Wiki Posts
Search

Quebec City and Montreal luxury options

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2020, 4:47 pm

Programs: Virtuoso TA, UA 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by escape4
Thanks for bringing up my review

I think my review is self-explanatory but if I can add a few words regarding service I think it was fine, better than many other Fairmonts in Canada. Regarding hardware despite the renovations it won't be mistaken for Fairmont Chengdu, Istanbul, or Amman, which are a few that I visited recently with fantastic new & shiny hardware but in any event it's a historical property and it stacks up well with other older Canadian "castles" such as Banff, Charlevoix, or Chateau Laurier (Ottawa).
Thanks, where do you stay now when in the area if not at Frontenac?

Originally Posted by BLV
I’ve stayed at Frontenac twice last year and if you’re into that Disney world feel and hoards of crazy people at breakfast along with random cruise ship tourists running in to take a photo (carrying a huge tele zoom, no less and as most of the time as far as cruise ship crowd goes) while you’re having lunch - go for it. On a plus side, views are good, main restaurant is not bad.

I prefer Auberge Saint-Antoine and would only stay there since switching from Frontenac during last stay.
Have you stayed at Le Mount Stephen as well? Wonder how that compares.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 4:56 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by BLV
I’ve stayed at Frontenac twice last year and if you’re into that Disney world feel and hoards of crazy people at breakfast along with random cruise ship tourists running in to take a photo

I prefer Auberge Saint-Antoine and would only stay there since switching from Frontenac during last stay.
LOL I take it you went there in the summer. You will not experience this during winter - no cruise ships.

Originally Posted by bluegatorade
Thanks, where do you stay now when in the area if not at Frontenac?

I concur with BLV, Auberge St-Antoine is the only one that competes with Fairmont for luxury in Québec City. Outside of the luxury sphere then Hilton and Marriott are two suitable choices.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 9:20 pm

Programs: MS AMEX PLAT- Marriott Titanium-HH G- UA Silver-JPM RC . DL-AA-BA
LOL I take it you went there in the summer. You will not experience this during winter - no cruise ships.
I hope to visit Quebec City soon, any thoughts on a good time to visit to avoid crowds and still not freeze to death?
Old Jan 21, 2020, 5:00 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by m.photog
I hope to visit Quebec City soon, any thoughts on a good time to visit to avoid crowds and still not freeze to death?
Autumn would be best (October-November), still not freezing yet and nice colors of the trees if you go a bit in the suburbs. But we are in January now so that's not any time soon, if you want to go soon then I would say March; the day time high averages a bit above 0C and no big crowds yet.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 8:44 am
BLV

Originally Posted by bluegatorade
Have you stayed at Le Mount Stephen as well? Wonder how that compares.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30748592-post3665.html

Stayed end of October, which was perfect weather/visual wise & beginning of February, which was also perfect weather-wise if you love snow.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 9:35 am

Programs: MS AMEX PLAT- Marriott Titanium-HH G- UA Silver-JPM RC . DL-AA-BA
Autumn would be best (October-November), still not freezing yet and nice colors of the trees if you go a bit in the suburbs. But we are in January now so that's not any time soon, if you want to go soon then I would say March; the day time high averages a bit above 0C and no big crowds yet.
When I say soon I am thinking this year. I honestly hadn't considered the cruise ship factor, thanks for the pointer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.