Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chateau de la Cheneviere

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2014, 4:23 pm
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
Chateau de la Cheneviere

Château La Chenevière

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

Château La Chenevière

Escures Commes Commes, FR 14520

Chateau de la Cheneviere (0 Photo)

Château La Chenevière

A five-star hotel in the Normandy countryside, Chateau de la Cheneviere is a beautiful country home with 29 rooms. There’s a real family feeling from the moment you enter. Instead of approaching an agent standing behind a counter, guests are greeted by at the door by their hosts. I was especially impressed by the setting of the hotel: large, vividly green lawns, beautiful pastoral scenery, and the soothing sound of songbirds. Chateau de la Cheneviere offers an elegant country experience just 15 minutes from the American cemetery.

Room

I stayed in room 522, one of several suites in La Commander (one of two auxiliary buildings). The suite featured a corner bedroom and a large separate living room with desk. The bathroom had just single vanity (which was fine, as I was traveling alone). As with many rooms in the chateau, there was a combo jacuzzi tub-shower. The room was decorated in masculine earth tones, which I suspect is why they assigned it to me. Room 416, directly under me, is a large Junior Suite which I would actually have preferred as I was traveling alone. The bathroom had just single vanity, but it featured both a soaking tub and step-in shower. I liked the rooms in the Chateau the best. There are two lead-in “Standard” Rooms, and we were shown # 315 located on the third floor (note that the elevator only goes to floor two). While the room was bit compact, it had a corner location with two large, tall windows that admitted natural light and great views. This would be an especially good value. Every room in the hotel is different. Most (but not all) rooms have showers in the tub, but the most important thing to request is a room with two (or more) outside windows, as natural light dramatically improves the aesthetic of any guestroom. Rooms facing toward the back of the house get the afternoon sun. If you don’t like the room you’re assigned at check-in, ask to see other rooms if possible, as each guestroom is completely different.

Chateau de la Cheneviere

Would you like to write a review on the Château La Chenevière?

No, thank you.
Yes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.