Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ferme Saint Simeon

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2014, 4:19 pm
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
Ferme Saint Simeon

La Ferme Saint Simeon

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

La Ferme Saint Simeon

20, rue Adolphe Marais Honfleur, FR 14600

Ferme Saint Simeon (0 Photo)

La Ferme Saint Simeon

Located in Honfleur, a fishing village on the Normandy coast, Ferme Saint Simeon is the best hotel in this touristic town. Honfleur is a picturesque village, and the wonderful quality of its light attracted the French Impressionists, including Monet and Carot, both of whom stayed at this property in the late 1800’s.

Room

My Deluxe room was in the new wing, a separate, newer building that nonetheless maintained the character typical of buildings in this part of Normady. With exposed beams in the wall, hardwood floors, and antique furniture, the room was large and comfortable with natural wood and shades of brown predominating. Styling was simple and a bit sparse; my room had a King bed, large outdoor patio, and a sofa that converts into a sofa bed. The bathroom had dual vanities, a soaking tub, step-in shower, and a separate WC.

Dining

The hotel’s restaurant, a member of Relais & Chateaux, is something special. Our meal was superb. When you start raving about the handmade butter and fresh baguette before anything else has been served, you know you’re in for a long and wonderful gastronomic experience. The patwas incredible. The sea bass was moist and absolutely fresh, perfectly prepared. A decadent dessert resembled a Dali sculpture but was oh so yum.

Overall

Just 29 rooms, this is a boutique hotel with very personal service. Don’t expect the kind of luxury you’d find in a five-star city hotel. What Ferme Saint Simeon offers is a nice, comfortable country retreat a short ten minute walk from the center of Honfleur. It also is suitable as a base for visiting Bayeux and the D-Day battlefields.

Ferme Saint Simeon

Would you like to write a review on the La Ferme Saint Simeon?

No, thank you.
Yes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.