly with the hotel or through the LHW website counts. I'm not sure if I have the energy to push this, although if I stay in another LHW hotel an upgrade on booking would be nice.
Old Apr 8, 2024, 2:14 pm
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
LHW phone rep said this wasn't true, that only booking directly with the hotel or through the LHW website counts. I'm not sure if I have the energy to push this, although if I stay in another LHW hotel an upgrade on booking would be nice.
I helped LHW put this thru on their advisor board... so I'm afraid the rep is wrong. Go back to your advisor and have them escalate if you really care about the points
Old Apr 15, 2024, 6:34 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AC75K, Bonvoy LTit, HH Diamond, SL Jade, ALL GOLD, IHG Diamond, GHA Plat, BA Gold
I’ve done an FHR booking and gotten LHW points, not sure why it wouldn’t work the same for virtuoso? There were some older FT threads where this may have been clarified when they revamped the program …

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.